SPICY: Wii-U Hardware Specs Explained ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Valwin, Apr 7, 2012.

Apr 7, 2012
    • Banned

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Message Count:
    United States

Source
    6 people like this.

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh look, another troll post by Valwin. :glare:

Can't you just give it a rest?
    1 people like this.
    • Former Staff

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Did you post this after seeing the link in the shoutbox? I was going to post it but felt that we should just be done with these sort of threads until hard facts are shown.

It does make more sense than devs saying Wii U is/isn't powerful HOWEVER

"these speculations are based on actual leaked information and are not random guesses"

Based on "leaked information"...as much sense as it does make, I'd rather just go by the hard facts when they come up after E3. I really doubt Nintendo will say anything about specs during the show but they would give the press full facts/
    • Banned

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Message Count:
    United States
    yea
    1 people like this.
    • Banned

Midna Banned!

Message Count:
    Albania
    Ah, I figured this would get posted.

He didn't even need to compare these two. Nobody actually knows for sure what kind of GPU the Wii U is using. And even if we did have a definite model number to compare it to, it would be inaccurate. Nintendo and AMD will have put a whole lot of R&D into this chip, and the result will be completely different from an off the shelf model by the time they're done.

The point is that this 6 year old hardware is so pathetic in 2012 that whatever Nintendo uses, it WILL end up outclassing it significantly. The question is: by how much?
    • Former Staff

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    1 people like this.
    • Banned

Midna Banned!

Message Count:
    Albania
    That sentiment has been brought about by the fact that PS3 games, to the average Joe, look about as good as PC games. Thus, people are saying that graphical hardware has hit a wall and cannot improve.

This is shit wrong. Current console games look like shit compared to PC if you actually care. Sub 720p resolution (I hope you didn't listen to their advertisements,) no-AA no-filtering, inferior lighting, low quality textures and much lower poly counts.

YOU might not be able to tell the difference. But it'll be there.
    • Former Staff

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Well the PS3 just never looks that great anyway, most look downright bad. I always thought it was a developer problem due to it being a complicated platform to develop for or whatever (I really don't know I just go by what I see). Regardless to me PC is not a massive difference though, I have my games on highest settings and yeah going directly back to a console you notice them but its hardly N64 to GC/PSX-PS2.

Walker D I have a hat

Message Count:
    Brazil
    yup ..not that much reliable data to work with, but looks to be a valid point on the Wii U power discussion...

by the way, I've already posted it before: http://gbatemp.net/t...52#entry4173652

soulx #eattherude

Message Count:
    Ashmore and Cartier Islands
    Well we can't really gauge the console's GPU performance by comparing PC GPUs. All we know is that it's a chip similar to the R770, not that it's exactly a 4870. It could be a 4830, one of the lower-end models. Although even if it is using that, it would still be more powerful than PS3/360 at 736 GFLOPS.

It should be clear that the Wii U will be more powerful than the PS3/360. Most people seem to think that the PS3/360 are still powerful pieces of hardware. They may have been in 2005 but they simply aren't anymore.
    • Former Staff

Lily One Scary Lady

Message Count:
    Canada
    I'm liking your post because you called it "spicy". :rofl2:
    3 people like this.

SPONSORED LINKS