WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The PSM Development Assistent App is the only gateway to native Vita homebrew, exploited by @yifan_lu. Sony knows that, so they posted a new update on the PSM website, alerting users that a "software issue" was found in the app and kindly asking you to stop using and delete the PSM Dev App. If you don't do it, they will nuke your Dev App by forcing you to update to the newly released firmware 3.52.

Dear PlayStation Mobile content developer

A software issue was found in PSM Development Assistant/ PSM Development Assistant for Unity applications.

For those developers using PSM Development Assistant/ PSM Development Assistant for Unity, we kindly ask you to stop using the application and delete it from your PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita).

Please be aware that PS Vita system software update 3.52, scheduled to be released on June 24, will revoke the applications, and users will no longer be able to use it.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

As scheduled, content updates are accepted until July 15, 2015.

I am happy to delete my Dev App, but only because Sony asked me kindly :tpi:

:arrow: Source: Yufi hacker dude's twitter, PSM Website

D

Deleted User

Honestly Sony, your best bet for Vita sales would be to just turn a blind eye to these exploits. Nobody is going to buy a Vita nowadays unless the next big exploits out. Look at it like this, I bought a psp solely for homebrew but ended up buying about 10 psp games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've recently became interested in acquiring a PS Vita to play PSP games on the TV since the price has decreased but I'll keep on waiting till it drops more. I already own the games so I won't pay for them via the PS Store instead, just use backups.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently became interested in acquiring a PS Vita to play PSP games on the TV since the price has decreased but I'll keep on waiting till it drops more. I already own the games so I won't pay for them via the PS Store instead, just use backups.
Why not just get a PSP that has TV out? They do exist. Unless you also want to play Vita games, then please, at least get a TV, but if all you want to do is PSP stuff, a PSP costs about as much as a Vita TV and is usable as both a handheld and a TV out device, so....yeah.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Why not just get a PSP that has TV out? They do exist. Unless you also want to play Vita games, then please, at least get a TV, but if all you want to do is PSP stuff, a PSP costs about as much as a Vita TV and is usable as both a handheld and a TV out device, so....yeah.

I'm a home console gamer and so I prefer to play it all on the TV rather than a small screen, y'know, PSP had a great library of games which was underappreciated by most as they didn't support it due to how easy it was to get 'em for free.

This looks fantastic for its purpose but too bad the UMD Passport isn't available so piracy outta do it.

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PS TV sounds like it would be the best fit for your use case, especially if PPSSPP got ported thanks to the PSM hack, since PPSSPP is better than the native emulator in every way except for PSN download compatibility.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PS TV sounds like it would be the best fit for your use case, especially if PPSSPP got ported thanks to the PSM hack, since PPSSPP is better than the native emulator in every way except for PSN download compatibility.
Except that the PSM hack is tethered and thus will not work on the Vita TV as it has no USB port.

[Alt][F4]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm I have the PSM Dev App installed like a year ago on vita and requested the licence, but not till today did I bother to check on whether I got the licence, and it looks I got approved when I visited the site just now. Do I need to generate "Publisher Key" and "Application Key" with PSM Publishing Utility for the hack?

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except that the PSM hack is tethered and thus will not work on the Vita TV as it has no USB port.
Apparently the Unity version can also be used for Rejuvenate and there's some sort of filesystem write trick that apparently works on both systems.
PSM+
When I first announced the Rejuvenate hack, I promised a solution for people who do not have a publisher license (and therefore cannot generate keys needed to run the hack) which I dubbed PSM+. PSM+ requires the use of the filesystem writing trick discovered by mr.gas and Major_Tom and also requires materials to be hosted on a server. Therefore, I gave mr.gas, Major_Tom, and wololo the prerogative to release PSM+ at a time they deem fit. Please follow wololo.net for the release schedule. They will post instructions and provide support for PSM+ when the time comes.

Rejuvenate
If you remember the original announcement, the hack came with quite a few limitations that made it less useful for the general audience. I have been working hard to try to address some of these issues, and I think I found a temporary solution to a few of them. I have confirmed earlier today that PlayStation®Mobile Development Assistant for Unity contains the same bug as the regular PSM DevAssistant application. That means it can be exploited to run UVLoader too. The Unity app is also a better solution for running homebrew.

• It runs the debugger over Wifi, so after the initial setup over USB, it is possible (for example) to launch homebrew with a custom app on your smartphone, which is a step forward from being tethered to a computer.
  • For the same reason as above, the VitaTV can be supported. The only requirement is installing the files either with the same filesystem writing trick as PSM+ (which can be a hassle) or swapping the memory card into a PS Vita to install over USB (which can also be a hassle). Installation only needs to be done once though.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Sony. I kindly ask you to wish in one hand, and **** in the other, as no one will remove the PSM App, because they would like to finally get Homebrew on this Device. It has been a long time coming, and if you do not like it, kindly refer to my request. LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: