WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well it seems like my PSN account is banned. Probably because I signed up to PSN on my CFWed PS3 a month ago or so to buy some Tales of Xillia DLC, with protection measures and all enabled. I never pirated on the PS3. The reason why I CFWed it in the first place is for the Tales of Vesperia english translation. In retrospect I probably should have pirated the DLC instead. Oh irony.

Now the question: How would you measure the chance of having Sony unbanning my account if I write them pretty please? Does something like that ever happened before?

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have been on PS3 CFW for over 4 years with no online at all. I knew they would banned people like that.

No, they will never unbanning your account. Your account remain banned forever. Unless you have a new ip address or a new account. Doubt that it will help either but 100 percent that your account remain banned from Sony. Never unbanning your account at all. :(

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hm.. PSN is down at the moment. Could that have been a server glitch? Before the server went down I tried to log in via my PC and it sent me a verification code because 2-step verification was enabled. Do they still send verification codes when your account is banned?

Reactions: THYPLEX

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm.. PSN is down at the moment. Could that have been a server glitch? Before the server went down I tried to log in via my PC and it sent me a verification code because 2-step verification was enabled. Do they still send verification codes when your account is banned?

I was under the impression that Sony locked out all access to the account when banned. CFW banning is why I never use my real PSN account on my CFW PS3. I created a new PSN ID for when I needed to download FUNimationNow from PSN on my CFW PS3 since nobody had a link to grab the pkg at the time. I have not tried logging into that account since then but it would not surprise me if it was banned already.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, when the game was relatively new, I logged hundreds of hours of pirated Battlefield 4 online without any protection at all, and still haven't been banned. Yet there are people who merely sign up for PSN and get hit. I wonder what exactly triggers it.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with all protection measures the PSN store is always a risky place to visit, games not so much unless it's Destiny or games like it. Do you have a "GAMES" folder or something similar in your files? I heard it looks for files like that. Sorry to hear though.

Last edited by Zero72463,

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have a "GAMES" folder or something similar in your files? I heard it looks for files like that.
No idea. I once installed the Tales of Vesperia english patch using multiman. Maybe I created it then?

you made a new PSN account for PS3 or you logged using your main (PS4?) account ?
sorry to hear you lost access and all your content if it's your main one :(

I used my main PS4 account on my PS3. I didn‘t expect them to catch me because it‘s not the first time I logged in to PSN on my PS3 and bought DLC. I guess my luck run out :sad:

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea. I once installed the Tales of Vesperia english patch using multiman. Maybe I created it then?

I used my main PS4 account on my PS3. I didn‘t expect them to catch me because it‘s not the first time I logged in to PSN on my PS3 and bought DLC. I guess my luck run out :sad:

I think files like "PS3ISO" etc are created when using multiman or other backup managers. If you ever used any game on multiman good chance there was a "GAMES" file created. I guess you could call them and be like "If I have a hacked PS3 then why did I buy stuff from the store?", probably won't work though.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I guess you could call them and be like "If I have a hacked PS3 then why did I buy stuff from the store?", probably won't work though.
I actually threatened them with a lawsuit. Too bad they didn‘t fall for it. They basically ignored anything I said and basically replied only with “Unbanning your account is not possible.“ Well whatever. Their loss.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, that sucks. Sony should've just banned the console and not the account. Can't you file a dispute on it? Tell them you just bought a DLC or game or whatever and your account was banned. Just tell them you used your friends PS3 if ever they will mention you were using a hacked console. Hopefully, you can recover your account.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, that sucks. Sony should've just banned the console and not the account. Can't you file a dispute on it? Tell them you just bought a DLC or game or whatever and your account was banned. Just tell them you used your friends PS3 if ever they will mention you were using a hacked console. Hopefully, you can recover your account.
Nah it won't work. They are not even interested in any background information. When their monitoring system detects use of hacks, they will ban the account permanently, no exceptions. Their websites states the only time they will unban an account is if a chargeback is resolved. Well another method would be to fight this in court and manage to win, but that isn't worth it financially. I guess what you can take away from it is that it's better to buy physical.

Smug Wendy

Trophies
Website
www.wendys.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems like my PSN account is banned. Probably because I signed up to PSN on my CFWed PS3 a month ago or so to buy some Tales of Xillia DLC, with protection measures and all enabled. I never pirated on the PS3. The reason why I CFWed it in the first place is for the Tales of Vesperia english translation. In retrospect I probably should have pirated the DLC instead. Oh irony.

Now the question: How would you measure the chance of having Sony unbanning my account if I write them pretty please? Does something like that ever happened before?
I always love when people ask this question lol PSN is known for never unbanning people only thing I can say is hope for a group to hack all the main company's again only THEN you will have a chance of being unbanned "possibly"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16