Gaming Sony might not survive by the end of this console gen

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sony has already sold Vaio, and if they're still in a troublesome situation, they'll get rid of other Sony ramifications that are making money loss,
like the Bravia televisions or the Xperia cellphones.
Playstation brand is very successful and PS4 is a goldmine nowadays, selling more than any console in the same lifetime.
Sony is not going down, at least not in the next ten years, and Playstation will be a Sony brand as long as Sony is still alive.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They need to get shut of their TV market, Bravia's just don't shift like Samsung or LG branded ones do, that's the bad market....
Experia phones, well the Z2 is a bit of disappointment - I thought they'd have really gone for the jugular this time round but the result is STILL sub par next to a HTC One M8 and won't dent Galaxy S5 sales in the slightest. Take a risk by pulling out all the stops with the Z3 or GTFO in my opinion.

But aye the OP is ridiculous! :lol: Don't even need to mention the PlayStation brand, last time I looked Sony pictures was going quite nicely, and there's plenty more they do [closer to home] that you possibly don't know about (Wikipedia if you're interested - EDIT: Oooh, ninja'd!) to boot. Worst we're gonna see is a trimming down of the company over the coming years - sure nothings unbreakable, and they might go bankrupt, but I'd put a tenner on us all dying of old age before they get to that point ;)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their Vizio Tv sell nicely from walmart, iirc. Sony's cheap brand.

I dont know the Vita might not be doing so well, but neither did the psp for a while. But the PS4 is smashing faces

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The PSVita will "do better" the moment it drops in price, or so I hope. Most of Sony's systems pick up speed like an avalanche when they become affordable, the PS4 is a notable exception since it started off affordable to begin with and the PS2 because the level of hype for that system was unreal and it steamrolled everything in its path, mostly due to the exceptional performance of its predecessor. Neither the PSP nor the PS3 performed well until they dropped in price, I don't think the PSVita will be much different and I think Sony's learned from their past mistakes, hence the relatively low price point of the PS4.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PSVita will "do better" the moment it drops in price, or so I hope. Most of Sony's systems pick up speed like an avalanche when they become affordable, the PS4 is a notable exception since it started off affordable to begin with and the PS2 because the level of hype for that system was unreal and it steamrolled everything in its path, mostly due to the exceptional performance of its predecessor. Neither the PSP nor the PS3 performed well until they dropped in price, I don't think the PSVita will be much different and I think Sony's learned from their past mistakes, hence the relatively low price point of the PS4.

What about PS1?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about PS1?
The PS1 was a very well-rounded system with an "acceptable" price point, much like the PS4. It wasn't as powerful as the N64 or as complex as the Saturn, but it was very simple for developers and packed a punch for the buck - that was its strength. It offered relevant results at a competitive price point and used a future-proof medium, plus it packed multimedia functionality aka a CD player - it had all the makings of a great system and it was just that. The PS1 was easily Sony's springboard into success, even though it was originally planned as just an expansion for the SNES.

EDIT: Errata - it was cheaper than the Saturn, but not than the N64. My bad. ;)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PS1 was a very well-rounded system with an "acceptable" price point, much like the PS4. It wasn't as powerful as the N64 or as complex as the Saturn, but it was very simple for developers and packed a punch for the buck - that was its strength. It offered relevant and competitive results at a lower price point and used a future-proof medium, plus it packed multimedia functionality aka a CD player - it had all the makings of a great system and it was just that. The PS1 was easily Sony's springboard into success, even though it was originally planned as just an expansion for the SNES.

Sorry, I didn't expressed myself properly, my question is:
What about PS1 early sales? did it do well from the start, like PS4 and PS2? or did it take a slow start like PS3 and PSP?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry, I didn't expressed myself properly, my question is:
What about PS1 early sales? did it do well from the start, like PS4 and PS2? or did it take a slow start like PS3 and PSP?
I'm pretty sure it enjoyed a successful launch - it was heavily advertised, had a good launch line-up, an acceptable price point, great capabilities and a good head start against the N64.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: