OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We missed an awful lot of homebrew news this past week, what with the E3 Media & Business Summit demanding our complete attention, but we intend to amend all that over the next couple of days. First on our list: The Sonic 3D game project (no relation to the Sega hedgehog).

It's difficult enough for commercial developers to create a decent looking 3D game for the DS, imagine the challenges that come with homemade project! Admitting that he's neither an animator or artist, programmer Ritz used textures and model data from BioWare PC RPG Neverwinter Nights to put together this demo. Despite the distance fog, we're impressed with the smooth animation and the maneuverable camera!

According to Ritz, Sonic's features include skeletal animation, static and dynamic point lights, shadow volumes, skyboxes, picking, gravity, and object and environment collision detection. He also hopes to eventually include an "interactive 3d map builder for easy world creation and object and creature placement." Slick!
[Via DSFanboy]

I've just tested it and the final result is AMAZING.

Specially since it's homebrew and not something done with "official" developers tools.

Developer site/Download

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I clicked this thinking Sonic Adventure had been ported to DS, but I'm not disappointed after watching that. It looks amazing!

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i downloaded this a few minutes ago, it's just neverwinter nights textures used on some kind of 3D DS hardware thingy which has a few animations
you can't really do anything but move and make a few actions

but it's pretty impressive anyway

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I found a glitch, where if you go out into the purple field and turn around, everything disappears.
tongue.gif

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Things i think he should add-

1. A good soundtrack and sounds..(SFX) too

2.A storyline

3. And more fighting moves would be good and many many more functions which i am sure he will add.

Just and idea--

I get a feeling that the upcoming Gta for ds might have graphics and layout textures like this game ...
unsure.gif

And by the i was blown away from the graphics this game had if this game develops the developer might want to take it to the Nintendo officials and get a proper game done...

i surely will buy it!
yaynds.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who said he was done?
Obviously he hasn't planned 'death' yet from falling off.

In any case, I wonder if he'll get this working as a full game eventually
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol