Someone Please Help, CleanRip v1.0.4

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by BassKing069, Jul 18, 2011.

Jul 18, 2011
    • Newcomer

BassKing069 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok, I just started trying to rip my wii games for use with the Dolphin Emulator for PC. I spent a couple hours trying many, many different Wii disc backup homebrew apps, and the only one my Homebrew Channel would load is CleanRip. My Homebrew channel is 1.0.8 IOS58 v24.32. I tried ripping Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with two different configuration settings:

1) Dual Layer: NO
    Part size: 1GB
    New driver per part: NO

2) Dual Layer: NO
    Part Size: MAX
    New drive per part: NO

When i use the first configuration, everything rips and I am left with a game in 5 parts. I tried combining them using PowerISO, MagicISO and Daemon Tools. When I tried to open the first part of the game in order to put the files from the other partitions into the first iso, it said the disc was either an incorrect format or corrupt.

When I use the second configuration, I get an iso in one part. It will run in the Dolphin Emulator, but it shortly crashes. However, when I am ripping it using CleanRip, it stops somewhere round 95% (not staring at a screen for 20mins so its estimated) and it says that there has been a write error and its closing in 10secs.

I've been at this for 7hours, and finally decided to seek outside help, can someone PLEASE help me? Either a new configuration to use, new ripping app to use, how to make my configs work, ANYTHING!!! PLEASE!!!

Badablek New Member

Message Count:
    France
    you are trying to write a 4.3GB iso on a FAT32 paritition...it can't work...
    (95% of 4.3GB is approximatively the limit size of FAT32 partitions : 4GB, so I think i'm right)

use a NTFS drive, and it will rip everything in one shot, on a single file, that will load perfectly with Dolphin. I have already dump all my games on a NTFS partition with CleanRip 1.0.4, without any read error.
    • Newcomer

BassKing069 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have yet to use an NTFS drive to rip wii games, but i have all of the parts from my FAT32 usb stick, and I can't seem to merge them in the command prompt. I copied them into my USER folder on my pc, and they are as follows:

RFEE01.part0.iso, RFEE01.part1.iso, etc to part 4

In the command prompt window, it comes up with "C:\Users\[Me]>"

Then I typed the code in C:\Users\[Me]>copy RFEE01.part0.iso + RFEE01.part1.iso + RFEE01.part2.iso + RFEE01.part3.iso + RFEE01.part4.iso myfullwiidump.iso
    and I got a file that was only 400kb in size, what am I doing wrong?

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Message Count:
    United States
    No spaces between the +'s.

"copy /b x.xxx+x.xxx+x.xxx+x.xxx+x.xxx fullgame.iso"

Without quotes, of course.
    d4mation and Hielkenator like this.
    • Newcomer

BassKing069 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    FINALLY! Thanks man, its all working

Clairjoe New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    sorry i know this is an old post but i am too having difficulty. when i try using command prompt i get an error that says access denied. So i tried formating my 32 gb flashdrive to NTFS and then i get an error right as i hit a to start it "failed to create XXXX.XXX exiting in 5 seconds" can somebody help me?

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Message Count:
    United States
    You get that error if you try to merge the files right from the flash drive.
    Copy the parts to anywhere on the hard drive, then merge. It'll work fine.

SPONSORED LINKS