Sony Denies Use of Mods on Fallout 4 and Skyrim

12230-3-1330993310-620x350.jpg

The use of mods on consoles was a huge surprise and welcome addition to bethesda games at their e3 conference last year and this year. Being able to alter the game and bring some kind of exclusivity from PC to consoles was going to be a real treat for the console space.

That is of course, until Sony completely blocked the use of Mods.

Bethesda said:
After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

We will provide an update if and when this situation changes.

As of now, it looks like mod support will be left solely to the PC and Xbox One console. A strange move on Sony's part that they will hopefully reverse in the future.

Otherwise what is even the point of playing Skyrim again on PS4..?

:arrow: SOURCE

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if there is enough time to do something to hack the ps4 while dogmeat is puking a pile of 1 million fusion cores? dogmeat is the answer to this I just know it!

Last edited by bitjacker,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish there were more details on why Sony denied it. That was a really vague statement and it's clear that Bethesda was the one who pulled out most likely unwilling to compromise.

Bethesda unwilling to compromise on what exactly? It's not easy taking mod content designed for the PC and just plopping it on a console version of a game. Console mods were a big part of Bethesda's advertising for Fallout 4 and Skyrim: Special Edition. Would they really fail to compromise if it meant them losing all that money? Because now why should people buy Skyrim again on PS4 if they've already played it?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Funny to see Sony so indecisive in this. Most mods available on PC are quite heavy on the hardware, so it's not likely for the largest stuff to hit the consoles and work without performance hits

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I thought Nintendo was the worst at customer service. However, getting bits and pieces of Sony's past and present I'm starting to realize I might be wrong.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i bought f4 on ps4 because of mods and fckn Sony just destroys anything. i am selling the ps4 version of tha game. i got f4 + season pass on pc

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has Sony become? First they supported homebrew by releasing the net yaroze (original playstation dev kit for mass consumption), then the ps2 linux kit (extremely limited releasr but still), then supporting linux on the ps3 through OtherOS which thry took away later (wtf way to rob your customers out of features that very well couldve been a deciding fact0r in the purchase), now they wont even allow developer authorized game modding!!!!???? Seriously, wth sony....

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.