DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Speculate about any random way-off feature.
Such as 3DS Fit where you stand on the 3DS and it weighs you.
DoubleFacePalm.jpg

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
300TB RAM
512THz CPU
200TB GPU
400,000x240,000 Pixel Resolution
1024THz Wi-fi Connected to the 3G network which Nintendo pays full price for.
Console costing $20 Max

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Way-off feature?
This isn't that way off, but isn't it time they made a fun, easy VOIP walkie-talkie type of app for audio fun between two DS units?

Except not requiring internet but just used for local chats, intercom-like between rooms and stuff? Buzz other people and get them to join in a chat or simply leave notes on their DS? Of course wireless has to be kept on for this to work and it would ideally be enabled when in a low-power off-but-not-quite-off state, too.

Mum (who loves her DS) can also buzz Junior to come into the kitchen on their DSs. I know, I know... not exactly essential but a lot of FUN, right?

Something like this along with some whiteboard-type drawing stuff with the stylus would be so much fun over wireless (and add to the 'social buzz' of the device).
Optionally it could be made to work over the internet, which would be killer, but they don't have to go that far if they don't want.

Cost? They would most likely have to license a codec or two, but the rest they should be able to handle, I think.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
foob said:
Way-off feature?
This isn't that way off, but isn't it time they made a fun, easy VOIP walkie-talkie type of app for audio fun between two DS units?

Except not requiring internet but just used for local chats, intercom-like between rooms and stuff? Buzz other people and get them to join in a chat or simply leave notes on their DS? Of course wireless has to be kept on for this to work and it would ideally be enabled when in a low-power off-but-not-quite-off state, too.

Mum (who loves her DS) can also buzz Junior to come into the kitchen on their DSs. I know, I know... not exactly essential but a lot of FUN, right?

Something like this VOIP walkie-talkie app combining whiteboard-type drawing stuff with the stylus would be so much fun over wireless (and add to the 'social buzz' of the device).
Optionally it could be made to work over the internet, which would be killer, but they don't have to go that far if they don't want.

Cost? They would most likely have to license a codec or two, but the rest they should be able to handle, I think.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea about those double posts, people. I go to edit and get the old post along with the new one like that. Just ignore the first one
smile.gif

Must be 'cause of some time limit or something (editing too early?)

Anyhow...

troydude6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geez finding the right specs on consoles is so hard because 99% of the media doesn't know what "ram" is.
Didn't the Wii have like 80MB of ram and like 4MB of video ram? I wouldn't think Nintendo would make their portable with more ram unless it was like the start of a new generation of consoles.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
troydude6 said:
Geez finding the right specs on consoles is so hard because 99% of the media doesn't know what "ram" is.
Didn't the Wii have like 80MB of ram and like 4MB of video ram? I wouldn't think Nintendo would make their portable with more ram unless it was like the start of a new generation of consoles.

Except, you know, this is a next gen portable system.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crimsonclaw111 said:
troydude6 said:

Except, you know, this is a next gen portable system.
laugh.gif
People really need to do their research !
tongue.gif

megahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
foob said:
Way-off feature?

Something like this along with some whiteboard-type drawing stuff with the stylus would be so much fun over wireless (and add to the 'social buzz' of the device).

whiteboard type drawing stuff made me think of pictochat?

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
megahunter said:
whiteboard type drawing stuff made me think of pictochat?

Yes, except better resolution of course, and colour (and perhaps some rudimentary drawing tools to aid in drawing). Combining chat and that in a VOIP session would be very cool, a lot like Microsoft's NetMeeting back in the day (though separate apps would be OK, too).

With the ability to save conversations.
Pictochat was sort of fun for a very brief time, but I always felt they didn't do enough to make it more than a novelty. Nobody uses it on a regular basis (a bit like the rudimentary DS Alarm feature)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
Nobody uses it on a regular basis (a bit like the rudimentary DS Alarm feature)

I remember using the Alarm feature when I bought my DSphat, until I got a real alarm clock a few days after.

Anyways, "speculate" and "way-off" just don't mix, because you speculate what is technically possible. Now, with the 3DS Fit comment, if the 3DS were to include Bluetooth capabilities so you could connect your WiiFit to it, and use the two together, that's one thing.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
300TB RAM
512THz CPU
200TB GPU
400,000x240,000 Pixel Resolution
1024THz Wi-fi Connected to the 3G network which Nintendo pays full price for.
Console costing $20 Max
lolololol don't get my hopes up. try $200(00)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?