Sonic Forces arrives November 7 on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox One, bonus edition extras

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    any news on the pc release?

2. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    This game has been nothing but disappointment for me. Truly, I wish that it burns. Maybe I am biased, maybe I just like Mania too much. But at the end of the day; it seems like it's a half-assed, poor produced, and cash grab Sonic game.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Now i kinda wish this game was released before sonic mania. :mellow:

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The hate is pretty strong.

rileysrjay, Voxel, DarthDub and 2 others like this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah i noticed. People seem to like sonic generations and then hate this.

DarthDub likes this.
  6. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    This game is going to create another wave (More like a great tsunami) of cringey fan art of Sonic O.C.'s. Not looking forward to that. :/

Bladexdsl likes this.
  7. ww97

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    Predicting to be CANCELLED. How disappointing.

8. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Sonic Far├žes....

9. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well no preorder for me. Id rather not be disappointed in a game that "looks kind of good' and then it derails like 06. I don't need more disappointment in my life. Its cool that its only $40 instead of $60 though...

10. Anonymous456

Anonymous456 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2017
    United States
    What? $39.99?

11. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    I'll be honest, I think the game is going to turn out alright. Not necessarily a masterpiece, but not as bad as everyone's making it out to be, and hopefully not as bad as Sonic 06.

The game retains the basic gameplay from Sonic Generations. That game was widely praised. I mean, yeah, the addition of the OC and the "edgy" tone the game seems to have going for it might make some people roll their eyes for targeting the DeviantArt demographic, but I don't see where this immense hatred is coming from.

I admit, though; this probably won't be as good as Sonic Mania. I don't think any modern-day Sonic game can top that. But that doesn't automatically mean Sonic Forces will be bad.

Personally, I don't see myself fitting into the demographic for this game. The game seems more story-oriented than previous recent Sonic titles, and I only have a fleeting interest in Sonic storylines these days.

The whole Sonic franchise is weird and amalgamated. There have definitely been ups and downs throughout the franchise, and what seems to work beautifully in one game gets totally bashed upon in another (or heck, even just a port of the same damn game), and what Sonic fans expect from a game seems to shift from year to year. Critics seem to continuously flaunt the "fact" that all modern Sonic games suck, even though there have been quite a few good ones after the classic era (the Sonic Advance series, the Sonic Rush series, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, etc.), though I suspect this is more due to the combination of series ignorance and the unwillingness for any reviewer being caught dead liking a Sonic game, especially considering his "uncool" status among gamers of late.

12. TF_Slayar

TF_Slayar Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    United States
    Gonna look biased as hell because of my profile picture, but god damn, everyone needs to chill out.
    Most of this thread is full of people who worship the classic games yet ignore the qualities of the 3D Sonic games. You're all assuming it's going to be a total, guaranteed shitfest based on how it looks, even though it looks exactly like Generations and MIGHT play like Generations too. The hate is unnecessary.

Brawl345 likes this.
  13. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    i never saw this coming also this game looks dope i hope there is mostly full 3d instead of 2d but why classic sonic not really a fan of his stages and my OC is gonna be Joker the furry cat