Sonic 'Live-Action and Animation Hybrid' Movie to be released in 2018

hqdefault.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog has gone through a lot and the Blue Blur has a lot more coming apparently. In an interview with The Worldfolio, Sega president and CEO Hajime Satomi has revealed that a 'live-action and animation hybrid' movie featuring the famous blue hedgehog is in the works with Sony Pictures for a release in 2018.

Sega Sammy Group is currently planning with Sony Pictures to create a live-action and animation hybrid “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie scheduled for release in 2018. Like with this CG animation production, we would like to expand our business into other entertainment areas beyond what we are currently involved.

The recent Sonic Boom TV show proved to be quite successful and a second season should be on the way. However, with the 'live-action and animation hybrid' genre, what should we expect? In any case, we've got 2 years before seeing the Blue Blur on big screen and to learn more about it

:arrow: SOURCE

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever happened with that movie that was suppose to release two years ago. It was going to be produced by Colombia pictures and give a dark theme to the sonic franchise.

Anyone?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Who framed roger rabbit did it = Good movie
Space Jam did it = Ok movie

But thats the best case scenario lol this is going to be horrific and i cant wait to see it because Sonic 06 and Sonic boom wii-u need a rival for worst sonic-related thing ever.

Reactions: LORDSANTAENGLISH
D

Deleted User

No no no!! They can't revive the Sonic franchise anymore; they had their chance a waaaaaay long time ago, but they just blew it with pure inconsistency once again. And it has all executed pretty badly in recent years, if you know what I mean... :tpi:

Reactions: WeedZ

GOT4N

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I'm not surprised coming from Sega, they ruin everytime.
Please remember this proverb:
"When you want something, SEGA will do the opposite"

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Apart from the fact that vide game based films are almost universally terrible, and live action/animation hybrids are also just as bad, I can't think of a more insufferable lead character for a film than Sonic. If I want to see a prickly, smug, self-assured twat then I'll listen to politicians talking. At least they won't make me fall suddenly and unavoidably into a pit of spikes. Not yet, anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plot twist: one of the live action components is Sonic, played by a real hedgehog.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody else think Sonic 07 when they read the title?

What is with Sony and their idiots thinking everything needs to be live-action to be relatable? First they got Smurfs. Next they almost got their hands on MLP. Thankfully the writers weren't stupid to let them take over when all they asked for was help bringing it everywhere. Then they got their hands on Lauren Faust and didn't agree with her direction so they took over. Now they got their hands on Sonic.

Can Sony and standards even belong in the same sentence anymore? They are trying way too hard to stay relevant and almost beating Miley Cyrus in terms of desperation.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over