i open hombrew loader the top screen shows "the homebrew ropbin is ready"
the botton screen is yellow .
the system stop (crash) force to reboot

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind, people, there are other options than GM9's bootloader. BootCTR9 and CBM9 are very good independent chainloaders capable of running Rei-Six as the default payload. I'm a fan of GM9 as the installed firm myself, but let's not be handing out ultimatums. We get enough of those from the Luma team (like the most recent "thou shalt update to 11.6 or else" one).

With that said, since Safe B9S Installer won't install GM9 as a firm, I have made an SSR of my "Sighax Updater" script (soon to be formerly known as my "Switch Firm" script). Just drag and drop the contents to the card, and run it from Luma's start menu. It will update your firms with either the latest B9S or GM9 (it gives you a choice when you run it) and setup ReiNAND as the default CFW. The included "boot9strap" folder is just an example. Feel free to modify it. Especially take notice of the additional ".config" folders. Anything you place in them will be placed on the root at the end of the installation process. Also, any scripts placed in "scripts_common" will be added to the scripts folder regardless of which choice is made.

Since this is just an example, expect the configurations to be unusually basic. The B9S one just has a stripped-down BootCTR9 (using Select Mode) as boot.firm, with ReiNAND as default, Luma on A, Luma Legacy on Y, GM9 on left, and Sighax Updater on down. And the GM9 one has ReiNAND as boot.firm, with Luma, Luma Legacy, and Sighax Updater in the GM9 payloads menu. Consider this the lite version. The full version, with baked in keys, and support for my full dynamic configurations, will be in InScripted R9. It should be out either today or tomorrow. But for those who don't want to use my AIO, these configurations are enough to get you up and running ReiNAND as a default payload. Just make sure the "rei" folder is on your card already, and this will handle the rest. Also, the included GM9 is a modified SALTMODE build that uses R+X for the hotkey. If you would rather use the default, replace it (don't forget the .sha file, the updater checks it).

EDIT: Decided to go ahead and place it in the "luma/payloads" folder for you. Now you can just drag and drop, run it from the start menu, and choose which way you want to run ReiNAND (the B9S setup or the GM9 one).

Attachments

• Sighax Updater Lite.7z
    418.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by Kazuma77,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a difference ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok , i'll wait

Well, yes. ReiNAND has had firm partition protection for a while now. So, updating will not overwrite your firms with a retail NF. However, it still relies on external firmware files. So, if Nintendo updates NATIVE_FIRM, the "native_firmware.bin" file may need to be updated before the new FW version can be booted by Rei-Six. As history has shown, this depends on if Nintendo updates the minor version, and whether they make the other apps like the home menu require this as the new minimum version required in order to run. That is why rxTools remained usable for so long without updates (until 11.2 came out IIRC). The home menu remained bootable with 9.6 for all that time. But Nintendo probably won't make that mistake again.

Luma has been able to avoid this problem because it has the ability to extract the firmware files straight from the CTRNAND partition. But that also requires it to reload itself with it's reboot patches. Until recently, this required a "path.txt" file unless you were using Luma as the main payload (which I never have). I'm sure Crimson would love to add this feature, but it's complicated, and it was far more important to add these other patches first.

It's not really that hard to extract a new NF though. I could easily create a GM9 script that extracts the current NF (actually, I already have that part written for me, thanks to d0k3), copies it to the "rei" folder, and decrypts it, assuming that would work. I have to admit, I'm not really sure how the current "native_firmware.bin" is generated. Though I'm guessing they're just using "copy/b" or "cat" to concatenate them together, and that the CFW sorts them out via a byte pattern search for the header or something.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, yes. ReiNAND has had firm partition protection for a while now. So, updating will not overwrite your firms with a retail NF. However, it still relies on external firmware files. So, if Nintendo updates NATIVE_FIRM, the "native_firmware.bin" file may need to be updated before the new FW version can be booted by Rei-Six. As history has shown, this depends on if Nintendo updates the minor version, and whether they make the other apps like the home menu require this as the new minimum version required in order to run. That is why rxTools remained usable for so long without updates (until 11.2 came out IIRC). The home menu remained bootable with 9.6 for all that time. But Nintendo probably won't make that mistake again.

Luma has been able to avoid this problem because it has the ability to extract the firmware files straight from the CTRNAND partition. But that also requires it to reload itself with it's reboot patches. Until recently, this required a "path.txt" file unless you were using Luma as the main payload (which I never have). I'm sure Crimson would love to add this feature, but it's complicated, and it was far more important to add these other patches first.

It's not really that hard to extract a new NF though. I could easily create a GM9 script that extracts the current NF (actually, I already have that part written for me, thanks to d0k3), copies it to the "rei" folder, and decrypts it, assuming that would work. I have to admit, I'm not really sure how the current "native_firmware.bin" is generated. Though I'm guessing they're just using "copy/b" or "cat" to concatenate them together, and that the CFW sorts them out via a byte pattern search for the header or something.

The main problem is that both o3ds and n3ds NFs are unified in one native_firmware.bin, @CrimsonMaple should revert the code which introduced that in order to get it work, which is an pretty good idea if his releases includes the gm9 script which does the job.

Reactions: THYPLEX

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So...
At the moment i can't update the system with Rei6 , because rei6 doesn't support it
You can update to 11.6 and Rei-Six.
Rei-Six supports 11.4+. They just haven’t removed the firmware.bins, yet.

D

Deleted User

ooo
interesting thing
dev signed apps break the stock home menu but when I use test menu or my custom one it doesn't break
I think its breaking when it loads the banner

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. (Just saying, looking at the change log would have answered this question.) They were giving instructions to get gm9 as a bootloader + Rei-six which is my recommended setup.

Not at the moment. I use b9s' screeninit which uses the 3rd brightness setting (in terms of Luma Brightness.) I can look into adding GM9s screeninit though.
Rei-six + GM9 Bootloader + NTR > Luma

Reactions: Reisyukaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.