Hardware Spent the high cost and got a Fire Emblem 3DS, still TN panels! Arrrrrrgg!

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last weekend I ended an 18 year streak from my first and last Gameboy usage way back in 1998 to play my only Pokémon game ever, Blue.

I've been more a console and heavy PC gamer for 2 decades but lately I've been sick of sitting on my PC after doing IT work all day. Then the hype surrounded Pokémon Sun and Moon got me intrigued and before I knew it, I ended up with this last weekend.

Kpk62Cw.jpg

I've been amazed at how much I really enjoy this low resolution handheld system and playing Pokémon sitting in my chair all comfy with my headphones and my cat, it's more relaxing and enjoyable then I thought!

Then I found out about the TN vs IPS panel and my OCD has been going crazy trying to get a dual IPS screen. I've only found older used 3ds xl with them at Gamestop

Then I tried Fire Emblem demo and I was shocked at how much I liked! Then I saw the sexy white FE editon that went on sale earlier this year and I just had to have one!

Well, I got it yesterday and I got a lower IPS panel only and wiggly and loud hinges on FE vs my Pokémon.

GOD THIS SUCKS SO DAMN MUCH!!!
I HATE YOUR PENNY PINCHING Nintendo!

http://imgur.com/a/y846w

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah it's a pain, i've opened a bunch of Solgaleo and Lunala 3DSes, ended up getting a top TN bottom IPS screen because i just couldn't find a dual IPS. Nintendo should just only use one screen type in my opinion. You have a nice looking cat by the way :P

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I love the look of the SuMo Limited Edition systems, but sadly, I HATE how heavy/weighted the XL designs are.

I've only run into a few IPS top screens in my downgrading/A9LH installation services. And one dual IPS (my pre ordered Super Mario 3D Land one). The two Galaxy units I managed to snag and resell after modding both had IPS bottom screens. Very odd.

Nintendo really shouldn't make us customers play roulette with the screens. I can't see a difference, but some people can. And chasing a rare screen/dual IPS system gives scalpers incentive to make way too much money

Last edited by astrangeone,

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick dual ips man. My friend got a fire emblem fates edition too with dual ips, and he's loving. Buying these systems are always bit of a gamble, wish they were all ips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.