CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Just got the game today, and I'm living through it. Only problem is that the HOME Menu takes a few seconds to load when I press the HOME button once, the console only goes into sleep mode a moment after I press the POWER button, and when I open Quick Settings the OS is stuck there and it won't close but the game still runs.

Reactions: zeldaism

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the game today, and I'm living through it. Only problem is that the HOME Menu takes a few seconds to load when I press the HOME button once, the console only goes into sleep mode a moment after I press the POWER button, and when I open Quick Settings the OS is stuck there and it won't close but the game still runs.
Hopefully they can fix this.

Reactions: CatmanFan
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Ordered an eShop credit voucher as part of an offer so will get the chance to play it soon and will do it with the Pokkén controller which will feel just right at home. :)

Reactions: PrincessLillie

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having hell of a good time on this game, I was a major Sonic fan when I was 6 to 8 having a Sega Genesis and Sega CD as a kid. With the crazy Sonic fangame scene, do you expect any hacks to try to "mania-ize" earlier Sonic games, maybe bringing the spirtes or some power ups. thing is though that many of the more experienced hackers already participated in the development of Sonic Mania.

anyway I've just printed myself a Sonic Mania Genesis cover and put my fake cartridge with the ring in it. looks insane!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
2017082313453800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Finally "own" Sonic Mania. :)

Playing Sonic Mania made me feel like a kid again, like back in the 90s all relaxed and nostalgic about it. I decided to play Sonic Mania with my Pokkén controller and rightly so, the controller just feels perfect for this kind of game while the Pro Controller is rather unnatural and unplayable with it.. just not exactly meant for retro 2D platforming games per say.

The new black Pokkén controller looks great but to be honest I don't even look at the controller to care what color it is so I'm more than happy with the white/red which was super cheap (bought it used but came like new).

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
i can use it just fine
Cool. For me it's something to do with the d-pad, it's either that it's smallish, unnatural or the layout is 'incorrect'. Probably the last one because I grew up playing 2D retro games on pads like SNES/MD/PS1.

However, the Pro Controller for everything else is more or less perfect.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Finished Sonic Mania's story mode earlier today and it was so much fun, I didn't get all the chaos emeralds to play as Super Sonic but frankly Knuckles is a lot more interesting as a playable character than Super Sonic.

The Debug Mode features the entire soundtrack (I think) of the game so that for me is well worth more than the overpriced Collector's Edition that SEGA decided to publish. Not even a music CD they bothered to include with it lazy bums.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can't listen to the soundtrack in debug mode but you can unlock it. if you want to play the final stage with super sonic you can using the level select screen. HOLD a+B at the title (with sonic) and push START when it says to push a button while still holding A+B. level select also has debug mode unlocked you can select any level and push x in the game to add things like rings, shields and any object from the game including enemy robots and even the big warp ring to get the emeralds. you also can't die if you die just quickly push x to respawn. you can also go to any part of the level using x so if you want to find all the alternate routes you can so easily or skip parts you don't like doing (like several in the LAST STAGE) access level select anytime you don't need to unlock it.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
need to get this for my switch.

i loved the very old sonic games (sega ones).
and sonic mania includes those right?

how is the replayability ?

its only 20$, gotta get it sometime soon.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
you can't listen to the soundtrack in debug mode but you can unlock it. if you want to play the final stage with super sonic you can using the level select screen. HOLD a+B at the title (with sonic) and push START when it says to push a button while still holding A+B. level select also has debug mode unlocked you can select any level and push x in the game to add things like rings, shields and any object from the game including enemy robots and even the big warp ring to get the emeralds. you also can't die if you die just quickly push x to respawn. you can also go to any part of the level using x so if you want to find all the alternate routes you can so easily or skip parts you don't like doing (like several in the LAST STAGE) access level select anytime you don't need to unlock it.
I meant this:

jpg

I always end up with Knuckles for some reason on the bottom right.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
push Y to cycle between characters when you have sonic there push X to have tails join you. the sound test is just for sound effects in the game. to unlock the music you need to collect medals. or just go download it off youtube like i did :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: zeldaism

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father