Hardware Something has gone horribly HORRIBLY wrong with my gamepad!

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Okay this just happened out of nowhere, I had my Wii U on while sorting out some stuff in the web browser. I then turned off my Wii U, left my gamepad on a table (it didn't get knocked off or anything like that), came back 5 minutes later, turned on my gamepad and now this has happened out of nowhere:
WIN_20160506_19_43_07_Pro.jpg
These weird faded grey lines move around on the screen when the colour changes. The gamepad fuctions perfectly except for this weird problem. I've tried turning the gamepad on and off in hopes that it was just a weird bug, no luck. Does anyone know if this is easy to fix or is my gamepad screwed? :O

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this just happened out of nowhere, I had my Wii U on while sorting out some stuff in the web browser. I then turned off my Wii U, left my gamepad on a table (it didn't get knocked off or anything like that), came back 5 minutes later, turned on my gamepad and now this has happened out of nowhere:
View attachment 48162
These weird faded grey lines move around on the screen when the colour changes. The gamepad fuctions perfectly except for this weird problem. I've tried turning the gamepad on and off in hopes that it was just a weird bug, no luck. Does anyone know if this is easy to fix or is my gamepad screwed? :O
check for loose ribbon cables inside the gamepd?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm just confused why you have the Splatoon demo when you have the full version as well...
It's the Testfire from August, I don't wanna delete it for reasons even though it's unplayable ; o ; (don't judge me pls)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just switched the gamepad on right now after leaving it charging all night and it seems the grey lines aren't as bad as they were yesterday. Charging it won't be doing anything to fix it anyways. I'll be busting it open soon to see what's wrong anyways.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the Testfire from August, I don't wanna delete it for reasons even though it's unplayable ; o ; (don't judge me pls)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just switched the gamepad on right now after leaving it charging all night and it seems the grey lines aren't as bad as they were yesterday. Charging it won't be doing anything to fix it anyways. I'll be busting it open soon to see what's wrong anyways.
It's screen burn in, the pad was on for a very long time without being off

Run this video max brightness

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't look like any burn-in I've ever seen. If it was burn-in it'd be more recognizable but this just looks like a broken LCD screen.
It looks like a dark burn almost like something was on top of it generating heat i've only seen 1 person with a 3DS have something very similar they said it was left on in dev menu open for roughly 24 hours and it had the same type of dark burn. The video helped but did not fix it completely.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
owhh man that looks awful, reminds me of my bad luck with my phone and now even tv.

except that yours looks far.. worse.
you sure you never dropped it?

Screen burn in is from old CRT monitors and televisions... LCD can't get burn in..

man i have bought a new LG LED tv , its a 47lb650V fantastic looking flat screen TV, but it has so much cloud in the screen its awful.

when i move the camera in games it looks like the image is somewhat stutttering in a way.. picture quality is amazing.

but there is that backlight bleed which is so ugly when you have OCD like me you will spot it easily when you move the camera around in games.

plus i even have every image proccessing effects turned off, but that ugly bleed is still there.

i have bad luck with my tech stuff , had a vita like that, now a nexus 6 (using it with a defect in screen)

It's screen burn in, the pad was on for a very long time without being off

Run this video max brightness

would this work for my TV ?? i would want to try this..

i have awful picture bleeding on my 1 month old TV :( i love the TV it has a fantastic image quality !

but.. only when it is Static !! as soon as things move around on the TV e.g when i watch Football and the camera moves around alot i see it so clearly.

it is like some kind of cloud thing, i do not know how to explain , it does not f** up the image quality BUT it kills me cause i have OCD i can see the image kind of bleeding.. like it moves i dont know how to explain.

also in video games, in certain video games when i move the camera i can see in the background kind of cloudy movements.. like bleed effect.

and i have every single damn picture processing option turned off, and i still see that ugly stuff!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/fg0HgIfeTek?si=ZJvy5PZpS9BhklLm