Hacking [SPECULATION] Current State of Affairs for 3DS Flash Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haha I knew it. As if he was asking how many FW 6.3 3DS are around just out of curiosity. :D

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This will make all 3DS in stores exploitable (except those who are returned updated). But nothing new for us emuNAND users.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This whole thread is "questionable comments", and that includes your posts.

Get off your high horse.

+1, what alot dont realise is all the information these "questionable" (lol) devs have added to 3dbrew and shared openly i might add, is what helped you to get your f**ken flashcarts to begin with, you think the makers did it all themselves with their own work ?????? Also teams have always worked together or jumped ship to some degree right back to the c64 scene, just because 1 team comes out with some features as another, or unreleased features doesnt instantly mean its the same team, people share and sell their work behind closed doors, trust is broken etc etc, we can go around in circles time and time again with people on both sides, wouldnt it make sense to just wait it out, not spend your lives tunnel visioning in on what you want to believe and wait till there is solid proof 1 way or another ???

Reactions: profi200

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
+1, what alot dont realise is all the information these "questionable" (lol) devs have added to 3dbrew and shared openly i might add, is what helped you to get your f**ken flashcarts to begin with, you think the makers did it all themselves with their own work ?????? Also teams have always worked together or jumped ship to some degree right back to the c64 scene, just because 1 team comes out with some features as another, or unreleased features doesnt instantly mean its the same team, people share and sell their work behind closed doors, trust is broken etc etc, we can go around in circles time and time again with people on both sides, wouldnt it make sense to just wait it out, not spend your lives tunnel visioning in on what you want to believe and wait till there is solid proof 1 way or another ???

*shakes head* you just don't get it. There is no vision, there is little solid proof, there is no forced opinion/conclusion only collated bits of information. What people do with the information is entirely up to them. You need to get the sand out of your vagina. Seriously its becoming a problem. I've never dissed the devs. Who has tunnel vision now? Gbatemp is not a Totalitarianism discussion board. Don't try to turn it into one.

Ok guys. So updated the main post with the new tweet.

So based on what we know so far, it seems rather likely that a 6.x exploit actually does exist. The funniest thing is how did the chinese dude catch wind of it and also smealum. (well obviously smea is a dev and he knows his way around the 3ds). So from almost the opposite ends of the earth, the Chinese and the French (Smealum) might possibly know about the exploit. This can only mean two things. One, there are some chinese dev hidden away somewhere developing for the 3DS hence the parallel development with the western devs. OR... one of the western devs are helping with the chinese development front (aka flash carts). I personally am hoping that there is a secret group of chinese 3ds hackers to diversify the hacking scene. However, as you may all know you can make arguments for either possibility.

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, it was only a matter of time before we had some kind of admission. We were fairly positive there is a <=6.3 exploit in the wild, given the tid bits of hints from the leaks and smea's comments.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now you have another possible reason, why a public CFW with warez capability should not exist. If this leads to anything, it will open the doors pretty much completely for warez sooner or later.

And no, this comes unforeseen.

lambstone
Now do you shit and quote me ("OMG! *QUOTE BUTTON PRESS*!!!!") to spread more rumours.

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Now you have another possible reason, why a public CFW with warez capability should not exist. If this leads to anything, it will open the doors pretty much completely for warez sooner or later.

lambstone
Now do you shit and quote me ("OMG! *QUOTE BUTTON PRESS*!!!!") to spread more rumours.

No. I don't spread rumours. I simply collect information and present them in its entirety. Quoting stuff allows me to collect and present information that I come across. Seriously you need a chill pill.

Also, check out point number 3 of my update 3 in the main post. I already stated it there but a few of you just simply read the points that you dislike and rage about it.

elcravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

lambstone

Warum schreibst du überhaupt noch hier rein wenn du eh nichts neues zu sagen hast und dich der ganze Thread sowieso aufregt? Dann lass es doch einfach.

And for the englisch translation since this is a english forum:

Take a chill pill dude ;)

Reactions: Nightwish

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No. I don't spread rumours. I simply collect information and present them in its entirety. Quoting stuff allows me to collect and present information that I come across. Seriously you need a chill pill.
If there are news/hints the shit spreads itself. You should consider a anti attention pill ;)

Warum schreibst du überhaupt noch hier rein wenn du eh nichts neues zu sagen hast und dich der ganze Thread sowieso aufregt? Dann lass es doch einfach.

And for the englisch translation since this is a english forum:

Take a chill pill dude ;)

Mir geht's auf den Sack, dass sich hier jemand wichtig tun möchte.

Translation: It annoys me, that one tries to make himself important.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
If there are news/hints the shit spreads itself. You should consider a anti attention pill ;)

Yes shit spreads itself, but evidence needs compiling to provide a clearer picture of things. So condensing material into a single source helps this. I'm all for thread wars but really? This is getting petty.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Mir geht's auf den Sack, dass sich hier jemand wichtig tun möchte.

Translation: It annoys me, that one tries to make himself important.

How the hell is supplying information making me important. You must feel that researchers are important.
Google Translation: Wie zum Teufel ist die Bereitstellung von Informationen macht mich wichtig. Sie müssen spüren, dass Forscher sind wichtig.

Alright. A compromise then. I'll take an anti-attention pill, you'll take a chill pill. What me and you have been "heatedly discussing" is not productive at all.

But I will keep supplying this thread with information that I happen to come across.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair we did take this shit to the Homebrew thread first ^.^
Whats with all the German? Such an angry language.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, it sounds TERRIBLE to have people stop giving money to shady Chinese companies. TERRIBLE!

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably best bet for everyone is just to take a 3 month break and come back when all the dust has settled from this crap. Too much to wrap my head around right now. Is it too much to ask to just want to play some free games :( :cry:

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You forgot to mention "...and troll and shit on posters/devs I don't agree with"

Translation: dieser Thread ist Trollköder

Either you're a visionary or you're incredibly inept at reading.

I do not shit on people that I don't agree with. The only thing I don't agree with is you constantly attacking me just because you don't agree with some things I said. Like I have said countless of times, I mention all possibilities even those that are hard to swallow. I find it incredulous that someone could be this dense. Please just go away, do us all a favour and go into exile once again.

Nevertheless, this thread has gone off topic thanks to the likes of you. I shall attempt to get it back on track by refusing to acknowledge your existence until you have something intelligent to say.

PSA: While all current signs show that it is likely that a 6.x exploit is in the wild, DO NOT rush out to get a <6.3 3DS. As likely as it might be, do not make a purchase hoping that it will be. In any case, <6.3 3DS XL are plenty. I'd reckon probably at least 80% of the 3DSes out there are <6.3.

Probably best bet for everyone is just to take a 3 month break and come back when all the dust has settled from this crap. Too much to wrap my head around right now. Is it too much to ask to just want to play some free games :( :cry:

Hm. Yeah, but things are moving really fast recently. Some possibilities are becoming more probably when you cross reference them with new data. However, nothing solid yet except for the fact that GW has disappeared for a suspiciously long time.

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://tof.canardpc.com/view/4184bb1d-a280-4c7c-b939-30bb2ebfee21.jpg

Nope,
just a normal FPGA (but a little bit bigger than the one used by the GW cards)

It's the same silicon as the GW version. Interesting. So it seems like MT's claim that it has a "cpu" is false. I'll bet (speculation) that if GW releases another card that now supports multirom and say the current one doesn't, that all that will be required is reprogramming the FPGA. This will be easy to do.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the same silicon as the GW version. Interesting. So it seems like MT's claim that it has a "cpu" is false. I'll bet (speculation) that if GW releases another card that now supports multirom and say the current one doesn't, that all that will be required is reprogramming the FPGA. This will be easy to do.

Hang on a second, isn't the MT-card using the Nano version?

Also, the mechanism of the usb update hasn't really fully been explored yet. I wonder if when updating it via PC, it uses the PC CPU to reprogram the FPGA.

P.S. Thank you. You have no idea how refreshing it is to converse with an sapient being again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)