Gaming Splatoon 2 with the Joy-Cons - anyone tried it?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 3,978
  • Replies 30
  • Likes 1

SaiTheOHaireDeliveryGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I intend to play with the Joy-Cons in a few hours when the next Testfire hour is live.
Yesterday I used the Pro Controller, tomorrow morning I'll play in handheld mode.
I fear I will keep opening the map instead of jumping, as I'm so used to X being the jump button thanks to BotW.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played the first event yesterday at lunch break. It was fine handheld mode, but I really don't like the right stick being under the buttons. It was still fun, but I wasn't playing at my highest level. With some practice I think the joycons could be fine. The pro controller worked way better for the second event. I think Nintendo should release pro joy cons with a real d-pad on the left and the right stick above the buttons. That would fix retro style games like Shovel Knight(D-pad) and Splatoon(Right stick) at the same time.

Last edited by dreary79,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I need to stop bringing up the map all the time... I must deprogram myself from BOTW when it comes to the jumping. Also I think I had a very strange server lag. A teammate and me dowsed a fellow and he didn't die, but was seriously hurt. He got me and then after he died. We shot him way before he started shooting me, so some kind of desync issue there.

Used handhelled mode.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I need to stop bringing up the map all the time... I must deprogram myself from BOTW when it comes to the jumping. Also I think I had a very strange server lag. A teammate and me dowsed a fellow and he didn't die, but was seriously hurt. He got me and then after he died. We shot him way before he started shooting me, so some kind of desync issue there.

Used handhelled mode.
you know you can change the jump button on BOTW? that's what i did and it was easier to play splatoon afterwards.

Anyways, I despised the motion controls on the original splatoon because it feels very weird, but Now that I played the test (In handheld mode) I LOVED IT! all it need was to held the console to sync to where I was moving and at last see why some people preffer motion controls over the stick. Tried with the joycons detached, and it was just like BOTW: aiming with the right joycon is WEIRD man. But since I get used to BOWT, I was able to play splatoon 2 with the joycon as well.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Dont got a prp controller didnt see the need for it.
Been playing zelda just fine and the grip feels good to me
The Joy-Cons on the grip charger feels very cramped. I'd rather just play them spliced up on each hand.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played with joycons using motion every testfire now.

gPb9XZ7.jpg

Too bad that doesn't make your team any better.

Reactions: Xabring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte