DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
where did i mistype? i see no zeros.. lol. it compiles for me.. unless im misunderstanding the question.
Ow, damned, my mistake!

If you look at my previous post i typed [make cons=03ds] instead of [make cons=o3ds]
so when using [make cons=03ds] it seems it searches for a firmware_03ds instead of firmware_o3ds (as you can see in the screenshot in my previous post)

Lolz!

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so from what i've heard, i should be able to use system settings to update the emunand to 10.7. but my question is, if on the off chance, there is an error, will i lose all the games saves on emunand? is there a way to make a backup of the entire sd (including the hidden partition for emunand specifically) so i can reverse the error if one occurs?

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so from what i've heard, i should be able to use system settings to update the emunand to 10.7. but my question is, if on the off chance, there is an error, will i lose all the games saves on emunand? is there a way to make a backup of the entire sd (including the hidden partition for emunand specifically) so i can reverse the error if one occurs?

https://www.google.com

I'm feeling nice - use Decrypt9WIP to backup your emunand and copy your Nintendo 3DS folder to ur computer

slvdb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, does reinand 4.0 block nintendo updates? i had error updating emunand on o3ds (but nevertheless it shows rei 10.7 now), but now have same errors updating games; no issues on n3ds

thanks all

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Reisyukaku I can't seem to get to gateway menu via sysnand (9.0) unless I use firm9 and aureinand. When I use Reinand I can boot sysnand but I get a black screen when I try to load the gateway menu from my HB browser. Is there any way to get to gateway menu from sysnand without having to switch to aureinand/firm9? If not would it be possible to add some kind of option (if firm9 file is found then it can be used etc)?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku I can't seem to get to gateway menu via sysnand (9.0) unless I use firm9 and aureinand. When I use Reinand I can boot sysnand but I get a black screen when I try to load the gateway menu from my HB browser. Is there any way to get to gateway menu from sysnand without having to switch to aureinand/firm9? If not would it be possible to add some kind of option (if firm9 file is found then it can be used etc)?

I know this won't be a popular response, but it is not a feature Rei will likely add because ReiNand is emuNAND focused and designed to be minimal. Hopefully GW will not make us wait much longer (although it has already been a month) and you can direct boot if you are a A9LH user. In the meantime you could always launch into the Homebrew launcher and install menuhax to launch it if you are not a A9LH user.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this won't be a popular response, but it is not a feature Rei will likely add because ReiNand is emuNAND focused and designed to be minimal. Hopefully GW will not make us wait much longer (although it has already been a month) and you can direct boot if you are a A9LH user. In the meantime you could always launch into the Homebrew launcher and install menuhax to launch it if you are not a A9LH user.
Does that workaround the issue? I'm no expert but if it meant I didn't have to switch to aureinand when I needed gateway tools (backup game) or my .3ds backups then that would be sweet... I thought that maybe the issue with black screen when I tried to launch gateway menu from reinand sysnand was due to the firm9 option? I wish I could use reinand and still access my .3ds... @stl25 If I boot sysnand via reinand/menuhax does this allow reinand users to get into the gateway menu? If so then that would be absolutely awesome. Just want to be able to use reinand and gateway without needing to switch CFW... Reinand is my fave by far too (it's superb).

Last edited by kineticUk,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to access Homebrew Launcher to install menuhax first. I have attached the files that should help you. boot.3dsx is smea's hombrew laucher and goes in mSD/SD root. Using a cia manager install yellows8 HBL cia. Copy the menuhax folder into 3ds folder on your mSD/SD root. Launch HBL cia with internet enabled (menuhax needs to download payload) and setup menuhax. After you install menuhax and configure, rename GW.3dsx to boot.3dsx and overwrite the boot.3dsx on mSD/SD root. Then hold the button you configure to lauch menuhax when powering on and it should load into the Gateway Menu. Hit me up if you need any further assistance. Good Luck.

Edit: Don't forget to have GW laucher.dat on root of mSD/SD. I just completed the setup and it was not working because I forgot the launcher.dat. Once I place the laucher.dat on mSD/SD root, menuhax loaded directly to GW menu.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: kineticUk

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@stl25 I've just re-read/noticed the small print (final line)... so switching to aureinand and loading sysnand (9.0 using firm9) is the only way currently (a9lh)? I kinda f***ed up, I used menuhax, reinand and gateway etc before a9lh. I've made things difficult for myself, need to learn to curb my "got to be on the latest update" bug and learn to appreciate what I've got more☺️. I hope that there is some kind of setup I can switch to once gateway is a9lh compatible (boot manager which would let me select reinand or gateway a9lh etc). Thanks a lot for your help though, really appreciate it

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stl25 I've just re-read/noticed the small print (final line)... so switching to aureinand and loading sysnand (9.0 using firm9) is the only way currently (a9lh)? I kinda f***ed up, I used menuhax, reinand and gateway etc before a9lh. I've made things difficult for myself, need to learn to curb my "got to be on the latest update" bug and learn to appreciate what I've got more☺️. I hope that there is some kind of setup I can switch to once gateway is a9lh compatible (boot manager which would let me select reinand or gateway a9lh etc). Thanks a lot for your help though, really appreciate it

Yeah using AuReiNand/Luma3DS and configuring menuhax with L to load trigger menuhax will also enable 9.0 mode in Luma3DS. For me it worked like this. However, using ReiNand 4.0 I was unable to load menuhax holding L. So your assessment seems correct.

Reactions: kineticUk

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I felt that there was too much code bloat in ReiNands builds recently so i have optimized his code via some removals of fatfs etc as you can see it made a major difference in the overall size , especially in arm9loaderhax.bin

Left My Pushed code changes________________________________________________________________________Right Rei's Current Codebase

5bffaddc9a94e9f2eb2fbc158db85a29.png

Here is the pull request https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/pulls and here is my git https://github.com/izzy420/ReiNand

Test for yourself here are the files https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2BtAALLEMk9aERSbGR4a25iR1k

Edit: Seems my pull request got denied because it its inflexible for him to write files for debugging with it.

All it means is he thought it was smarter to not use the code than to actually use a Debug flag and a Compilation Flag as two separate things

Last edited by izy,

A_Bricked_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I felt that there was too much code bloat in ReiNands builds recently so i have optimized his code via some removals of fatfs etc as you can see it made a major difference in the overall size , especially in arm9loaderhax.bin

Left My Pushed code changes________________________________________________________________________Right Rei's Current Codebase

Here is the pull request https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/pulls and here is my git https://github.com/izzy420/ReiNand

Test for yourself here are the files https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2BtAALLEMk9aERSbGR4a25iR1k

Nice work, can you do it with a relevant CFW? Like Luma3DS?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice work, can you do it with a relevant CFW? Like Luma3DS?

I spoke with Aurora before and let her test it on her build before pushing mine. She got A9LH.bin down to 43KB from 48kb because she has payloads and Chainloaders in her builds etc. Still 10% file size drop is good.

Rei's code has none of that stuff so it has a heavier impact on it's size.

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: A_Bricked_Guy

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a stupid question - is ReiNand region-free already? I upgraded to 4.0 some time ago when it released, but I just noticed that I can now launch my MHX Japanese cartridge using Rei without needing to launch NTR first...

PS. I read from the release notes that Rei now supports region free "CIAs", just not sure if it applies to carts as well.

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

5bffaddc9a94e9f2eb2fbc158db85a29.png

Edit: Seems my pull request got denied because it its inflexible for him to write files for debugging with it.

All it means is he thought it was smarter to not use the code than to actually use a Debug flag and a Compilation Flag as two separate things

Just wondering, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if all of our SD cards are formatted to 64kb cluster sizes anyway, wouldn't a difference of this size be of absolutely no consequence whatsoever?

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if all of our SD cards are formatted to 64kb cluster sizes anyway, wouldn't a difference of this size be of absolutely no consequence whatsoever?
It would not make any difference for amount of space used on the SD card. But then, if that's what you were worried about, you wouldn't have used 64kb cluster sizes anyways.

Instead, the smaller code size can help ensure that the code in question can load and be put "out of the way", where it won't impact the system. The smaller it is, the easier that task.

As Rei noted, there's always a tradeoff. Here, removal of the FAT write capability prevents logging to SD card. Very useful if you can't see the screen or control the LEDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.