Hacking something is completely breaking my ps2 playability

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original 60gb fat with BC chip model that was playing ps2 games fine last I checked.
Just went to try shadow of the colossus and it cause an immediate freeze after launch
To be specific, shows up as playstation 2 disc, click it in xmb, hard freeze for system.
Went to try same with Modman, shows up with full title this time, reboots me to xmb, click it, same hard freeze
went to try iso file from irisman and mod man, reboots me to xmb, click it, same hard freeze. Can rip disc still.

basically no ps2 games work.
I'm on a ferrox 4.80 is it a known issue with that cfw? Has some kind of cobra config taken over and hosed me (I've never even bothered to try to understand cobra, given that I have this model)? Ps1 games and ps3 games work fine from disc and hdd

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original 60gb fat with BC chip model that was playing ps2 games fine last I checked.
Just went to try shadow of the colossus and it cause an immediate freeze after launch
To be specific, shows up as playstation 2 disc, click it in xmb, hard freeze for system.
Went to try same with Modman, shows up with full title this time, reboots me to xmb, click it, same hard freeze
went to try iso file from irisman and mod man, reboots me to xmb, click it, same hard freeze. Can rip disc still.

basically no ps2 games work.
I'm on a ferrox 4.80 is it a known issue with that cfw? Has some kind of cobra config taken over and hosed me (I've never even bothered to try to understand cobra, given that I have this model)? Ps1 games and ps3 games work fine from disc and hdd

Switch to rebug. PS2 BC works perfect on that. If you are getting system freezes, and the games are playing from official discs; it would either be firmware so change to rebug and try again or the system just getting old and freezing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.