T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Sony Corp. (6758), the world’s second- largest video-game console maker, said it sold out the new PlayStation Vita portable player in pre-ordering in Japan.

“There were lines to make reservations for the machine at retailers,” Andrew House, chief executive officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, told reporters in Tokyo today. He declined to provide the number of orders.

Source:
http://www.bloomberg...e-ordering.html

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VIta did not sell out, you can easily buy them even on the day of the release.

out of 550,000 made on the first week, ony 330,000, about 60% which is not considered good but not a flop either.

3G version are over stocked because no one wants them.

I'm persoally happy with my Vita

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3G not selling in Japan? Wow. Considering that in Japan WiFi hotspots are limited. :O

My order will be coming soon anyway.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony Corp. (6758), the world’s second- largest video-game console maker, said it sold out the new PlayStation Vita portable player in pre-ordering in Japan.
“There were lines to make reservations for the machine at retailers,” Andrew House, chief executive officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, told reporters in Tokyo today. He declined to provide the number of orders.

a common thing when it comes to sony. r they really that ashamed of how bad they've done this generation? maybe they should stop playing the power game and actually release something innovative. oh, wait, they'd require actual thought--something foreign to sony.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

a common thing when it comes to sony. r they really that ashamed of how bad they've done this generation? maybe they should stop playing the power game and actually release something innovative. oh, wait, they'd require actual thought--something foreign to sony.

Enterbrain states that 321,407 PlayStation Vitas were sold on December 17th and 18th. (...) Nintendo 3DS' first two days on the Japanese market in February, (...) sold 371,326 units to consumers.

Which means that sales are relatively similar, so they're not doing bad at all. Now stop fanboying around, stuff like this gives me headaches.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main difference is that the ps vita has a much better launch lineup, and it's during a much more profitable period yet it still fails. sony should just give up, but we all know their arrogance won't allow that. if any company will be the death of gaming, I can assure u it will be sony waving the flag.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the main difference is that the ps vita has a much better launch lineup, and it's during a much more profitable period yet it still fails. sony should just give up, but we all know their arrogance won't allow that. if any company will be the death of gaming, I can assure u it will be sony waving the flag.
Sony just got unlucky with the software they had to compete with in the Japanese market. They had to compete with Final Fantasy XIII-2, Inazuma Eleven, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and to make matters a whole lot worse a Monster Hunter title that wasn't on a Sony console. Next holiday season will be even worse for them since by that time the Wii U will be out. Sony better hope they can bring out a ton of solid titles next year to keep it close.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

You're a really bad Sony troll. We get it, you don't like Sony, but you're unflagging hatred reveals how little you understand of market forces and the gaming industry if you believe Sony meets all the black marks you've assigned them.

Reactions: 1 person

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except that final fantasy xiii-2 is an utter failure in Japan. it barely broke 500,000 units sold. that is worse than every final fantasy since final fantasy III. even final fantasy x-2 broke one million in its first week. seriously making excuses for its failure is pathetic. having been in Japan, I can tell u that a lot of Japanese gamers don't like sony primarily because they've gone from innovative and inexpensive to uncreative and expensive. sony is a true embarrassment and should be put out of our misery. nothing would please me more than to see sony bankrupt. it would serve as a warning to other companies if they dare follow the footsteps of failure...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
So XIII-2 failed because Square-Enix employed Sony dev's? Wow...i've heard of conspiracy theories but that takes the crown.

You don't like Sony and you don't understand the game industry. It's hard not to see some sort of link.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
godreborn, stfu please?

Anyway
Media Create shared its full top 50 for the week of the Vita's launch, allowing us to see where more Vita games placed. Here's where all the Vita games that made it into the top 50 ranked for the week:
  • 07. Hot Shots Golf 6: 61,412
  • 08. Uncharted Golden Abyss: 48,224
  • 18. Dynasty Warriors Next: 29,181
  • 19. Lord of Apocalypse: 28,742
  • 22. Disgaea 3 Return
  • 28. Ridge Racer
  • 30. Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru
  • 43. Dream Club Zero Portable
  • 44. Katamari Damacy Novita
  • 50. Shinobido 2
While Media Create does not share actual figures below the 20 mark, as an upper marker, you can use number 20's 28,406 units. As a lower marker, Media Create said that the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which placed 48, sold 10,000 units.
http://andriasang.com/comzh2/vita_attach_rate/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I think some other company has somewhat more effective Brain Washing or Mind Control.

Media Create seems to indicate the Vita didn't sell out due to the higher price point.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/media-create-we-would-have-liked-vita-to-have-sold-more/089037

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People like you are called 任豚 in Japan...so yeah, not eveyrone hates Sony in Japan, not the majoirty, it's all a matter of personal opinion

also FFXIII-2 didn't do horrible nor it's a flop either. It didn't meet its sales "goal" but they made enough to profit.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Next one to derail the thread gets a suspension.

You hate Sony? Fine, you're entitled to open a blog called "I HAET SONY" and vent your rage into that, but not into this thread.

Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
People need to grow up a bit in here...

Anyways, I'm glad that the PS Vitas are selling well. Personally, I'm waiting to see how the PSV's first whole month goes. I'm still on the fence about the purchase (albeit, my shadow is on the purchasing side rather than not) but depending on what games are announced/released, PSX support, hacking breakthroughs, and updates to fix various issues such as the freezes will influence whether or not I'll get one near launch. I'm very excited about this product and can't wait to see it fully blossom. I really hope that Sony can take the throne from Nintendo because when there is tough competition, the consumers always win.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vita didn't sell "well" in terms of over all. only about 60% of launch stocks were sold, which is not actually a good number. HOWEVER, fun fact. 3G ones are over-stocked while the Wifi ones were sold out at most metropolitan cities in Japan. The 3G used one sells about the same price as a used wifi one, with the simcard included.

Long story short, no one cares about 3G....it could be due to the shitty Data Plan, but it could also be the fact that the 3G is targeted at the wrong consumers, majority of the gamers don't care to play over data-network when they are on the go (keep in mind, Japan market is not the same as Western)

Basically, Vita isn't a success but it isn't a flop either, at least by first week data. Currently, it's reputation is about the same as what 3DS was when it first came out, however, 3DS is getting more attention at the moment, especially due to Monster Hunter "4"

As for me, I am happy with my Vita and would recommend it. So far I have Army Corpse of Hell, Shinobido 2, Uncharted, Katamari, Ridge Racer. I'm a Ridge Racer fan and especially Sampling Masters (Mega and Aya mainly) fan so I am happy with Ridge Racer as is (2980yen + 1000yen dlc when it's ready). Shinobido 2 is more like a ps2 game but it is fun if you like Tenchu or part 1 of Shinobido, Army Corpse of Hell...it's like Pikmin that's more centered towards action, Uncharted is Uncharted. Katamari...I didn't like as much as I thought I would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.