Hacking Sourceflow - What the..? How to, downloads, feature requests, artwork, discussion.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: 18/12/13
MbLcKCL.png
Vse1Gg1.png
PUb2TjL.png
lHm9TJN.png
SDSUuXP.png
J7sJRqV.png

n.b., If you have updated your small_covers folder, you'll need to refresh the wiiflow cache - Settings>Page2>Startup Options>Manage Source Menu>Page2>Empty Cache Phew!

RJK3cwb.png

Note deliberate mistake: Title should read "SNES_R" ;)
FRj49vO.jpg

More screenshots under spoiler
DO7tQDr.png

EqzG4rO.png

5ssfMWV.png

What is the sourceflow?
You will gather from the screenshots, that the sourceflow is just the sourcemenu replaced with a coverflow.
It uses the same configuration file (the source_menu.ini) - So, if you have your source_menu to your liking, the sourceflow will have your chosen sources ready.*
Why bother?
The sourceflow has all your sources in wiiflow's traffic-stopping big, beautiful, 3D space. There are already many coverflows from which to choose, and the artwork for each source is designed to be comfortably readable - even in big arrays of covers.
Hopefully, in the future, features from elsewhere in wiiflow will be introduced into the sourceflow, enabling you to sort consoles by preference and by feature, select, edit and launch multiple sources, and a pop-up menu with favourites - see feature requests below.
I'm convinced, how do I set it up?
I'm glad you asked! I always recommend AbdallahTerro's latest Masterpack:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101209384/MasterPiece/Wiiflow_Pack.html

If you already have Abz's Masterpack, you already have the sourceflow!
=> Just jump to "In WiiFlow" below!

If you'd prefer to set it up yourself:-
the UPDATED v2.2 cover folder zip with all the covers in a folder named small_covers:

-> DOWNLOAD

You need to have this small_covers folder in your source_menu folder in your wiiflow folder.

wiiflow>source_menu>small_covers

Windows screenshot of all the cover pngs:
VkP5UHS.jpg

You will also need a revision of wiiflow (mod) @ or higher than r1035, or WiiFLow 4.2.1
There's a couple of builds with various boot animations here - but feel free to use any higher wiiflow revision.

WiiFlow Mod r1060 a.k.a. WiiFlow 4.2.2
Compiled with various boot/wait animations.

Click on the pic to download!

WiiFlow r1072 build

Click on the pic to download.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In WiiFlow:

Settings>Page2>Startup Options>Manage Source Menu>Enable SourceFlow "On"

detailed guide under the last of the 4 spoilers (formatting issue!:))

Go to the second page of the settings menu, Click on "Startup Settings"

rZTm9sf.png

NOTE: PAGE 2

In the Startup Settings menu, click on "Manage Source Menu"

csBu71p.png

In the source menu settings page, ensure that "Enable Sourceflow", and "Sourceflow Smallbox" are set to "on"

wFY7Twd.png

Unless you'd prefer Abz's delicious Full Box Covers! (see below) (set "Sourceflow Smallbox" to "Off")

FRj49vO.jpg

* The SourceFlow currently ignores the [BUTTON_XX] number ordering and lists all of your plugins alphabetically. While this has some advantages, if you'd prefer to have your plugins in the [BUTTON] number order ( the same order as the source_menu) you can work around this by copying the button number to the beginning of the Title.
For example:

[BUTTON_19]
source=homebrew
autoboot=wiixplorer
image=wiixplorer.png
title=19 WiiXplorer

...will display WiiXplorer after the title beginning "18 " and before the title beginning "20 ". Obviously, you will lose the ability to order your plugins alphabetically, and you will always see the button number when your plugin's title is displayed - you can always remove the title by editing the coverflow if you find this irritating.

Thanks to Maxternal for the tip - if you ask nicely he may add a "add/remove Button Number to title" function to his magnificent sourcemenu editor.
EDIT: It's on his to do list! :)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FEATURE REQUESTS....

• *Custom title ordering, based on the [BUTTON] ordering described in the source_menu.ini
  • Source Delete / Edit
  • Multi select (see below)
  • Source_menu options button on the first tier of the settings menu - most users use the source_menu - putting it behind startup settings really isn't meeting the needs of the majority. Can I suggest that some pages of the settings menu could be a 2nd tier page under a single button on the 1st tier - page 6 could be all under a video settings button, page 5 under a sound levels button - this could create a load of space.
Bring up to same functionality as the homebrewflow
  • - matching wiimote button functionality (home button menu launch with cache reloading etc)
  • - a Pop-up menu with favourites/help/etc. (this could be customised for a multi-select mode (see below))
  • - sort (by format, processor speed, generation etc...I'd like to help with this if i can)
  • - Close up item coverview with item delete, settings, favourite and (pipe dream) banners/screenshots.
Multi-select functionality - front end description:

Option A - single-click quick-launches the selected source (the current setup)

On the pop up menu in the sourceflow, there is a multi/select button.

One-click launching has one obvious problem - there is no way to select a source for modification without launching it. So when the multi/select button is active - users ideally would to be able to favourite, and delete the selected titles as well as launch multi-console coverflows. If item coverview is enabled, with delete, favourite etc, this is no longer a problem, obv.

If the 'flow could change slightly when multi-mode is active (muted light?, restricted camera movement?), and if covers could change position when selected - that'd be quite nice...

A "cancel" button is required when multi/select mode is active- obviously, clicking on this returns the sourceflow to it's normal state.

Once the First cover is selected, MULTI/Select is replaced with a LAUNCH button.
Option:After I click on the first cover, an info button replaces the multi/select button in the pop-up menu - clicking on this brings up the close-up 3D cover view with favourites/ settings button etc.
With more than one source selected, the info button is replaced by a LAUNCH button.

Clicking the Launch button opens a coverflow of titles from the selected sources.

These buttons replace the DVD button - not required in the sourceflow as users have access to a 'Disc' source in the coverflow; and the 'mode' button, which duplicates the function of the sourceflow so is redundant in this context.

While a delete button is a clear omission, there's no place left for it using the current 2-on-the-left, 3-on-the-right button layout. If the devs are amenable, delete could be the 3rd button on the left of the pop-up menu, to visually counterbalance the 3 buttons on the right.

THUS
Pop-Up menu Button order:

Help - Settings - Delete - Favourite - (Multi/Info/Launch) - Cancel - Home

Option B - Single click highlights the selected source for viewing and modifying, double click launches it (as in other coverflows)

This works largely as above. Single click opens a close up cover view, enabling MULTI allows you to select multiple sources etc.
N.B. An ' info' button would not be required.
N.B. You would still be able to quick-launch sources using the A+B combo

p.s. Pipedream functionality -
  • drag'n'drop cover ordering.

Reactions: kaisersozeh

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I use this cover?

wVpoVvv.png

Edit your source_menu.ini to include the following lines:

[BUTTON_X] (where X is an unused button number)
autoboot=wiiflow
source=homebrew
Title=ReStart
image=restart.png
2zJbV2i.png

autoboot=HADP (for PAL - HADE for NTSC)
source=realnand
image_s=internet.png
image=internet.png
title=internet
Updated:
MbLcKCL.png

All new internet bookmarks plugin !
[BUTTON_X] (Where X is an unused button number)
image=url.png
image_s=url.png
source=plugin
magic=70657261
title=Bookmarks

0xDtKvn.png

Why have a forwarder for another backup loader?
Well, NeoGamma will play backup Discs, if that's something you need.
UPDATE: There's XFlaks Auto Booting mod of version 8 here

autoboot=neogamma (this must match the name of the neogamma app folder exactly)
source=homebrew
title=NeoGamma
image=neogamma.png
GphqYw6.png

source=homebrew
autoboot=wiimc
image=wiimc.png
title=WiiMC
lC2eshb.png

North America Only

autoboot=HCLE
title=Amazon
source=realnand
image_s=amazon.png
image=amazon.png
eRB4iOr.png

source=homebrew
autoboot=wiixplorer
image=wiixplorer.png
title=WiiXplorer
95p5oDy.png

You'll need to download this application and place the "power_off" folder in your apps folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4ma7ov23492cuj/power_off.zip

title=Power Off
source=homebrew
autoboot=power_off
image=power_off.png
This dol was taken from the source code for a channel wad. If you'd prefer to install the channel and use that :-
http://gbatemp.net/threads/quit-v0-1-by-tonoobishuman.127987/#post-1986721
Once installed, you can autoboot the channel using the 4 character Title ID - see the other realnand forwarders in this post.
6nLSY86.png

UK Only.

autoboot=HCWP
source=realnand
title=LOVEFiLM
image=lovefilm.png
0E1Kf4W.png

autoboot=HCQE
title=hulu
source=realnand
image_s=hulu.png
image=hulu.png
0OU4okr.png

autoboot=HCLP (for PAL - HCLE for NTSC)
source=realnand
title=Netflix
image=netflix.png
UBAYCKI.png

autoboot=HCXP (for PAL. For NTSC, use HCXE)
title=You Tube
source=realnand
image_s=youtube.png
image=youtube.png
d0htFqK.png

UK Only

source=realnand
autoboot=HCJP
title=BBC iPlayer
image=bbc_iplayer.png
ChCMCIu.png

THIS IS THE MOST COMPLEX OF THE SOURCE COVERS TO SET UP

You have to edit your source_menu.ini to include the following lines:
  • image_s=arcade.png
  • image=arcade.png
  • title=Arcade

And add the relevant magic numbers after the "magic="variable ; my selections in bold

openBOR 4F424F52
triforce 444d4c62
sdl-mame 4d414d57
fba_cps143505331
fba_cps243505332
fba_neo464E454F
fba_PGM 44505331
fba_Psikyo 45505331
fb_alpha464E254F

fba_mame 4D414D45 - (not currently supported)
FOUq5Mq.png

You'll need to download this application and place the "booter" folder in your apps folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6xaea3rrsfaqrwg/booter.zip

title=Optical Disc
source=homebrew
autoboot=booter
image=disc.png

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow kudos to u spacepimp cuz this thread is hella nice. Very informative, requests make sense & enhance the experience while not trying to add a whole lotta jazz, and just all around looks great. I'll have to spend some time here and really go over all of what you've put into it.

Right now I'm just concentrating on getting my Wii games collection back I'm about 80%-85% of the way there already so it's just a matter of time before I start messing with the plugins & source menu/flow.

Quick question about one of your latest icons. Which system does the SUPER GRAFX icon correspond to? NEC/turbo grafx 16?

Reactions: spacepimp

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to hear you're getting back up to speed :)
The SUPER GRAFX was a real system, Abz is using it so he could remove a couple of other things to make space in the masterpack default source_menu.ini. The crossover of names and badges between consoles is a bit(!) confusing, but I know it shares a magic number with another plugin - obviously one that's been removed.
I think irt's the turbo grafx 16...
EDIT: And thanks, Man!

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I defer to greater knowlege :)
I'm very confused - I've re-read the exchange between abz and wiimpathy about this and I'm still fuzzy - AbdallahTerro, you are the man in the know :), are you cool to just clarify what source(s) have been dropped and what has replaced them?
Thanks all

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I defer to greater knowlege :)
I'm very confused - I've re-read the exchange between abz and wiimpathy about this and I'm still fuzzy - AbdallahTerro, you are the man in the know :), are you cool to just clarify what source(s) have been dropped and what has replaced them?
Thanks all
In the old pack there were the same (well, almost) console twice : TurboGrafx 16 and PC-Engine. Now Turbografx is replaced by SuperGrafx. It's a different console with very few exclusive games and compatible with pc-engine/turbografx.
Now, the pack has the 4 nec consoles like it should. If you don't get it, try to read some doc or ask AbdallaTerro if you prefer.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In the old pack there were the same (well, almost) console twice : TurboGrafx 16 and PC-Engine. Now Turbografx is replaced by SuperGrafx. It's a different console with very few exclusive games and compatible with pc-engine/turbografx.
Now, the pack has the 4 nec consoles like it should. If you don't get it, try to read some doc or ask AbdallaTerro if you prefer.

I get it. :) thank you for the clarification, and for confirming the SuperGraphx replaced the TurboGraphx. Apologies for my confusion, please let me explain. It's just that when I answered Massive's question "Which system does the SUPER GRAFX icon correspond to? NEC/turbo grafx 16?" with "I think it's the TurboGraphic-16" you said "No". You are the man with this stuff, so when you said "No" - I did not know what to make of it. So I asked Abz, he who wrote the default source_menu.ini. You obviously meant something different from how I then understood you - perhaps you misread my earlier post, or you were correcting another error?
You put it best when you said:
You're right, the names of these console is a messs...
Yep ;)
I do have one request from Abz - Does the SuperGraphx have the same magic number as something else - is it the turbographx-16? - I may have dreamt it or made the whole thing up!

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an idea, but how about having these "a.k.a. consoles" on the back of the Full Cover set?
A picture and/or graphic?
A layout of the console controller would be handy.
Pipe dream - It'd be cool to have a data sheet on the back too - cpu, gpu?, console generation, bit depth, form format, Dates of manufacture, a.k.a.s? etc.

This ties in with a wider issue of categories for the plugins in general - Wiimpathy has posted about importing title metadata that already exists into wiiflow, fledge68, FIX94 - this would make wiiflow (practically ;)) complete. And it'd be cool to categorise your homebrew into games and applications, tag multiplayer gameboy games to open with multi-gameboy emulator, order your consoles by processor speed, for example. But hey, sort is another issue :D

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What, like a link to the wikipedia page for each console?
EDIT:
Mr Terro, this is a great idea! I do have a reservation in that it's duplicate the source covers again, and fill up the bookmarks with this. How about a separate source, still opens opera, obviously, but points to the large covers for artwork and, has a seperate bookmarks folder and 'Console Info @ Wiki' source icon/cover.
Have to get around not having the .url extension in the full covers folder, if we leave the filetype field blank in the plugin.ini, might that work?
EDIT#2: Or duplicate the full covers, but as all the links are for wikipedia, instead of the url have the magic number(s) and emulators, maybe the standard paths and filetypes?

pipedream - hotlinks embedded in the close up view - instead of parental lock, for example. I thought cheats, FAQs, metascore and wiki

Would still be cool to just to read it off the back, until perhaps wiiflow can display the metadata.

Edit#3
Riffing:

We could, in fact, use the same artwork for multiple opera based plugins -
You have a console wiki plugin, as described.
An additional plugin only requires url files, soan faq plugin could usegamefaq, cheats could use whatever, etc..needs thought :)

Another thought
how about each url points to a seperate post in a wiiflow plugins thread here on the temp.
Each post contains a url tagged link to wikipedia, metacritic and game faq
Each post contains details of the file paths used for the plugin, the plugin ini and the source menu entry and description on how to set it up.
It's be cool to replicate the data i described for the data sheet on the back, a espescially the controller (and mapping!) but also photo of the console and some screengrabs too

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How would you get around not having the url extension in the cover name? Leaving it blank works?!? Would you just have the url for the corresponding wikpedia page or go for a post per system gbatemp thread? - or host it yourself?
I can't be arsed doing it all myself, how about splitting the work if we include copying a datasheet to the back of the cover along with pic of the controller? I'm going to be busy for a bit...

What would be ideal is moddifying the plugin so it accepts the title of a game as a search term, and accepts the query url (no what I mean?) from an icon within a title's close-up view.
for example, viewing a media title in close up view, there's an IMDB icon, clicking on it opens up imdb at the imdb query url with the name of the title you were viewing.
Viewing a snes game, there's an icon for a cheats site, opera opens the the cheats site's query url with the title of the snes game as the search term.
or a google image search with the suffix "screenshot", or a specific snes fansite. Wiimpathy, I hate to tag you twice in one day, but is this an attractive idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou