osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently it's either the game+dlc refund, or no refund at all? DLC I downloaded doesn't work (goat simulator), and they're aware of the problem and "working on a fix". But apparently they refuse to refund my broken, unused dlc because I've gotten too far in the main game. They also refuse to refund my game at all for the same reason.

What kind of crock is this? what kind of recourse do I have if they refuse to refund a faulty product? Would a charge-back of just the DLC chargers make them block my account or something bad?

Last edited by osaka35,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty motivated at this point to just hook my computer up to my TV, sync a PS4 controller with it, and play all the PC versions of the PS4 games I own instead :P
Umm well this seem like a problem, if they said that is acknowledge to be a problem and a fix is in process, why not just wait? When the fix is possible, there is no point of refund. :mellow:

I get the fact is not working and that you paid for a busted thing but is being solved. Maybe wait a few days and then ask them again if a update is coming soon. Then again, you picked goat simulator of all games to play :P

Joking aside, have you found others with this issue?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Umm well this seem like a problem, if they said that is acknowledge to be a problem and a fix is in process, why not just wait? When the fix is possible, there is no point of refund. :mellow:

I get the fact is not working and that you paid for a busted thing but is being solved. Maybe wait a few days and then ask them again if a update is coming soon. Then again, you picked goat simulator of all games to play :P

Eh it's messed up to buy something just to wait for it to be fixed. I'd definitely want my money back to use elsewhere on something that works and when they get it fixed then I will buy again.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you attempt to purchase something off PSN, there is a notice telling you that if you proceed, no refunds will be possible.
you READ those things? :O

lol nah, but i know in the states at least, a signature doesn't trump the law. so if a contract says "you can't do this" but the law has an explicit "an individual has this right", then that line of the contract is unenforceable. that's why a contract is never as solid as it appears when a good laywer is around.

course sony has far better lawyers, so it's a moot point. :P honestly, i just read other folks from the playstation forum getting refunded for just the dlc of this game, so was suprised when they said that wasn't possible for me. it did seemimportant the amount of trophies i had unlocked in the main game though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my girlfriend's kidloves this game so much it's scary. and it's a "everyone currently has this problem, but we're gonna keep selling the dlc because it'll prooooooobably get fixed at some point" kind of situation. this according to the playstation forums and not a terrible amount of google searches. ps4 only problem.

the dlc goes on sale every now and then, and if it was going to take a month to fix, i could wait for a sale or get the dlc for the pc so my girlfriend's kid could play all the dlc i promised him. i dunno, sony always seems to be on the shady side of proper.

Last edited by osaka35,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my girlfriend's kidloves this game so much it's scary. and it's a "everyone currently has this problem, but we're gonna keep selling the dlc because it'll prooooooobably get fixed at some point" kind of situation. this according to the playstation forums and not a terrible amount of google searches. ps4 only problem.

the dlc goes on sale every now and then, and if it was going to take a month to fix, i could wait for a sale or get the dlc for the pc so my girlfriend's kid could play all the dlc i promised him. i dunno, sony always seems to be on the shady side of proper.
Umm okay, not that i would know people who play the game, but if is being bought SOMEONE must be, anyway i mean if is problematic, i suppose it would have made sense to either take the content off the store until is fixed or least put up a warning so people know is not currently possible to use. Sorry about the situation. That why i hardly buy games or content without discounts. Unlike most people, i'm not lucky enough to put out over 1000$ for high grade PC beef enough to play all steam games, I wish i could, i have been buying bunch of games on steam and humble bundle on sale for while thinking. "I may not be able to now, but sooner or later i'll get a good PC to play these games on." Most of the games i been getting were PC exclusive and some require beef specs and some can run on piss poor intergrated graphic which isn't but but no one uses that anymore cause is not enough for games like the nvidia CHIPS. :glare:

osaka35

Instructional Designer
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm okay, not that i would know people who play the game, but if is being bought SOMEONE must be, anyway i mean if is problematic, i suppose it would have made sense to either take the content off the store until is fixed or least put up a warning so people know is not currently possible to use. Sorry about the situation. That why i hardly buy games or content without discounts. Unlike most people, i'm not lucky enough to put out over 1000$ for high grade PC beef enough to play all steam games, I wish i could, i have been buying bunch of games on steam and humble bundle on sale for while thinking. "I may not be able to now, but sooner or later i'll get a good PC to play these games on." Most of the games i been getting were PC exclusive and some require beef specs and some can run on piss poor intergrated graphic which isn't but but no one uses that anymore cause is not enough for games like the nvidia CHIPS. :glare:
i'm right with ya. my pc is about 5-6 years old, but it can run most games on lower settings (thus a ps4 preference). goat simulator isn't terribly demanding though :3.

AMD is releasing some new stuff next year, video card and processor+platform so i'd take a look at those for a cheaper new computer that'll let you play current stuff. that's my plan :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm right with ya. my pc is about 5-6 years old, but it can run most games on lower settings (thus a ps4 preference). goat simulator isn't terribly demanding though :3.

AMD is releasing some new stuff next year, video card and processor+platform so i'd take a look at those for a cheaper new computer that'll let you play current stuff. that's my plan :)
Nvidia has been proven to be the top dog in graphics cards, and the price is probably worth it, but they are too expensive to buy pc with them inside and no cheaper, reliable alternative has been found yet, although most steam games says radeon works and some other graphics chips, i never heard of those brands which makes me less to trust it.

I just want a pc that doesn't cost more than one grand and can play games on and work for years. :(

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you contact the devs instead?
Nvidia has been proven to be the top dog in graphics cards, and the price is probably worth it, but they are too expensive to buy pc with them inside and no cheaper, reliable alternative has been found yet, although most steam games says radeon works and some other graphics chips, i never heard of those brands which makes me less to trust it.

I just want a pc that doesn't cost more than one grand and can play games on and work for years. :(
There is only 3 companies making stuff anymore in the gpu market, Nvidia (dedicated), AMD (dedicated + integrated), and Intel (integrated)

The games will work on all GPU's, though how performance is on each is another issue all together...

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Sony is pretty dumb. I had someone purchase something on my account without me ever knowing and found out about a month later. Contacted Live Chat and they told me because 14 or 30 days have passed that no matter what they will not refund the purchase. How classy lmao.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0