Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGQZm4o.png

And to think, they just announced Sonic Boom. I have to say, this was... speedy.

Takashi Iizukahas revealed that the core Sonic team is currently working on a brand new Sonic title for unspecified platforms. The game will retain the original Sonic look and the mechanics we’ve grown to love over the years and will be showcased later this year.

“At the moment, the core Sonic team at SEGA is working on a new title that will use the traditional look and mechanics of the series, which will get more details later during the year.”
:arrow:My Nintendo News

Because if there's one thing the Sonic franchise has suffered from, it's a lack of games. Yup.

So, yeah. If you were worried that Sonic Boom was the sole direction for the franchise, you can take comfort in the fact that Sega will find entirely new ways to disappoint you.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long Sega doesn't use the Sonic Boom design, I am okay with it. :P
Since they are using the traditional look and mechanics, I guess it will be similar to Sonic Generations Modern(Or maybe 2D, who knows, maybe it is Sonic 4 - Episode 3 :P) stuff.
I bet it will be released for every console platform and maybe it will get a terribad port from Dimps to the 3DS.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Christ...I know sonic is their mascot and all, but shouldn't they at least TRY to come up with something else than sonic game after sonic game? At least nintendo has an entire library to recycle. :unsure:
(yeah, I know...sega has a huge library as well...but I guess the members of the "core sonic team" have a contract that prohibits them from ever making a non-sonic game).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A return to the modern-Sonic style seen in Sonic Generations would be nice, though I would like the game to be a deal longer, and perhaps just a bit more ambitious. Sonic Generations was a fantastic game overall, and it'd be amazing to see it (hopefully) run at a consistent 60 FPS with textures that don't look like shit on consoles (compared to Generations' shit textures and sub-30FPS on the PS3 and 360).

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guh... I'm a sucker for Sonic games, even bad ones. Given their description, I'll remain hopeful that it's something like Generations.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Comes as no surprise to me - SEGA spilled the beans during a toy fair some time ago and then denied everything, claiming that their official release schedule was "misinformed". Long story short, this is the first Sonic game to be released after SEGA's exclusivity deal ends, it's coming in 2015 if the leak is to be trusted and it's multiplatform, so expect a PS4 and Xbox One release. I'm personally quite happy - recent Sonic games aren't half-bad and I'm eager to see what they have in store for the next gen systems. I'm not lying to myself, the probability of this being a disappointment is high, but hey! Maybe it won't be one! We'll see in a year or so.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean they're going back to their side scrolling format? Mario games continue to sell despite this... setback; why shouldn't Sonic games sell the same way in this format? Besides, everyone knows how much fun the 3D Sonic games are. I've played a bunch of them and they certainly were memorable.
Comes as no surprise to me - SEGA spilled the beans during a toy fair some time ago and then denied everything, claiming that their official release schedule was "misinformed". Long story short, this is the first Sonic game to be released after SEGA's exclusivity deal ends, it's coming in 2015 if the leak is to be trusted and it's multiplatform, so expect a PS4 and Xbox One release. I'm personally quite happy - recent Sonic games aren't half-bad and I'm eager to see what they have in store for the next gen systems. I'm not lying to myself, the probability of this being a disappointment is high, but hey! Maybe it won't be one! We'll see in a year or so.

Multiple platform usually means more than two. Otherwise, it's just a platform or a double platform. But I suppose no one actually knows the difference; not even gamers. You've got to have a reasonable amount of intelligence to understand this. Unless... this game is being released for the Wii U, in which case releasing it on the Playstation 4 and Xbox One would make it a multiple platform title.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The word "multiplatform" comes from the Latin multi (multa, multum) which simply means many or numerous. More than one. A 1 on 1 match is still multiplayer, not double-player. There's nothing stopping developers from calling games "triple-platform" or more, but why go through the trouble? Multiplatform is the accepted term for games that appear on more than one platform, there is no middle ground. The game might get a Wii U release, I'll re-check that later as I can't recall the whole list. It is coming to the Wii U as well.

EDIT: Here's the photograph I was referring to:
tHm1rJz.jpg
"New 2015 title TBA", platforms listed are Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. Again, multiplatform.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Christ...I know sonic is their mascot and all, but shouldn't they at least TRY to come up with something else than sonic game after sonic game? At least nintendo has an entire library to recycle. :unsure:
(yeah, I know...sega has a huge library as well...but I guess the members of the "core sonic team" have a contract that prohibits them from ever making a non-sonic game).
Well... Sonic Team made a few games like NiGHTS and Chu Chu Rocket back in the old days.
But Sega really needs other franchises these days besides Sonic.

Reactions: T Link7

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
some here will be angry with me, but Rayman Legends teach all platform games a lesson on how running levels should be. Since Sonic usually is all about running levels, I expect that they copy benchmark ubisoft in some aspects...

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sonic Boom, Sonic Movie, Next Gen Sonic Game, New Sonic Console, New Sega Name: "Sonic".
from how it looks here *points on Germany* Sega is doing only sonic games. But how it looks here *points at Japan* they have lots of fun stuff you wouldn't usually seega.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.