Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct to happen on July 6

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    That's if you're into indie games.

2. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah, but who is ONLY into AAA games? There are like three really good ones released a year.

rileysrjay, felix.200 and jt_1258 like this.
  3. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Looks interesting

4. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    If they did release a demo, I would for sure try it to see what all the hype is about.

5. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    As expected they completely removed multiplayer on one console, just great...

6. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    where did you see that said directly? I didn't catch that in the direct somehow

7. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @jt_1258 They showed all the places there are and the only multiplayer the showed was with a game per switch and player, they also have a note on their website.

8. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    didn't they say the demo will be available in the 15 of this month, during the splatfest of cake vs ice cream.

9. JAWS_XS

JAWS_XS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2007
    United States
    I hear my daughter playing Splatoon right now. Too bad this isn't for the WiiU. I know Nintendo is trying to sell consoles, but I would never buy a $300 Switch for 1 game.

It's really too bad. Think of the extra money they could've raked in from WiiU owners. Oh well maybe in a couple years when Smash is out. Is that even happening?

10. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    demos out right now, the 15th is when you can play in matches, but you can go through the tutorial and pick a team right now

11. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    It's inevitable that we'll get a new smash bros, either a deluxe one next year of the Wii u version or a new one from the ground up later on I would guess. As for the Wii u, for the most part that ship had already sailed away long ago for Nintendo to milk money. They had terrible marketing for it at first and a terrible name as well. And the switch is going to do fine for them. They think it's going to be like the Wii, but IMO they'll probably sell around 50 mil units in it's lifetime if they keep on doing what they have been recently such as at e3. Plus 3rd party content seems to finally be happening somewhat, especially coming from where it was.

jesterscourt likes this.