Splatoon Girl Hand Gesture Removed from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Deemed "Offensive"

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, May 18, 2017.

1. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 K35

Jan 16, 2017
    United States
    Alright. This is what I'm getting from this. it was an over the shoulder fist pump / "fuck you". now they removed the second hand, its still a fist pump, and its no longer offensive. so why does any one care? devs change things. its not the end of the world.

Eddypikachu and Tomato Hentai like this.
  2. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    No one understand how Nintendo's censorship works, no one even know what Nintendo thinks, and this is ridiculous

3. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    I get your point, but one country vs a dozen isnt really a fair comparison.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That wasn't the point, you're trying to compare the Bras D'honneur to the salute of metal Mario when it is a much more clear "reference" so to speak. This is a very clear offensive pose that most people with a hint of background knowledge would understand. You don't want your users to think you're saying "up yours" or "fuck you" every time they see the inkling, do you? But of course, just like some others on this thread, you don't understand respect.
    You obviously didn't understand my post.

Because we have over sensitive man babies who dont understand the meaning of respect.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja, May 19, 2017
  4. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    Dat's offensive

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Getting offended over something that's clearly unintentional is ridiculous to me. It's oversensitivity.

Tomato Hentai and Sliter like this.
  6. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    That wasn't my point either. You are only fighting with users without understanding the context of some posts. At least a few others got what i was trying to mean.

7. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Im not offended, nor is anyone else who agree's with Nintendo on its removal.
    Just to explain it better, I'll write it in the form of a tutorial and you can fill the blanks.
    1. Get yourself a kid.
    2. Teach the kid the kid the Bras D'Honuere
    3. Tell the kid to show his friends his cool pose he was shown
    4. Watch him get beat up.

4 easy steps!

fighting? Thats a pretty harsh word. And no I am not, were you not in agreement with the OP?

Tomy Sakazaki likes this.
  8. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Never agreed with anyone here. I just came to post about metal mario to poke fun of nintendo and this situation. It was nothing to take seriously. How hard was that?

9. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Well then, my apologies.

10. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Jeez, this thread has gone on this long? Seriously? It was already too long when I posted here earlier. But 15 or so pages over such a stupid issue?!

11. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    That's what happens on the internet :)

rileysrjay likes this.
  12. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Over there ;)
    what i find funny though is how people sound like they are offended by nintendo taking something that's a real thing that they thought they should take out so no one gets offended.

I guess you really cant please everyone.

13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I will, and he'll beat the crap out of the other kids because they're clearly triggered snowflakes, and those are not known for their physical prowess. Besides, they'd be in the wrong anyways - offensive gesture or not, it wouldn't be an excuse for violence. That, and Nintendo is in no way responsible for what people's kids do, if that's what you're suggesting. It's the same kind of mentality that leads people to talk utter crap, like how playing GTA will turn your kid into a school shooter when millions of people play the game with no adverse effects.

Tomato Hentai and Subtle Demise like this.
  14. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Thats not an apples to apples comparison.
    If you offend me and piss me off I'll probably fight you and that's that. If I cussed your mother would you not feel anger?
    So if someone is offended by the Bras D'honuere dont do it, simple as that. Mostly seeing as how its considered worse than the middle finger and literally means arm of honour, so if you offend someone that severely id be surprised if you didnt get hurt. Of course, I am in no way excusing violence.
    Nintendo IS responsible for what kids do if they teach them it. Thats like saying "You're not at all responsible for teaching your kid to say the N-word. He is!"
    Do you see how dumb that mentality is?
    A kid can play fight all they want and pretend to be bank robber but once you teach them an offensive gesture, theres no way of saying "It's pretend!"
    fun fact about mexico:
    • In Mexico, the gesture is known as a "mentada de madre" (Insult to someone's mother) and means an insult directed towards the mother of the offended, though it can be done with a single hand.
    Nintendo doesnt want a mexican kid to get hurt do they? After all they showed him that his favorite character did it so it must be cool right?
    Honestly, it's this kind of thinking that "I'm not responsible for what I cause to happen whether indirectly or not!" is complete and utter disregard for one's actions.

15. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
  16. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    And how would he feel if people called his mother a fucking imbecile?
    Telling me he wouldn't makes me wonder.
    Of course, if someone on the internet said that I couldn't care less. But if someone I knew said that I'd be pissed.

17. dAVID_
    This message by dAVID_ has been removed from public view by Veho, May 19, 2017.
    May 19, 2017
  18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    No, they're not. Only the parents are responsible for what their child does, not the producers of the media it consumes. If you want to blame someone for children behaving poorly, blame the parents. If your jimmies get rustled to the point of having to physically engage someone, you'll get done in for assault eventually. Feeling anger is natural, acting upon it via violence is a crime - that's pretty simple too.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. TheDarkGreninja

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    That's just moronic, mostly in the context of mario kart.
    Do you expect an offensive gesture to appear in a game PEGI rated 3? Hell no.
    so yes, in this context, it is Nintendo's fault as the very reason PEGI and ESRB exist is to guide parents.
    Once again, I didnt say violence was a positive thing nor a acceptable thing but thats exactly why it shouldnt be there. To avoid violence.

20. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Dammit sjw at it again it's just a freaking game.

21. GBAFail

GBAFail Smell my finger.

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Uranus
    Where the f*** do you live? In Pennsylvania it doesn't mean shit. Sometimes I see people doing that gesture as a joke for fisting someone up the ass. It's funny. Not an insult. The gesture itself though means nothing here.