Homebrew Spider LoadCode on 17552 (v3088) 5.x->7.0 Not working

PermaRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for the past few days I've been trying to port the LoadCode from spider to work on my 7.2 FW 3DS (I updated with a game cartridge so it didn't get the new browser).

And I've hit a wall at this point can anyone help me out?

My LoadCode.S
http://pastebin.com/Knz07LyR
My code.bin
http://pastebin.com/2WWPLF9p

I've also tried using duke_srg 's Spider port from https://github.com/dukesrg/Spider3DSTools but it also doesn't appear to work.

Tried using both his MemoryDump and the LoadCode (To confirm it wasn't my code.bin), neither produced anything further then a browser crash ( Yes I've cleared cookies and history ).

Most of the offsets I have I pulled from the GW payload for 17552... beyond this I'm not sure what to do if anyone can offer assistance or provide insight on where this is going wrong It'd be greatly appreciated.

I should note that Roxas75 's rxtools as well as the Arm9 loader he released do both work...

Reactions: KiiWii

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So for the past few days I've been trying to port the LoadCode from spider to work on my 7.2 FW 3DS (I updated with a game cartridge so it didn't get the new browser).

And I've hit a wall at this point can anyone help me out?

My LoadCode.S
http://pastebin.com/Knz07LyR
My code.bin
http://pastebin.com/2WWPLF9p

I've also tried using duke_srg 's Spider port from https://github.com/dukesrg/Spider3DSTools but it also doesn't appear to work.

Tried using both his MemoryDump and the LoadCode (To confirm it wasn't my code.bin), neither produced anything further then a browser crash ( Yes I've cleared cookies and history ).

Most of the offsets I have I pulled from the GW payload for 17552... beyond this I'm not sure what to do if anyone can offer assistance or provide insight on where this is going wrong It'd be greatly appreciated.

I should note that Roxas75 's rxtools as well as the Arm9 loader he released do both work...

https://github.com/dukesrg/Spider3DSTools and try RegionThree.S
I got all rop gadets from gateway exploit and all ROP code should work.
But with the exceptions:
1. MemoryDump.S will not compile for 4/5-6 browser because FileWrite ROP gadget address used is unknown for those firmware
2. I have no idea if offsets used in ARM code code.bin persists with different browser/firmware version, most probably they are not. So your code.bin may be useless for 17552.

Reactions: KiiWii

PermaRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/dukesrg/Spider3DSTools and try RegionThree.S
I got all rop gadets from gateway exploit and all ROP code should work.
But with the exceptions:
1. MemoryDump.S will not compile for 4/5-6 browser because FileWrite ROP gadget address used is unknown for those firmware
2. I have no idea if offsets used in ARM code code.bin persists with different browser/firmware version, most probably they are not. So your code.bin may be useless for 17552.

1) I missed the FileWrite, I just updated IFileRead/IFileOpen I should try again with that updated.
2) I updated all the offsets for the functions in the top, I wasn't sure about those in the actual GPU functions...

If I try region three how will I know it's working? (I don't have any other region carts or etc).

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) I missed the FileWrite, I just updated IFileRead/IFileOpen I should try again with that updated.
2) I updated all the offsets for the functions in the top, I wasn't sure about those in the actual GPU functions...

If I try region three how will I know it's working? (I don't have any other region carts or etc).
If ANY region card is launched that way, ROP code worked fine.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's been a long time ago since I have a reports it is working, at least on on of the 4.x or 5.x version. I also altered the launching index.html since then, so it may also interfere.
Anyway what are you trying to achieve with this exploit on 17552 ?

PermaRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two 3DS (One 2DS).

One is mine other is my fiance haven't touched either in a long time, her's was on 3.x mine is on 7.2.

They were only ever updated with games so the browser never got updated.

I don't care about pirating so I don't want gateway, and I don't care too much about home brew so I don't want Cubic Ninja.

I just wanted to play with memory of things like Zelda but all memory stuff is only on 9.x right now.

-----

Basically mine is stuck at 17552 hers is stuck at a 3.x browser, and I don't have a way to update them like the network would..

So I wanted to use Spider ROP to gain enough access to run sysUpdater and update to 9.2 then be able to mess with memory of games like everyone else because I'm bored.

I don't want to pay $40-60(Cubic Ninja) or $60-100(Gateway) to do something I will probably get bored of after a day or two, so I figured Spider ROP would be best way.

But lastly it gives me something to do while I'm bored and teaches me about the system, and I don't care if I brick it because that also gives me more stuff to do fixing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos