Gaming specific job issue for FF3

akalic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
question:

i'm level 22 for my whole party : thief/warrior/white m. / blk m.

and i've recently gottten the third job classes

but i don' tsee any point in changing to them...except the fact that maybe my white m. and blck m. could get more dfense as their armor right now is so outdated and no stores as of now are selling anything good...and i'm getting hit for 300 ish (i'm at the part right after the water temple, in the sewers)

so my question is

since job level increases your magic attack, and my black mage /white mage are at around 30-35 job level, doesn't that mean that their casting spells are very strong? or fairly strong?

so if i were to change to a scholar, and i fought a few battles to get "used to my job", wouldn't i still be like 35 job levels down of what my black mage/ white mage used to be? meaning if i used the same skill that they had on a job level 1, they'd do close to nothing? in terms of damage?

does job level correlate with damage or something? because my warrior and thief turning to dragoon and dark knights were a bit weaker too..i'm not sure... some help?

sorry if its long.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
My impression is that a level 20 Dark Knight will be much stronger than a level 20 Warrior. But maybe that's just imagination.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
at first, yes...changing class will have a major effect on your members, but once properly leveled, they should be stronger...my white mage (girl) was pretty strong for her level (which was still weak) but i've changed her to a scholar, and she's doing quiet well at a low level....but i'm on websense, and still dont know the job specifics....hey, if someone could post them. i would appreciate it!!!

akalic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
soo basically a white mage lvl 30 job

is better than a scholar job lvl 1

but then if they were equal job levels scholar would be better?

thats the jist of it right?

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
from what i'm gathering yes... once you get it to a good level, every class can kick ass...chosing one and getting it there is the hard part since i dont know the specifics of each job and i hate switching jobs and talking to the old guy to figure out benefits....

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just decided i will come on gba temp nearly everyday and start getting more involved in the forums:D brilaint site anyne willing to help me and telling me whats the best jobs to have in the ff3 team
biggrin.gif
thansk guys

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its mostly dependent on you actual level, the job levels let your learn new abilities and give you stat boosts.

if you are lvl 20 all of your lvl 1 jobs should have around the same basic lvl 20 stats (this is not dependent on how a white mage would have better magic skills than a thief)
once you start lvling each job they branch off. More agility for a thief, more strength for a warrior. But they'll all have that inherent "actual level" of 20, that way you can fight lvl 20 monsters with a lvl 20 character using the lvl 1 scholar job.

i hope that is easily understandable?

so in theory your lvl 30 white mage is stronger than your lvl 1 scholar is correct, once your scholar is lvl 30 job it will be maybe not stronger than your white mage, just with different skills.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
correct....but the scholar seems to have better attack power than my white mage, but its the better attack power of the books, i believe. but my lvl3 white mage did less damage when attacking (not using magic) than she did as a scholar.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the scholar, how do I use the books? Book of Light, Book of Fire, Book of Ice.. etc.

Ooooo! That crazy ass two headed lion just got bitch slapped!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you keep that character on a white mage it will become quite strong in the white mage attributes later anyway. Don't switch it to something totally different. Keep in mind that job level isn't everything, overall level is pretty important too, as well as what other jobs you've trained that character in.

Your white mage will get pretty obsolete soon, so you could switch, or try to hold out until you get the last crystal (quite a ways from where you are right now, I think. I'm between the two spots myself).

You're also at a good point to try and get the side quests unlocked through Mognet. Send and receive enough wifi or wireless messages and you'll be able to get side quests by messaging with the FFIII Denizens.

Excelerate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you get the next job set, you should be considering changing your mages into something else. What's more, if you want good HP gains (9999 HP by Lvl 99) you should grind as a party of Monks until you get the Monk upgrade.

In fact, you should just get rid of your Warrior, now that you've beaten the Third Crystal's boss. Change him into something fun (Dark Knight is a valid choice, Monk too).

As for your Black Mage, get rid of him. Black Mages are pretty much worthless after the element changing boss (Hyne). Get something along the lines of a Geomancer instead.

richiepo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok... my 2 cents worth... I just beat the game today and my party ended up being as follows:

level 61 Knight job level 45
level 61 Bard job level 29
level 62 Sage job level 40
level 61 ninja job level 46

So... throughout most of the game I ended up keeping the White mage, Black Mage, and Thief. My thief hit level 99 pretty quickly and when he got the better weapons he consistently hit for 9999 damage. Thief is important because of the flee ability and steal. Eventually the Whm and Bhm are useless since they couldn't do level 8 magic. My fighter class started as freelancer to warrior and then to knight. I recommend sticking with the knight and getting job levels in that because of the two swords at the end that only the knight can wield... I don't want to spoil too much for you.

I dabbled in Dark Knight but found it mostly useless. I also tried all the other combos and they didn't tickle my fancy. I even hated the bard but after finding out how great a support character he is I ended up using him.

The great thing about the bard is the sing ability.... they always go first and then the effects are spread across the party in one shot... Sure they are toned down compared to the white mage ability spells but think about it... Effect across the party in one shot or waste 4 turns of a white mage to case protect. in 4 turns a bard can protect/ haste/ reflect/ and do percentile damage to the boss.

One harp sings for protect across the party - Madhura harp
One harp sings for haste+increased damage for the party - loki harp
One harp sings for reflect across the party - apollo harp
One harp heals (low level job is a low level heal.... I didn't use this as much) - dream harp
One harp hits for a percentage of damage... (sure this sucks for normal creatures but does 9999 on bosses....) - lamia harp

I also decided to job level raise the bard because you need him to kill the iron Giant... Since it does a % damage on the iron giant you might be able to kill him by hitting 9999 damage a turn... he's a tank and takes hits like crazy.... Sure the iron giant is an optional boss and the end and you need to unlock but I like to play every part of the game....

No matter what people tell you... you have to decide for yourself on what party you want... There were parts in the game where I had to make the whole party into different classes just to beat a boss.... At one point I had 4 Dragoons... Sure 2 had no armor but It was the easiest way to beat the boss. Just know that by the end of the game you won't be using your WHM or BLM... Your sage will be able to cast both level 8's for white and black as well as summons.... One tip... buy 2 curaja, 2 curaga, and 2 arise for the end of the game. That's if you want 2 healers at the end. I didn't go that route because I went bard and it was really hard. Funny thing is that the bard is the one that helped me win.

btw I hated summons because you never knew what effect was going to come out. Level 8 White magic is KEY in beating the game... Arise brings you back with full HP/MP and is KEY... So don't worry too much about changing jobs... Just play around and do your thing. Just know at the end of the game you will need to cast level 8 White spells and what you have right now ain't gonna cut it.

good luck

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually a Lvl 99 DRK has
STR: 71
AGI: 52
VIT: 71
INT: 52
MND: 52

and a lvl 99 WAR has
STR: 71
AGI: 71
VIT: 63
INT: 45
MND: 45

so they basically hit for the same... while the warrior deal more hits first since they have more agi but at the end they both hit 32 hits...
dark knights get more hp through lvls and they have a way better skill imo

My party is 2 DRK 2 BRDs or 3 DRK 1 BRD depending on what im doing and it works like charm ^^

kikapo_O

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Maybe I can add my question here ^^

I finished Salamander and I recieved the new jobs!

My party were Warrior/Thief/BlkM/WhtM so I chnaged the Warrior into a Knight and the BlKm into Scholar. Was it wright or is it more likely to change the WhtM into a Scholar ...?

Flam9

Trophies
Website
flamnews.info
XP
Country
Canada
Take it from an experience FF3er, scholar's aren't that great. Well, they are but they consume items and you can get that same power from a geomancer for free.

What I recommend is Knight - Geomancer - White Mage - Geomancer
You'll fly through the game this way
smile.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten level 99 on every job and level 99 on every character, and each job is great when leveled up properly and properly equipped and used. Some classes that stand out as ridiculously good are Onion Knights, Dark Knights, Summoners, Devout, Ninja, and Black Belts. Every class is good for something though, aka a high leveled Thief to steal Gugnir etc. Happy grinding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1