Gaming Splatoon Demo Incoming! May 8 and 9, 2015!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played it during 3-4pm EST

It seems fun but I really hate them using that gyro-whatever in order to aim the camera. That's a dealbreaker for me. Does anyone know if there will be an option to turn it off? If not, I guess I won't be getting it.
The demo had an option to turn it off if you pressed + at weapon select.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
But using analog made you too slow, it was way easier to aim with motion controls but it really needs some time to get used to.
Tried it. Couldn't get used to it.

Motion camera was too distracting and unreliable plus with both analogue sticks lined up on the top of the controller there's finally a reason to use both at the same time!

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. when the game comes out.. I think there will be a -vast- difference between the people who learn to use the Gyros with the analog, and the people who cling to just the analog.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am just hoping for more demo sessions...

Yeah, me too... I didn't play in any of the three... so sad :(
Here's what happened: I wasn't free during the first two sessions(11AM-12PM/7PM-8PM here), and I overslept the third because I was exhausted.(3AM-4AM)
I am thinking about experiencing the game some period after launch when I could grab a pre-owned copy at a fairly cheaper price and can sell it if I don't like it, but considering the price of US Splatoon pre-order on Taobao(400+RMB), the scarcity of Wii U players in China(especially U.S. version holders), and the popularity of this game among existing Wii U users, I'm most probably out of luck. :/

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
May 23 is when they'll make the demo usable again but really, by that time there'll already be people with retail copies. It should be like this Saturday not the next one.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_noe8dhti781u3akyno1_1280-570x320.jpg

HELL YEAH!

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I thought the copy of Splatoon was digital in that bundle though?

Correct. It is a digital copy to play Splatoon but in this day and age where digital is more of the way to go plus the Wii U won't make any noise while playing is a win-win.

The package, known as the “Wii U Special Edition Splatoon Deluxe Set”, contains the console, a digital code for Splatoon, and a pre-installed copy of Nintendo Land. Pricing is set at $299.99.
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/best-buy-to-sell-splatoon-wii-u-bundle/

I still prefer to physically own the games, at least for the ones which are worthy that is.

Reactions: Xabring

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
5 days away from the official release date of Splatoon!

And now only 22hrs (GMT time) to go until the demo goes live again. So psyched to play it! : D

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5 days away from the official release date of Splatoon!

And now only 22hrs (GMT time) to go until the demo goes live again. So psyched to play it! : D
Shhh. Don't tell my kids we are going to be on the road to visit Mom and our new house. I cancelled my Costco preorder because it could take a few days after the 29th to arrive and then the movers come to pack up. I will just get it locally Friday morning so they will have the weekend with it.

Can the game be played entirely on the GP or is a TV required? Between packing, loading, moving, unloading, and unpacking the Wii U is going to down for a week or so. "Please Understand boys you will just have to wait another week." :)

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/