Misc SpillPass for Raspberry Pi v1.6

BreyyneMijala

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a bit of a problem. I have the software running after switching the Hostapd and the SH code to deal with my Netgear G54/n150 Wifi USB micro adapter which uses a Realtek RTL8188CUS driver.
The program seems to work in that it rotates through the Mac list every 300 seconds, but It doesn't seem to connect to my DS.

this is the code on screen.
FeUoHdh.jpg

Sorry for the phone quality.

Any suggestions?

JackyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The USB adapter/Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset does not properly support full packet injection/spoofing. It cannot do what is needed. (almost, but not quite)

I have very thoroughly tested the adapter you are asking about, both official Realtec and Edimax varieties. It is a limitation of the chipset itself.

I tested over a dozen of the most permissible linux/hospd supported chipsets for what was needed. There is a reason I went with the one I did on the hardware page :)

Reactions: logg

BreyyneMijala

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I figured I would try it out since I had that one available already.
Why buy something new when you can use something that is collecting dust. Right?

Thanks to your hardware page, I have a new adapter on it's way.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works perfectly with no need to mess around with drivers with a cheap £3 RT 5370 nano adapter from ebay.
I'm sharing the laptop's wifi connection through LAN to the pi because the router is kind of out of the way for me.

GaryCXJk

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, not sure if I should post it here, but, is there a way to easily refresh the MAC addresses? Right now it first has to go through each MAC address currently in memory before it refreshes the MAC list after you modified /etc/hostapd/mac_nintendozone MAC address list file thingy. I have a hotfix where I can run a certain script that will create a new file in the temporary folder so that the main script recognizes it has to break off the current loop when taking a new MAC address, which I assume works, I have not tested it yet, but I have no reason to believe it won't work, but still.

Also, it works perfect for me at the moment, especially after a few small modifications I made where you can also add a description of the current MAC address. Heck, here's my modifications:

https://gist.github.com/GaryCXJk/2ffcfa40e882bb00ac64

I've added four files to github gist, mac_nintendozone, nintendozone.sh and nz_refresh.sh, which should be added to /etc/hostapd, and index.php and refresh.php, which should be added to /var/www, but I assume you already knew that. Basically, what I changed in the web files is I added a button that refreshes the MAC addresses list thing, as well as added something to both display all available MAC addresses in the order shown in the file, as well as a list that shows the addresses in the order it will read them.

nz_refresh.sh is basically a script that creates a file that tells nintendozone.sh to refresh the MAC list.

Now, there are quite a few things I added to nintendozone.sh. First, something to allow easy MAC refreshing without having to reboot. I also added something that writes the list to a file, so that it can be read by index.php.

Next, I modified the script to read descriptions for each MAC address. It will read the MAC address first, then the SSID, then the description. However, I am aware that SSIDs can contain spaces, so I've also added a check where you can add double quotes to define a string with a space. This only has to be done for the description, and you can escape a double quote to include it in the string with a slash, and use double slashes to escape a slash. This is why I also added mac_nintendozone.

No credits required if used.

Reactions: scicol

MsbS

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jacky -- finally getting around to using SpillPass, and I'm getting the "rainbow colored screen" on bootup (looks just like this http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Coloured_splash_screen). I tried adding the delay_boot command in the config.txt, but that didn't help.

I'm using a 16GB SD card. Any ideas what might be wrong? I'm going to try and reflash the SD card to see if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nevermind! Reflashing fixed it :)

SenpaiIsTheMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, not sure if I should post it here, but, is there a way to easily refresh the MAC addresses? Right now it first has to go through each MAC address currently in memory before it refreshes the MAC list after you modified /etc/hostapd/mac_nintendozone MAC address list file thingy. I have a hotfix where I can run a certain script that will create a new file in the temporary folder so that the main script recognizes it has to break off the current loop when taking a new MAC address, which I assume works, I have not tested it yet, but I have no reason to believe it won't work, but still.

Also, it works perfect for me at the moment, especially after a few small modifications I made where you can also add a description of the current MAC address. Heck, here's my modifications:

https://gist.github.com/GaryCXJk/2ffcfa40e882bb00ac64

I've added four files to github gist, mac_nintendozone, nintendozone.sh and nz_refresh.sh, which should be added to /etc/hostapd, and index.php and refresh.php, which should be added to /var/www, but I assume you already knew that. Basically, what I changed in the web files is I added a button that refreshes the MAC addresses list thing, as well as added something to both display all available MAC addresses in the order shown in the file, as well as a list that shows the addresses in the order it will read them.

nz_refresh.sh is basically a script that creates a file that tells nintendozone.sh to refresh the MAC list.

Now, there are quite a few things I added to nintendozone.sh. First, something to allow easy MAC refreshing without having to reboot. I also added something that writes the list to a file, so that it can be read by index.php.

Next, I modified the script to read descriptions for each MAC address. It will read the MAC address first, then the SSID, then the description. However, I am aware that SSIDs can contain spaces, so I've also added a check where you can add double quotes to define a string with a space. This only has to be done for the description, and you can escape a double quote to include it in the string with a slash, and use double slashes to escape a slash. This is why I also added mac_nintendozone.

No credits required if used.

I don't really know much about raspberry images can anybody give a short explanation how to add GaryCXJk's MAC pool to the Image from JackyD?

SenpaiIsTheMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, I have this file structure and in the background the files I downloaded from GaryCXJk on gist.

But where do I have to put them? As I mentioned before, I'm not so good with raspberry images... I can't really break it, since it was very easy to set up, but there are way too many possibilities where I can put them...

Attachments

• SpillPass.jpg
    SpillPass.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 437

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mac_nintendozone and nintendozone.sh go in etc/hostapd, all the rest go into var/www.
Overwrite as needed

SenpaiIsTheMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mac_nintendozone and nintendozone.sh go in etc/hostapd, all the rest go into var/www.
Overwrite as needed

Nice, thank you! I'll give feedback when I've done it.

EDIT: It's still working, so I guess the mission was successfull^^

EDIT: Doesn't working Anymore... Maybe the pi used some kind of cache at my first try after the changes and it used some old data.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a wired Internet connection in my apartment as I use my cell phone as a hotspot.

Would there be a way to use a wireless signal for the "Input" of the SpillPass rather than a wired one?

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a wired Internet connection in my apartment as I use my cell phone as a hotspot.

Would there be a way to use a wireless signal for the "Input" of the SpillPass rather than a wired one?

I believe you'd need 2 wifi adapters for that or you could tether using a wired connection.

Nice, thank you! I'll give feedback when I've done it.

EDIT: It's still working, so I guess the mission was successfull^^

EDIT: Doesn't working Anymore... Maybe the pi used some kind of cache at my first try after the changes and it used some old data.

What exactly is wrong?

fox0o

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really must say thanks to the creator of this awesome little script. Had a rasp laying arround due to failed bitcoin mining attempts and after finding out about this neat little thing i couldnt wait to try it out. Installed it on a 8gb sd card (didnt had any issues with winrar extracting the image btw), put in an old sitecom wireless stick (from 2010 or something) that had a 'somewhat' likable chipset (just a wild guess). put in power, ethernet and the card and i was good to go. System booted up perfect, 3ds recognized the system within seconds and after 10 minutes i allready had my first 12 streetpass hits... W.O.W... Just went inside the system with putty and did some mac filtering so it only hits my 3ds and everything seems to be holding. So yeah, finaly found a goal for my rasp, its a 'Streetpass like a boss' machine!

JackyD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you like it fox0o :)

d4mation, it would be doable... because of the complexity of the required software to make this work, and the fact that the wifi would reset on both sides every cycle, I think the most idiotproof method for that would to be to just purchase whats called a wifi to eithernet bridge device. It accepts a wifi signal on one end and spits out an RJ45 network port. Setup your phone as a hotspot, plug in the bridge, and it should be good to go. The SpillPass is setup to handle double natting in most cases.

fox0o

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forgot to mention the usability. Damn this thing is easy to modify... Made a simple WebGui that suits more of the 'Nintendo' style, hope u like it, might post the source if there is any demand for it :)

9tO9o5.png

marra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot to mention the usability. Damn this thing is easy to modify... Made a simple WebGui that suits more of the 'Nintendo' style, hope u like it, might post the source if there is any demand for it :)

Did you ever post the source code mate I wouldn't mind a look.
I've been trying to set a one up all day its been driving me insane knowing how easy it should be I've hunted down various wi-fi adapters then I find out my network cable to the router was knackered, finally got it working with a new net cable then the battery died on the 3ds typical.

I've not seen it mentioned but if anyone as a WIPI they work with no extra effort that's what I'm using now thought it was worth mentioning as people may have got one with their PI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs