Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get on it ASAP. Might take a while. Or I'll have to deal with a couple of sleep deprived days. I'll try and bundle it with agb and twl.

To my knowledge there are no games that require the latest firmware. And if it is required to go online, the could always use Luma in the meantime. Take your time, no need for sleep deprivation. Your work will be appreciated regardless or how quick you can make the changes.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks to be the Reboot Hooks. I'm gonna update them to the ones used in Luma3DS. This should allow us to boot 11.3 nfirm.
You still need to make sure you aren't running on 10.2. This update requires the NATIVE_FIRM to be on 11.3.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
You still need to make sure you aren't running on 10.2. This update requires the NATIVE_FIRM to be on 11.3.
Yeah, I know. I've been saying everywhere that the Homemenu requires nFirm 11.3 now. So I know. The Reboot Hook is what I needed to update to get 11.x support anyways. How we didn't notice this? I have no clue.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, I know. I've been saying everywhere that the Homemenu requires nFirm 11.3 now. So I know. The Reboot Hook is what I needed to update to get 11.x support anyways. How we didn't notice this? I have no clue.
Gremlins, that's why

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
couldnt we start doing firm loading from nand crimson ? it would be more stable
Kind of like how Luma3DS does it? Interestingly enough that's not a bad idea. Luma's method basically allows it to always patch the NATIVE_FIRM. Basically this scramble isn't an issue with Luma3DS...please don't use this post to start a flamewar. This isn't is bragging about Luma nor putting down ReiNAND, just pointing out facts.

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
Kind of like how Luma3DS does it? Interestingly enough that's not a bad idea. Luma's method basically allows it to always patch the NATIVE_FIRM. Basically this scramble isn't an issue with Luma3DS...please don't use this post to start a flamewar. This isn't is bragging about Luma nor putting down ReiNAND, just pointing out facts.
i might start working on it with Rei+ this weekend

Reactions: The Catboy

Thorn16

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So now that I'm brick updating on Reinand yesterday, is there a way to launch with Luma temporary to access my emunand and do some backup of my save and removing some game with FBI. My sd is full, can't even put a backup to reflash my old Emu..

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So now that I'm brick updating on Reinand yesterday, is there a way to launch with Luma temporary to access my emunand and do some backup of my save and removing some game with FBI. My sd is full, can't even put a backup to reflash my old Emu..
I don't think you quite understand how CFWs work. CFWs don't effect your NAND, you can launch luma3DS the same way you launch reiNAND and access the same emuNAND without hassle. Just install Luma3DS and you are good.
Also this update shouldn't have bricked your system, they simply broke the reboot patches. The devs are aware of this issue and currently fixing it.

Thorn16

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you quite understand how CFWs work. CFWs don't effect your NAND, you can launch luma3DS the same way you launch reiNAND and access the same emuNAND without hassle. Just install Luma3DS and you are good.
Also this update shouldn't have bricked your system, they simply broke the reboot patches. The devs are aware of this issue and currently fixing it.

I mean my Emunand is brick, as in black screen after the boot, not my system :P But yeah, I wasn't sure if launching Luma would boot the same Emunand. All I want is acces Save manager and FBI to backup my Omega Ruby saves and delete some title for a room to flash a old backup of my Emu so I can play while they fix this.
Thanks

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
except they did...? the new kernel version is 2.53-0 and the NS module was updated to require that. if you really want me to try I can do the hardmod dg on a stock 11.3 system and see if it still boots.
Wait one darn whole minute. I think I did wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you delete the cached version of native firm as well?
Nope that appears to be what was actually working. It appears I was right the first time .-. Why couldn't I have been wrong with my first statement?
So it appears they do indeed have a NATIVE_FIRM requirement and I was right about that. And I was wrong about it still working. Once I deleted the native.dec, it stopped working. Damn it! I wanted so hard to be wrong about the NATIVE_FIRM requirement.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: daxtsu

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Crystal the Glaceon said:
Actually, you did several things wrong. First, you posted something concerning corbenik in the reinand thread. Second, you simply assumed it was right, without any proper testing or RTFM'ing (read the 11.3 page on 3dbrew). Third, you reposted it in the Cakes thread without a second thought.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a jerk.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome