United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You need to... work a little on the transparency issues... ;)

Use Magenta (RGB 0,255,0 - easy as pie) instead of whatever you're using and get some higher-resolution backgrounds or use tiles to make your own - the border is a little "crooked".

That and... well... the core concept is a bit odd... plus the proportions need some attention... those rings are massive...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have that kind of software.

Yes you do.
Edit:

This is a fan mad Sonic game Its a clone of the 1st game tutoral, but has differnt things like,
friuts are rings,and boumbs move, and the mouse curser is Sonic running. This was made in Game Maker.
Hope you like it.
This is a fan made Sonic game. It's a clone of the 1st game's tutorial, but has different things like fruits as rings and bombs that move. The mouse cursor controls Sonic's movement. This was made in Game Maker.
I hope you like it.

Edit 2 - there are fruits? And tutorial in what first game? The first Sonic had no tutorial.

Also it might be a good idea to include in the readme what is actually going on. I hit play and I'm dropped into a clusterfuck of black dots and huge rings moving with a sprite that wants to run but is stationary. I don't know if you have to hold down LMB to pick up the rings. I don't know what happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know if anything happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know when I get hit with a bomb. And it seems more bombs get added over time? Add a score tracker to the level. And when does the level end? I was playing and suddenly I just got a high score entry window.

Reactions: cherryw17

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes you do.
Edit:

Edit 2 - there are fruits? And tutorial in what first game? The first Sonic had no tutorial.

Also it might be a good idea to include in the readme what is actually going on. I hit play and I'm dropped into a clusterfuck of black dots and huge rings moving with a sprite that wants to run but is stationary. I don't know if you have to hold down LMB to pick up the rings. I don't know what happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know if anything happens if you get hit with a bomb. I don't know when I get hit with a bomb. And it seems more bombs get added over time? Add a score tracker to the level. And when does the level end? I was playing and suddenly I just got a high score entry window.

I'm referring to the game maker 8 first game tutorial that comes with it (if you use game maker 8 you know what I mean.) Its a still sprite, I don't know how to animate sprites in game maker I'm a total noob at it.
The level never ends If you click on a bomb It's game over and a high score window appears. I made the rings smaller and fixed some things like holding down the mouse still gives you points for the ring. changed the wall It still needs a higher res background after that Version 1.1 will be released

Chrscool8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was... really bad.

• As said, the transparencies are really bad. What's with all the artifacts on Sonic and everything?
  • He's not even animated, nor is anything else.
  • Gameplay is... impossible. Where is the part of Sonic that is the mouse pointer? You have to click exactly on an object that's flinging by at a million miles an hour. Also, I'm pretty sure clicking in the middle of the ring hole makes it not collect it.
  • Try to avoid using 7mb mp3s for music when the total size of the game is 10mb including it. :/
That all said... It's apparently your first game, so one cant be too harsh, I suppose. Really not sure why you would release it, though. Practice on another 100 games and then start releasing them. Seriously, I know just what it's like. You'll get there eventually, just... not now.

Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That was... really bad.

• As said, the transparencies are really bad. What's with all the artifacts on Sonic and everything?
  • He's not even animated, nor is anything else.
  • Gameplay is... impossible. Where is the part of Sonic that is the mouse pointer? You have to click exactly on an object that's flinging by at a million miles an hour. Also, I'm pretty sure clicking in the middle of the ring hole makes it not collect it.
  • Try to avoid using 7mb mp3s for music when the total size of the game is 10mb including it. :/
That all said... It's apparently your first game, so one cant be too harsh, I suppose. Really not sure why you would release it, though. Practice on another 100 games and then start releasing them. Seriously, I know just what it's like. You'll get there eventually, just... not now.

Yeah when I get the hang of it, I'm going to make a game called Temporal Flux. Like you said I'm going to practice allot before I release it.:yaysp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)