Square Enix release Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age 'Spring' trailer

In anticipation of the upcoming release of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Square Enix Ltd. today unveiled an all-new cinematic trailer introducing the epic adventure that lies ahead in the mystical world of Ivalice.

In FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE, players are transported to the grand world of Ivalice where magic is commonplace and airships fill the skies. War has engulfed the kingdom of Dalmasca, leaving it in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the only surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country. Accompanied by Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, together these unlikely allies and their companions lead the fight for the freedom of their homeland.

:arrow:FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE will be available for the PlayStation 4 on 11th July 2017. For more information, visit: www.finalfantasyxii.com

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was it boring? Slow paced sure, but boring?

Hahah, well, to be fair, its been 10ish years and my tastes have changed, so maybe I should give it another (4th) chance. The story, it was alright, sounded pretty cool. But the characters just all seemed pretty flat and uninteresting. I didn't care about any of the characters or their backstories and motivations. I gave that game 3 chances (thats how many times I bought and sold it) and everytime I hated it.

And I like slow paced games, I play the shit outta Final Fantasy Tactics.

But you know, that's my opinion. As long as people enjoy it, thats all that matters, you know?

Last edited by MajinCubyan,
Reactions: mamalira

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The story, it was alright, sounded pretty cool. But the characters just all seemed pretty flat and uninteresting.
Hmm well i quite like the characters (vaan and penelo are bland) but the others are all pretty interesting. But it does take a while before you even have all characters and know a bit about them. And you'll get to know more about them the further you go in. It definitely feels different than other FFs though. It sort of feels like a singleplayer MMO. I remember not liking it for ages but now it's one of my favorites.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know that... That kinda make sense why it feels bland, as you say, probably they rushed him into the game.
I always though Vaan had a very punchable face, but I guess I will know more when I actually play the game.

What was the idea of having no main character? Like... a silent protagonist or just let you run around with the rest of the party? If you ask me, that does sound like a bad idea.

Reactions: SushiKing

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well i quite like the characters (vaan and penelo are bland) but the others are all pretty interesting. But it does take a while before you even have all characters and know a bit about them. And you'll get to know more about them the further you go in. It definitely feels different than other FFs though. It sort of feels like a singleplayer MMO. I remember not liking it for ages but now it's one of my favorites.

Yeah, Vaan and Penelo fur sure. I think maybe they just made everyone else seem kinda dull by association. Haha. Well, you convinced me to give it one more chance. After I beat Persona.

Reactions: BORTZ

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, Vaan and Penelo fur sure. I think maybe they just made everyone else seem kinda dull by association. Haha. Well, you convinced me to give it one more chance. After I beat Persona.
Wait for the new version, It'll offer a lot of nice improvements. Including a speed up button which is excellent for some grinding if you want to do that :)

Reactions: MajinCubyan

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the best game on DS
if you think this is the same game as the one on the DS, you are going to be disappointed. The game "Revenant Wings" was, in square's eyes, the true sequel to FFXII (FFXII-2, if you will) but more of a spin-off than a true sequel. This game is completely different in terms of gameplay than Revenant Wings.

Reactions: SushiKing

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Originally they were planning on having no main character. But then it was shown that people didn't like that. So they added vaan in. He's a bit bland but he's not bad either.

How was it boring? Slow paced sure, but boring?
FF XII is one of the worst of the series. I don't get why people even want this but to each his own.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Originally they were planning on having no main character. But then it was shown that people didn't like that. So they added vaan in. He's a bit bland but he's not bad either.

I find him to be a better character, even has an observer, than Tidus (even though I prefer X both in gameplay and story), or Lightning.

The only thing I hated in FF XII was the combat system. I hope it improves a bit now, and hope their improvements are not 'we now play for you' "improvements" Sqae came to like...

Last edited by pustal,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only thing I hated in FF XII was the combat system. I hope it improves a bit now, and hope their improvements are not 'we now play for you' "improvements" Sqae came to like...
I love the combat system in XII for the most part. I loved how you could customize the AI with gambits. In general i prefer turn based though.

Reactions: pustal

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So tempting...! Still, as the PCSX2 has advanced quite nicely and I can't be assed to complete the game on the PS2, I may just transfer the save and the ripped game disc to PC. Seems like it will take a while before a PC release, bu I highly doubt they will let people use transferred PS2 saves :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended