Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think Sony is going anywhere.

1 - If Blu-Ray succeeds they will make a hell of a lot of money from licensing.

2 - Even thought Sony losses money on each ps3 they sell they make it all back in software sales.

3 - PS2 had over a 50% market share last gen. PS3 has that enormous market share to pitch to. I know heaps of people who have no real interest in video games but they all know what a playstation is, they don't know what a gamecube is though.

4 - I know people who bought a PS2 just because it had a dvd player in it. Many will buy a ps3 just because it has a Blu-Ray player in it.

5 - Only hardcore gamers actually read up about all this type of crap anyway. Most people will walk into the store and see a new playstation, "omgz it's the new thing! So powerful, very pretty" and buy one. PS3 will constantly be in high demand. Xbox360 has had it's time to capture people's attention before the 'new sony' came out. I don't think people are going to care about the xbox360 when the ps3 is out. I know someone who bought an xbox360 then afterwards heard about the ps3 and now wants one of them instead because it's more powerful.

Not that I want or could ever afford a PS3, but I think it's very premature to cast sony off already.

Once again though, the facts are there:

1) Blu-ray is already showing signs of decline. Sony can't get the bigger disks working (which was the only draw that Blu-ray had over HD-DVD), and HD-DVD is selling alot better at this point.

2) Software sales are key, yes. But if you can get the same software on a less expensive console, that's what the average consumer will do. Most companies are going 3rd party for simple business reasons. If they spread the love, they make more money. And if one console fails, atleast they have the others to live off.

3) Guys, lets face facts, Sony only won last gen for one reason: They had a head start and backwards compatibility. In hardware terms they were inferior, and had they not had the software titles to back them up, and the head start, they would have already lost. Which brings me back to reply 2) which shows that solid software backing for the PS3 may not be in the cards this generation.

Then there's the fact that this gen Xbox 360 is the one with the head start, already having a large game library while the PS3 on the whole has only even announced a handful of titles. And of course there's other factors as well, such as: Nintendo and Microsoft are both branching out, bringing more game series/genres into the fold. Microsoft finally has some good looking RPGs from prominent creators coming out, which was the only reason the system is really failing in Japan (that being a previous lack of Japanese oriented software titles). And Nintendo's stocks have reached a six year high, while Sony's stocks are already going down.

4) That's a good point. But it should be noted that rumor has it that Microsoft will either be releasing an Xbox 360 with an internal HD-DVD drive, or a new bundle where they sell the external HD-DVD drive with the Xbox 360 for roughly the same price as the PS3. Which brings the war of the formats into the video game front. And as stated above, HD-DVD (at the moment) seems to be winning that war.

5) Neither hardcore gamers, nor the casual consumer need to know these facts. Really the fact that Sony's losing a ton of money on every console they sell doesn't need to be known, as it's an inevitability. The fact of the matter is that people will buy the PS3, it will probably even be a hit product. But developers arn't pleased (and when devs arn't pleased, they don't develope *cough*GameCube**cough*PSP*cough*), and financially it's killing Sony.

So sure, go out and buy a PS3, I probably would too if they ever announce a game I want badly enough (KH3 probably being on the Wii means my only true reason has gone out the window). But in this case, they won't make money for over half a decade, and by then they'll realise that that killed them. So no, Sony's death won't be immediate, they'll probably think everything is going according to plan until they get 5 years in, then they'll see how negatively their choices affected them.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
2) Software sales are key, yes. But if you can get the same software on a less expensive console, that's what the average consumer will do. Most companies are going 3rd party for simple business reasons. If they spread the love, they make more money. And if one console fails, atleast they have the others to live off.

3) Guys, lets face facts, Sony only won last gen for one reason: They had a head start and backwards compatibility. In hardware terms they were inferior, and had they not had the software titles to back them up, and the head start, they would have already lost. Which brings me back to reply 2) which shows that solid software backing for the PS3 may not be in the cards this generation.

Then there's the fact that this gen Xbox 360 is the one with the head start, already having a large game library while the PS3 on the whole has only even announced a handful of titles. And of course there's other factors as well, such as: Nintendo and Microsoft are both branching out, bringing more game series/genres into the fold. Microsoft finally has some good looking RPGs from prominent creators coming out, which was the only reason the system is really failing in Japan (that being a previous lack of Japanese oriented software titles). And Nintendo's stocks have reached a six year high, while Sony's stocks are already going down.

5) Neither hardcore gamers, nor the casual consumer need to know these facts. Really the fact that Sony's losing a ton of money on every console they sell doesn't need to be known, as it's an inevitability. The fact of the matter is that people will buy the PS3, it will probably even be a hit product. But developers arn't pleased (and when devs arn't pleased, they don't develope *cough*GameCube**cough*PSP*cough*), and financially it's killing Sony.

So sure, go out and buy a PS3, I probably would too if they ever announce a game I want badly enough (KH3 probably being on the Wii means my only true reason has gone out the window). But in this case, they won't make money for over half a decade, and by then they'll realise that that killed them. So no, Sony's death won't be immediate, they'll probably think everything is going according to plan until they get 5 years in, then they'll see how negatively their choices affected them.

2. People will buy software for the console they own regardless of price, yes? And when the PS3 has most of the established game characters running on their system people will buy a PS3 for those games. From my friends I've basically gathered that the only real mascot for the Xbox is Halo, all the other games are available on either both systems or just the Playstation. That's kind of the impression at the moment. PS3 will sell through stock constantly, they wont have many troubles with sales.

3. Really the head start and backwards comptibility were the only reasons? I believe the games were the reason that ps2 won. The ps2 library is huge and the xbox never distinguished itself from the ps2 in terms of games because both systems played the exact same games anyway.

5. "The fact of the matter is that people will buy the PS3, it will probably even be a hit product. But developers arn't pleased (and when devs arn't pleased, they don't develope *cough*GameCube**cough*PSP*cough*)"

so what you're saying is:

PS3 = quite possibly a hit product = lots of PS3 console sales.

Developers don't need to be happy, they need to make money and they'll publish first and foremost on the console that has the biggest market share, because that means more money for them. Gamecube had an abysmal marketshare (especially in Australia, you can't even buy Gamecube games anymore in many stores). So if the PS3 sells really well then developers will hop on board.

It all boils down to this -

PS3 sells well = Sony, it's financial position and market dominance is once again happy happy

PS3 sells bad = Sony is in crap and more emphasis will be given to xbox360

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
2. People will buy software for the console they own regardless of price, yes? And when the PS3 has most of the established game characters running on their system people will buy a PS3 for those games. From my friends I've basically gathered that the only real mascot for the Xbox is Halo, all the other games are available on either both systems or just the Playstation. That's kind of the impression at the moment. PS3 will sell through stock constantly, they wont have many troubles with sales.

3. Really the head start and backwards comptibility were the only reasons? I believe the games were the reason that ps2 won. The ps2 library is huge and the xbox never distinguished itself from the ps2 in terms of games because both systems played the exact same games anyway.

5. "The fact of the matter is that people will buy the PS3, it will probably even be a hit product. But developers arn't pleased (and when devs arn't pleased, they don't develope *cough*GameCube**cough*PSP*cough*)"

Developers don't need to be happy, they need to make money and they'll publish first and foremost on the console that has the biggest market share, because that means more money for them. Gamecube had an abysmal marketshare (especially in Australia, you can't even buy Gamecube games anymore in many stores). So if the PS3 sells really well then developers will hop on board.

PS3 sells well = Sony, it's financial position and market dominance is once again happy happy

2.) Opium, once again, the titles are no longer in exclusive territory. If Final Fantasy and Metal Gear moved to the other consoles as well (for example), Sony is screwed. And guess what? There are signs of that happening. Solid Snake is appearing on a Nintendo console in character form only (for now), but that will most likely lead to the Wii getting a Metal Gear title as well. As that's how these kind of things works. And Square-Enix doesn't care for Sony anymore. They've stated that they may move their franchises to different consoles. Basically, all bets are off. Any game could appear on both a Sony and Microsoft console. Look at GTA, once a Sony exclusive, now... not so much.

And for the record, Microsoft has been building up franchises to compete. Halo = their Metroid, Fable = their Zelda, Blue Dragon = their Dragon Quest, Lost Odyssey = their Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive = their fighting series, etc. The list goes on. Last gen they only had Halo and Fable, this gen they've got some heavy hitters behind them. The possibility that the Xbox 360 will have all or most of the software that the PS3 gets is there, which means no reason to pay $200 - $300 extra for a PS3.

3.) I listed software in my previous comment, but it was the head start and backwards compatibility that did it. Because the head start put them ahead of the competition, for quite some time the PS2 was the only option, as Xbox and GameCube hadn't even stepped out of the door yet. And this time Xbox 360 has that advantage. The backwards compatibility can't be taken at face value, it's not the words that are important, it was the fact that the PS2 had the ability to play the entire PS1 game library. Which, by the way, is something all the consoles have this gen, so Sony can no longer use it as an incentive.

5.) My argument was never that the PS3 wouldn't sell. It won't sell on some fronts, yes, because there are people like you and me who can't afford it and won't even consider buying one until the price goes down. But here's the thing, BILLIONS are lost no matter how they sell. And if they lower the price in a couple of years to sell more (for the sake of people like you and me), they lose even more money than that which pushes any possible ahrdware revenue back even farther.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
To be fair the price it costs sony to make a ps3 will slowly go down with time, all technology gets cheaper over time to make and assemble. So by the time they drop the price they won't really be losing much more if any more at all.

But anyway, I personally don't believe Sony is going anywhere, however I'm sure it'll be a bit more competitive for them this round though.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yunno what, fuck Sony AND Micro$oft.
The two of them are basically making powerhouse systems that will "knock your socks off!" with their graphical prowess, processors, blah blah blah.
Who gives a shit.

Ultimately, what it will boil down to is Innovation. What company is left, that will come out with something INNOVATIVE, not something that we have already seen but shinier? Nintendo. That's where it's going to be.

NINTENDO.

And Ace - Doesn't matter if Micro$oft has been building up franchises to compete with Sony & Nintendo's. It won't matter. People will go with what they know and love best. Who's going to win between Zelda and Fable? Do I even need to ask that question? Like I said, Micro$oft can't compete with already-established franchises.
Sony MIGHT be able to pull something out of their asses, due to the fact that they have so many franchises already in developmental stages for their next-gen system, like Metal Gear. People will buy a PS3 JUST to see how the Metal Gear franchise comes to an end, just as people will buy an Xbox JUST to see how the Halo franchise comes to an end. It all boils down to what franchises people know & love best, because as I said, they'll buy the console just to play the goddamn games.

My two cents.
smile.gif

Happy trails.

::Edit::
And let's not forget, even if Sony DOES get slaughtered in this new generation of consoles, that they are a multi-billion dollar company. They have tons and tons of money to be brought in from elsewhere, whether it's TVs or movies, they'll find some other way to stay alive. They're kinda like Herpes... They can only be treated, never fully cured.
rofl2.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yunno what, fuck Sony AND Micro$oft.
The two of them are basically making powerhouse systems that will "knock your socks off!" with their graphical prowess, processors, blah blah blah.
Who gives a shit.

Ultimately, what it will boil down to is Innovation. What company is left, that will come out with something INNOVATIVE, not something that we have already seen but shinier? Nintendo. That's where it's going to be.

NINTENDO.

And Ace - Doesn't matter if Micro$oft has been building up franchises to compete with Sony & Nintendo's. It won't matter. People will go with what they know and love best. Who's going to win between Zelda and Fable? Do I even need to ask that question? Like I said, Micro$oft can't compete with already-established franchises.
Sony MIGHT be able to pull something out of their asses, due to the fact that they have so many franchises already in developmental stages for their next-gen system, like Metal Gear. People will buy a PS3 JUST to see how the Metal Gear franchise comes to an end, just as people will buy an Xbox JUST to see how the Halo franchise comes to an end. It all boils down to what franchises people know & love best, because as I said, they'll buy the console just to play the goddamn games.

My two cents.
smile.gif

Happy trails.

::Edit::
And let's not forget, even if Sony DOES get slaughtered in this new generation of consoles, that they are a multi-billion dollar company. They have tons and tons of money to be brought in from elsewhere, whether it's TVs or movies, they'll find some other way to stay alive. They're kinda like Herpes... They can only be treated, never fully cured.
rofl2.gif

First, the innovation point. I don't believe that. Yes innovation is important, and the Wii is awesome. But there's something to be said for the nostalgia of the classic controls. Some people like getting the same old thing over and over, and some people like it both ways (lol, bi-gameual). It's not wrong to want pretty games with classic controls, but luckilly we have Nintendo to offer an alernate solution as well.

And I didn't mean direct franchise competition, as in chosing one franchise over the other. Just more ways to milk money from the consumer, basically. If Microsoft has a game I want (Fable, for instance) that means I have to buy an Xbox 360. It's as simple as that, exclusives make the world go round. I wouldn't even own a PS2 right now if there weren't a handful of games on it I enjoyed. But that advantage is gone for Sony this gen (or so it seems).

But still, some of you have blind faith in a company because of its standing in the past, and quite frankly, that's not a good idea. Look at Nintendo, we all love Nintendo, they're great. But do you have any idea how close they were to death with the N64 and GameCube? History means nothing in this kind of battle. The people are quick to turn on a brand they previously loved for something different. Look at the battle of the N64 and PS1. Everyone was a hardcore SNES fan, and then the PS1 comes along and suddenly Nintendo doesn't seem as great (which I assume was the mindset of people switching from Nintendo-based consoles to PS1s in that era).

Companies die frequently, it just happens. No amount of faith you have in a company amounts to a hill of beans when the facts of their demise are right there in front of you, even if you choose not to see it. In this particular era Sony is taking major heat on all fronts. I don't know how you can look at them in the process of failing in every possible way, and still think they'll succeed. Bad business is bad business, and Sony is doing some seriously bad business.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
You guysforget that producing consoles an games is a business. You know, making money. While Microsoft is somewhat financially stable, Sony is really banking on the PS3's success. They're getting ass-reaming by Apple and Samsung on their other business fronts, and they hope that they already have their foot in the door. With PS2 and PSX support, the PS3 has the biggest game library in history before it even launches.

However, Microsoft has enjoyed a level of success with its console. It's friendly to develop for, and has been seeing reasonable success.

We'll see how things pan out for Sony. The competition doesn't sem to be going anywhere, and Nintendo's new move will either be a huge hit or huge devastating miss. (Yes, I'm aware a good number of us here are more irrational fans, so if you are offended just omit the possibility of N not doing well).

Although I understand it's difficult to look at things from a business perspective when you're used to looking at it as a game player. This is especially true of gamers who don't entirely pay for their games.
wink.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

NINTENDO PWNZ J00 AND J00'RE FAMILY!

...and maybe your dog too.

Nintendo is going to climb, I think. Hopefully Sony will die, and will merge with Nintendo once again..

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

/end psychotic fanboy.

Happy trails.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
But still, some of you have blind faith in a company because of its standing in the past, and quite frankly, that's not a good idea. Look at Nintendo, we all love Nintendo, they're great. But do you have any idea how close they were to death with the N64 and GameCube?

Not very close at all, things in that sense are really not as they seem. It took Sony's playstation division YEARS to even break even after the PS2 launch. Microsofts Xbox division WAS a deficet for the entirety of the Xbox's lifespan(thou I'm sure it still is). Nintendo was turning profit on the Gamecube MONTHES after it's release, simply due to the fact they sold the console itself at a profit. They can always lose marketshare yeah, but Nintendo never puts themselves in a situation where they stand to risk anything financially, they run opposite to both competitors like that. The other big factor behind Nintendo is the fact that most of the high-selling games on their systems are first-party, I don't think I need to explain the math there.

I can guarantee you, no matter how popular or unpopular the Wii is, it will easily be the most economically succesful of the three consoles. $250 is the most expensive a Nintendo console has ever been, and the Wii is easily the cheapest to produce out of all of them, since the tech is so old. This isn't like before where Nintendo made just a tiny profit on their consoles, it's huge. They will be selling their hardware at a huge profit ONTOP of software licensing and all of the income from their own software, this is compared to Sony selling their system at a huge cost to themselves, and trying to break even eventually with software licensing. It seems impossibly for Nintendo to ever dissappear if they run their business as smart as they are doing now, regardless of marketshare.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
To add fuel to the fire:

I'm astonished that nobody mentioned the recent Sony exploding battery debacle yet. Dell alone has recalled 4 million Sony Lithium-Ion Notebook batteries. Several other Laptop manufacturers (Apple, Toshiba, Lenevo, to name a few) must've recalled another several millions together. This will not look very good in their next financial reports. And it surely doesn't do their reputation any good.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add fuel to the fire:

I'm astonished that nobody mentioned the recent Sony exploding battery debacle yet. Dell alone has recalled 4 million Sony Lithium-Ion Notebook batteries. Several other Laptop manufacturers (Apple, Toshiba, Lenevo, to name a few) must've recalled another several millions together. This will not look very good in their next financial reports. And it surely doesn't do their reputation any good.
I am pretty sure this was already mentioned but it is worth mentioning again and yes, others, including Fujitsu, has announced the recall and the numbers are climbing close to 10 million.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ill say this about Sony , their choosing which leg they want amputated. It's either the left or the right one but they have to choose.

Sony will have a very bad 2007. Maybe slight rebound at the end of 2007. No way will they have an install base by the end of that year for all the software to sell.

They lost the war on handhelds ... They certainly are alienating their PS3 audience by retarded comments on people just have to get the money coz they said so ...

And the games on the PS3 have to impress to sell but the drawback is they cost alot more to make .... Somehow the HD capable console's shot themselfs in the foot regarding developing time/costs.

What if the Wii hits home, how many people would even bother with PS3 ? Then Ace gunman is right Sony is dead ....
Atleast this round ...

bow.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's only one thing I am REALLY praying for. And it's not for Sony or Microsoft to fail. No, I just hope NINTENDO DOESN'T GET TO BE THE WINNER IN THIS WAR! Why you may ask? Well, it's obvious. When you rule the gaming world it somehow would be difficult to maintain the quality of the product. Nintendo imo tends to go into the opposition in a way that can be described as "Who isn't strong, must be smart". Well, smart they were with all their innovative ideas. But when they would be the glorious winner of all the other consoles, it could also go down hill faster than you can say "Wiiiiiiii". I hope Nintendo always stays in this situation where to Giants are fighting, and they just slip by with very original, bright ideas that get them in a safe spot on the innovation-hill, while plotting on other nice new ideas, while laughing at the other bastards!

leehom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ARTICLE 5: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154029
SUMMARY 5: Many developers (in this case, Square-Enix) don't have faith in the PS3, and are going cross-platform. Kingdom Hearts may be coming to Wii instead of the PS3, Grand Theft Auto is now cross-platform (360 and PS3), Solid Snake is appearing in Super Smash Bros: Brawl, and there are countless more examples. Example: Originally Assassin's Creed was PS3 exclusive, now it's cross-platform. Basically, PS3 is losing brands and exclusives left and right.

ADDITIONAL FACTS:
* The price is way too much for the average consumer to spend on a video game console. The average non-hardcore gamer working 9-5 won't be able to afford it, and the average parent certainly won't be it for their child. Atleast not for a few years down the road. Alot of average consumers will put off buying the PS3 for years until the price drops.

* Sony pissed alot of people off with one negative announcement after another regarding the PS3. They're making no allies and getting constant bad press. So far the only positive announcement has been that the Japanese core PS3 got a price drop, and even that was accompanied by the fact that Japanese PS3 games will now retail for close to $90 USD. Then there's the delays, and various other factors.

Im going to ignore your first four articles/links due to the fact that you sound like a kid who is having an anxiety attack. You posting these articles to back up your idea or theory proves that you know NOTHING when it comes to stocks or business for that matter. The PSP, I'll leave that out because I do not care about how successful or unsuccessful hand helds are. I own a flashed black DS and well, for the most part it compliments my black shelf nicely.

On to article five. Cross-platforming. Sony losing exclusives left and right? Your either blind or just dumb. You bring in an hypothetical situation without any PROOF, "Sony might lose KH to Wii" as your basis is pathetic. Im interested in the "countless others" claim you've made. Snake appearing in another game for another platform does not mean it's a loss exclusive. Im sure you couldn't even name more than five exclusives that Sony have lost. The great thing about the PS3 is the exlusive games that you WILL NOT be able to play on the WII. GT5, MGS4, GOW3, FFXIII etc etc.

Your additional "facts" are so misconstrued. The average consumer can't afford a $500 PS3, but they can afford a $400 video ipod. Yea, that makes alot of sense. PS3 games aren't even for sale yet, so where are you pulling the $90 USD per game in JAPAN. First of all, this is in Japan where the market is DIFFERENT from the American market. Second of all, Sony released a price list a few days ago. I think you should read that and insert your foot in your mouth. What delays and various factors? Can you be more specific or would you rather wander off in your fantasy land of hyperbolic bs.

Im not even going to continue reading the rest of his post. There's too many discrepancies that are just WAY OFF. I hope no one on this forum with half a brain believes any of this garbage from this "MS fanboy". For someone to go out of his way and post such a lengthy post bashing Sony makes me believe he is a viral marketer.

leehom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

2.) Opium, once again, the titles are no longer in exclusive territory. If Final Fantasy and Metal Gear moved to the other consoles as well (for example), Sony is screwed. And guess what? There are signs of that happening. Solid Snake is appearing on a Nintendo console in character form only (for now), but that will most likely lead to the Wii getting a Metal Gear title as well. As that's how these kind of things works. And Square-Enix doesn't care for Sony anymore. They've stated that they may move their franchises to different consoles. Basically, all bets are off. Any game could appear on both a Sony and Microsoft console. Look at GTA, once a Sony exclusive, now... not so much.

Wrong. What other system has the capability the PS3 has to reproduce these franchises from SQ-E and Konami? Wii? No way. 360? Possible, but unlikely due to the small user base. As much as you Nintendo fanboys wish for it, it will never come true. Why do you think many developers turned away from Nintendo back in the mid 90's? Nintendo burned alot of bridges with third party developers IF any of you guys remember that. Why do you think the N64 and GC was a disappointment?

Im intrigued about the Wii as much as the next guy, but I would like Nintendo to have some third party exclusives before I feel that it is worth purchasing. They have more support than their previous systems, but there isn't any MUST HAVE games I've seen outside of Zelda or Mario. It's pretty obvious there isn't many "great" games being released for the Wii when people are drooling over Rayman. Before anyone calls me a Sony fanboy, I don't think there isn't any game warranting a PS3 day one purchase, but I'll buy them both on day one (even w/o a game) because I love them both regardless.
smile.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote new guy "Im going to ignore your first four articles/links due to the fact that you sound like a kid who is having an anxiety attack"

I love the fact that you are calling out the original poster for sounding like a kid but only a true child would not read all the facts and just let his or her fanboy flag fly. You repeatedly say you will not or have not read all of the material provided by Ace Gunman so there fore I would pretty much count your opinion as uninformed. Especially when you discount the very first article which paints a pretty grim picture for Sony. The fact that you want to blind yourself to the facts reveal that it may be you, sir or madam, that is the viral marketer.
yaynds.gif

leehom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quote new guy "Im going to ignore your first four articles/links due to the fact that you sound like a kid who is having an anxiety attack"

I love the fact that you are calling out the original poster for sounding like a kid but only a true child would not read all the facts and just let his or her fanboy flag fly. You repeatedly say you will not or have not read all of the material provided by Ace Gunman so there fore I would pretty much count your opinion as uninformed. Especially when you discount the very first article which paints a pretty grim picture for Sony. The fact that you want to blind yourself to the facts reveal that it may be you, sir or madam, that is the viral marketer. 
yaynds.gif
If you knew any of the facts rather than reading some guys "opinions which he thinks is facts", than you wouldn't even question me. Therefore, you questioning me proves that you know nothing. Go to www.neogaf.com and read up.
wink.gif
If you even read the replies to his post, many people state that Sony is going nowhere. This guy is basically saying that Sony screwed up with the PS3/PSP and will go bankrupt. Many of the things he made up, he has no source or proof to back up his claims. He just blindly makes assumptions and wants you to believe their facts. This is what a viral marketer is. He is directing fire at Sony to give you and others a negative view on the PS3/PSP.

Im sort of offended that you called me a viral marketer, but honestly I don't care since its apparant you have little knowledge of what is going on. If you could "prove" it, then you might be on to something.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well first of all, leehom, there's no need to be offensive. Second of all, don't double post (heh, sorry, sometimes my ex-Op mindset sets in). And third of all, I've been following Sony and PS3 news with an eagle eye as of late. Some of these claims seem unsubstantiated you say? That's because I don't bookmark every single article I read. It took me 2 straight hours to track down all the information (mainly the articles) I inserted into my topic, and even then I couldn't track them all down. This is not me making up facts and spewing out propaganda to back up "my theory" (as you so bluntly put it), this is me relaying the facts I've already read in various news articles... into a collective topic. The purpose of said topic is to show the downward spiral of Sony at the current time. Individually the articles make Sony's situation look bad, collectively however, it makes their situation look absolutely abysmal.

It's not as if I went around to various news sites posing as a column writer to create faux-news, thse are legitimate articles that raise ligitimate points. And I'm sorry I didn't spend 5 hours tracking down every single source I've ever read on the topic to back up my additional facts section (which if I could have found them again, would each have had an article section and summary of their own). So before you go about criticizing my topic, how about you actually read the articles. And if you don't believe my additional facts, verify them yourself. If you're going to challenge my integrity, then atleast bring in substantiated proof of your own.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yaynds.gif

If you knew any of the facts rather than reading some guys "opinions which he thinks is facts", than you wouldn't even question me. Therefore, you questioning me proves that you know nothing. Go to www.neogaf.com and read up.
wink.gif
If you even read the replies to his post, many people state that Sony is going nowhere. This guy is basically saying that Sony screwed up with the PS3/PSP and will go bankrupt. Many of the things he made up, he has no source or proof to back up his claims. He just blindly makes assumptions and wants you to believe their facts. This is what a viral marketer is. He is directing fire at Sony to give you and others a negative view on the PS3/PSP.

Im sort of offended that you called me a viral marketer, but honetly I don't care since its appearant you have little knowledge. If you could "prove" it, then you might be on to something.
dry.gif

I love it when people state that Sony is going nowhere. Why do people actually believe that just because a company is big or was big will always stay that way. ignorant. I also love how you keep saying that he is just posting his opinion. Did you read the articles he linked? No, I am pretty sure you did not. It is always sad to view those in compete and utter denial. Battery recalls, TV sales way down, portable music players way below the competition, portable game market in the tank, they have so much riding on this PS3 that they may be in big trouble. The loose money when they sell a system and need to make it up with software sales but you said yourself that you may only buy the system. Nice, kill the company that you so obviously work for. I also am greatly amused by people like you when given all the facts on a silver tray they still say we don't know what we are talking about. You are calling out those of us that have been burned in the past by similar situations. TG16 with the CD add on? Check. 3DO? Check. Sega CD? Check. 32X? Check. Dreamcast? Check. Also, look at the track record for Proprietary formats that Sony backs all the time. Have you used your MiniDisc player in a while? How is your UMD library doing? You pick up a Blu Ray player yet? Seriously. You sound like a retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey