Hacking [SPECULATION] SSSpwn allows kernel access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's your lucky day, fox boy.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/want-cubic-ninja-for-free-be-awesome.374429/page-13#post-5172805

Enjoy! ;)
Much like in the case of the DS, the two can exchange information, but are otherwise unrelated and do their own thing in their own cycles, minding their own businesses and controlling their own hardware.

What the hell? How did I not see the notification for that...? Well, I'll be damned. Just sent him a PM, so, uh, heh. Well *ahem* heh...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah so if there is a bug in the way they share info that could be exploitable, that would mean you could also get ARM9 kernel right?
That's not what I meant. The two can communicate with one another and exchange data, but they don't instruct each other - they run their own code.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bu-bu-but Gateway is the only way to play backups. All of you using the exploit are dreaming if you think you will be able to play backups with this exploit. WAH!!

lmao its going to be awesome to go back to the"what homebrew do you want on SSPWN"

Homebrew by itself is already awesome. But when we're here enjoying the awesome homebrew and looking into a great homebrew future for 3DS, you sometimes can't help but wonder... What if ... it got kernel and we could install homebrew onto the homescreen (and obs run backups but thats not what it's about!)

turnerl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes like I said the unit itself would sell by the bucket load but games are not going to sell so if games cannot sell for the unit then no one is going to make any games for it and then in turn would affect the unit itself which would cause it to just crash & burn! I would rather stick with the Homebrew exploit and flashcards on a certain FW at least its a small market that Nintendo can handle, this sort of way can increase the handhelds reputation but complete access on all 3DS's and FW's is not good news for any of us in the long run! :(

I agree, look what happened to the psp

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree, look what happened to the psp
this is wrong.
PSP had another problem same as the vita now.
The problem is Sony. They left the at that time good seeling alone for the sake of their pile of shame which the ps3 was back then. This in turn let devs hesitate since it kinda seemed like they "canceled" the psp, kinda like the dreamcast by the time sony noticed it it was already to late.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
this is wrong.
PSP had another problem same as the vita now.
The problem is Sony. They left the at that time good seeling alone for the sake of their pile of shame which the ps3 was back then. This in turn let devs hesitate since it kinda seemed like they "canceled" the psp, kinda like the dreamcast by the time sony noticed it it was already to late.
...and in the end they had two well-selling systems rather than one, so that was a good move on their part. Admittedly the PS3 did nothing (or next to nothing) in terms of profitability, but it maintained the household brand and if not for the huge comeback the PS3 made, the PS4 wouldn't be nearly as successful or profitable today.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...and in the end they had two well-selling systems rather than one, so that was a good move on their part. Admittedly the PS3 did nothing (or next to nothing) in terms of profitability, but it maintained the household brand and if not for the huge comeback the PS3 made, the PS4 wouldn't be nearly as successful or profitable today.
yeah put the point is piracy/hb isnt at fault for the psp demise (in term what it could have done), atleast not exclusively. I would even go so far to say that this is the only thing thet let the psp live over that dark period where an dark prince came and rescued us ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah put the point is piracy/hb isnt at fault for the psp demise, atleast not exclusively. I would even go so far to say that this is the only thing thet let the psp live over that dark period where an dark prince came and rescued us ;)
Piracy is not the cause of any system's demise and anyone claiming otherwise has little understanding of the digital market. Pirates are, always have been and always will be a very small and usually irrelevant minority in the overall userbase, especially on consoles on which piracy is usually a bit of a hassle (and often times an investment in and out of itself) in comparison to PC.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users