[UPDATE] Square Enix tease FFXV Omen event

Here is the Omen trailer:

LONDON (27th October 2016)Square Enix Ltd., today announced that FINAL FANTASY® XV has gone gold. To mark this production milestone, a new CG cinematic trailer, entitled “Omen” released today. Eagle-eyed viewers will see that this dynamic new trailer also celebrates the game’s gold status in a unique way.

Omen is a conceptual CG cinematic trailer created by the world-renowned 3D animation studio DIGIC Pictures, who also worked on KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV. Noctis negotiates a rapidly shifting world, endless waves of enemies, a gradual loss of abilities and a madness that brings harm to his beloved fiancée. Inspired by the world and story of FINAL FANTASY XV, the trailer depicts a nightmarish “omen” for Noctis’ father King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided.

Original Post

Today Square Enix sent us the following image via email:

CvsPxi8WYAAt8hq.jpg

There was no text or any of the usual PR spiel accompanying the image, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it's all about, tomorrow 27th October.

#OmenFFXV

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Very cryptic. They also just released this video earlier today.

A little less newsworthy, but seems like Square is finally hinting at stuff this week.

Reactions: Prans

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
am i the only one who feels these cars and sunglasses and most of this games world feels entirely out of place in a ff game?
i mean, come on, next game, we'll have actual scientific explanations for how 'magic' works.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
am i the only one who feels these cars and sunglasses and most of this games world feels entirely out of place in a ff game?
i mean, come on, next game, we'll have actual scientific explanations for how 'magic' works.
Didn't FF6 already do that?

He didn't go into the detail, but sure Cid did a scientific study of magic in order to find how to harness it and apply it into Magitek.

Reactions: Ethevion

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also the unberable stupid "cool" look (sunglasses included) was introduced gradually since FF8, together with the excessive emo nonsense.

Meh. I want to play the fucking game. The delay still hurts!
- Goes crying somewhere else.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: I want to play it. I ALREADY PAID IT.
Reactions: Zense

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been very disappointed with Square (and most japanese developers actually) in the last decade. Final Fantasy used to be one of my favourite franchises and it became an absolute joke. Still, i have a feeling this is going to be the next great game of this generation, after The Witcher 3. From what i have seen they have learned. Of course, i could be wrong, but i get the feeling they actually produced a video game this time, not a wannabe anime movie.

I sure hope they port this to PC, cause i am not going to buy another home console, ever.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about scientific, but in Kingsglaive, they explain that the magic comes from some ancient kings who bestow it to those who are deemed worthy.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC Release Imminent! Just kidding, I don't have a PS4 and just really want this to come to PC eventually. I blame Kingsglaive for the hype I now feel.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading a lot of sci fi books lately and I would be ok with that. Also Dresden...

Anyways is it bad that I am more excited about the FFXII remaster than this?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Here is the Omen trailer:

LONDON (27th October 2016)Square Enix Ltd., today announced that FINAL FANTASY® XV has gone gold. To mark this production milestone, a new CG cinematic trailer, entitled “Omen” released today. Eagle-eyed viewers will see that this dynamic new trailer also celebrates the game’s gold status in a unique way.

Omen is a conceptual CG cinematic trailer created by the world-renowned 3D animation studio DIGIC Pictures, who also worked on KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV. Noctis negotiates a rapidly shifting world, endless waves of enemies, a gradual loss of abilities and a madness that brings harm to his beloved fiancée. Inspired by the world and story of FINAL FANTASY XV, the trailer depicts a nightmarish “omen” for Noctis’ father King Regis, of a catastrophic future that must be avoided.

Reactions: Prans
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I screamed internally when I saw this. Cannot wait to play this game! Don't have a PS4 or XB1, so I'll diligently await a PC release.

I have been reading a lot of sci fi books lately and I would be ok with that. Also Dresden...

Anyways is it bad that I am more excited about the FFXII remaster than this?

It's not bad that you're more excited for the FF12 remaster. But there is a very large community that is excited for FFXV as well. SE isn't doing anything wrong, people just like different things.

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn