Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
doesn't load the home menu.

Specs:
N3DS 11.4(I am not sure if on 11.4 or 11.5)
Have placed both the rei folder and the boot.firm on the root of my SD card.

Not sure where to put the firmware.bin though
Make sure to fetch the firmware.bin from the github repo and put it into the "rei" folder.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, everything is working fine as it stands so there's no rush.
There is development going on, but for the most part it's just maintaining reinand to be usable on the latest firmware. Don't expect reinand to come out with some crazy new feature, it's going to remain a small, minimal, and clean cfw. It's mostly a one man show (shouts outs to @CrimsonMaple)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Crimson for another update!
Btw, where is the .firm binary? :creep:

I think this is for the older exploits, like running it through menuhax, MSET, etc. I've compiled the source (I didn't even know she had added TWL and AGB support) but I'm not sure it compiled right. There's no splash screen, and it boots straight into SysNAND. But it does boot to the home menu and shows the "Rei" in system settings. So, something must have gone right.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think this is for the older exploits, like running it through menuhax, MSET, etc. I've compiled the source (I didn't even know she had added TWL and AGB support) but I'm not sure it compiled right. There's no splash screen, and it boots straight into SysNAND. But it does boot to the home menu and shows the "Rei" in system settings. So, something must have gone right.
I would like to mention that Crimson is actually a guy :P
And he added GBA/DS support a few weeks ago, it's been in the testing phases and will be part of ReiNAND 6.0

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I made it auto boot sysnand, add a file called "loademunand" to the /rei path on the sd, with no extension to have it automatically boot emunand. This branch was meant to be for fixing issues with *hax entrypoints. Currently there is an issue with having both the screeninit flag from b9s, and my boot method. I fixed it on my local, but haven't pushed it. Along with a number of formatting issues.

Thanks Crimson for another update!
Btw, where is the .firm binary? :creep:
x3 No .firm this time. Like Kazuma said, its for *hax entrypoints.

I would like to mention that Crimson is actually a guy :P
And he added GBA/DS support a few weeks ago, it's been in the testing phases and will be part of ReiNAND 6.0
Yeah, I feel guilty about not working on it as much as I should. Can't really work on it outside of an hour at school a day...

Peter_JKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, I made it auto boot sysnand, add a file called "loademunand" to the /rei path on the sd, with no extension to have it automatically boot emunand. This branch was meant to be for fixing issues with *hax entrypoints. Currently there is an issue with having both the screeninit flag from b9s, and my boot method. I fixed it on my local, but haven't pushed it. Along with a number of formatting issues.

Yeah, I feel guilty about not working on it as much as I should. Can't really work on it outside of an hour at school a day...
Thank you for your efforts! Looking forward to ReiNand v6.0. Could ReiNand have different strings(ReiS?Rei_E?) such as Luma3DS(Sys&Emu)

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, I see. Well, I actually don't mind since my SysNAND is updated. I just wasn't expecting it. Good idea. Makes it easy to configure depending on your personal preference.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your efforts! Looking forward to ReiNand v6.0. Could ReiNand have different strings(ReiS?Rei_E?) such as Luma3DS(Sys&Emu)
I could do that, i'll try and make it an option, as well as make a way to remove the string entirely.

Ah, I see. Well, I actually don't mind since my SysNAND is updated. I just wasn't expecting it. Good idea. Makes it easy to configure depending on your personal preference.
That's why I did it! Well that, and I didn't want to add a menu. A menu goes against the minimalistic values.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CrimsonMaple*
I use "we" in the context of a team. Although CrimsonMaple is the main programmer behind this project, they still gets outside help when in a jam. As well still uses my services for testing new features, bug testing, and of course old3DS hardware testing. Although I am not a programmer myself, several issues would be a lot more difficult to tackle without a proper tester.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use "we" in the context of a team. Although CrimsonMaple is the main programmer behind this project, they still gets outside help when in a jam. As well still uses my services for testing new features, bug testing, and of course old3DS hardware testing. Although I am not a programmer myself, several issues would be a lot more difficult to tackle without a proper tester.
Yeah that's true when I wrote NTRDBI I had to test myself, and without proper testing no application will ever get completed. Glad to see ReiNAND getting improved more and more.

D

Deleted User

ooo
rei6.0 is coming out soon?
-w-h-y-i-s-i-t-n-o-t-5-.-1-?-
the things you miss when you dont log into gbatemp for a few days...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol