PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
They win an award for the same old controller except they took out rumble? (oh and put in some silly tilt function
tongue.gif
- Which Microsoft did years and years ago). That's bloody stupid!

I think it's funny, when Sony does get some good press people will still slog into them thinking they don't deserve it. Ahh Sony, an arsehole of a company but they do it well
smile.gif

ngc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol "The actual event takes place later tonight in Las Vegas, California" i didnt know Las Vegas was a city in Cali lol

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Here's my take on it : Right now, the wireless controller thingy everyone loves/talks about/hates is the Wiimote. I mean, it doesn't *need* publicity.

The sixaxis and the PS3 *do* need it. First of all, no one's interested in them, and second, if the unwashed masses don't know they tilt sensor is a meager rip-off of the nunchuck, all the better for sony... To try and make it look like "it's more expensive because it's so much better". So of course sony is going to "sponsor" an event that rewards their "innovation". Makes sense.

I wonder, though, if an emmy award is enough to sell it, or to steal Nintendo's thunder. I very much doubt it.

I find it kinda sad, to be honest. Like a wounded, dying animal.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA. They bought themselves an EMMY to try and increase publicity?

I have some sand they might be interested in.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow another Sony Media corp dig into the media to get their ailing supercomputer of an overpriced console a freebie award to try and get a few more people to care. That's beyond sad.

I mean really that ranks up there with that shitbag Spike TV Game award show where each year the winner is the one who pays the most cash for ad time between their shows. That thing needs to be banned and ridiculed by the industry, not supported, same with this paid advertisement of an award.

jokeyrhyme

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony deserve the accolade. The Playstation 3 is the best console ever made.

[Bursts out laughing.]

Well, I'm not sure how those Emmy guys did it, but I couldn't keep a straight face.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
there is no F#&#&# WAY sony sould be getting any awards for the dual shock!
they have been using the same mould since 1995!!
now im am glad to hear nintendo won for the dpad. hopefully they are talking about the gbmicro/dslite/wii dpad, the most perfect dpad EVER

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always thought the dual shock controller was a piece of crap, the rumble now just clicks on everyone I know who has a PS. The controller itself always gave me cramp too, hated that horrible thing, though nowhere near as bad as the CD32 controller.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there is no F#&#&# WAY sony sould be getting any awards for the dual shock!
they have been using the same mould since 1995!!
now im am glad to hear nintendo won for the dpad. hopefully they are talking about the gbmicro/dslite/wii dpad, the most perfect dpad EVER
They got it for the 1995 version and Nintendo probably got it for the original Game & Watch d-pad, if those Emmy guys even know about that...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp