Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Simple concept, the stylist for the new 3ds should have the ability for you unscrew maybe the tip or the part that takes off the back plate to reveal a small screw driver. This way you can easily remove the backplate on the go.

So if anyone is looking for a good accessory idea or wants to pitch it to nintendo let me know when they are in production :rolleyes:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Simple concept, the stylist for the new 3ds should have the ability for you unscrew maybe the tip or the part that takes off the back plate to reveal a small screw driver. This way you can easily remove the backplate on the go.

So if anyone is looking for a good accessory idea or wants to pitch it to nintendo let me know when they are in production :rolleyes:
Someone with a 3D printer could print some up :D
Actually you don't really need the screws screwed in, I've seen several people mention that they just unscrew the screws so they can remove the backplate easily. Not sure how easy it would be for it to come off by accident, I imagine it wouldn't take much and I'd hate to lose my backplate somewhere so I've been hesitant to do that, but apparently it doesn't just fall out like you might think.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Someone with a 3D printer could print some up :D
Actually you don't really need the screws screwed in, I've seen several people mention that they just unscrew the screws so they can remove the backplate easily. Not sure how easy it would be for it to come off by accident, I imagine it wouldn't take much and I'd hate to lose my backplate somewhere so I've been hesitant to do that, but apparently it doesn't just fall out like you might think.

Hem.... 3d printer you say. I think I know someone at Cal-Tech with access to one who might also be interested.

I am in the same boat as you I know it pops in without screws I just don't trust it

D

Deleted-355425

Hem.... 3d printer you say. I think I know someone at Cal-Tech with access to one who might also be interested.

I am in the same boat as you I know it pops in without screws I just don't trust it

It wouldn't work, the Screwdriver head would be damaged very easily.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My school is actually lucky enough to have some makerbots, sounds easy enough to do in CAD...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It wouldn't work, the Screwdriver head would be damaged very easily.
That's true enough, but just as long as you only screw the screws loosely in it should last a long time.
Hell people have even made screws out of plastic :P I really like the idea of being able to 3D print every part a project needs.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you invent a new one, you should realize that it's a stylus.

Also why do you need to remove the backplate 'on the go'?

gempugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup you got me there, I can't spell for shit. Hope you feel better about yourself for pointing that out :D
No, the guy I agreed with pointed it out. Don't bother about pitching anything for production when you can't even take it seriously and make stupid mistakes like this that confuse people that might even have the potential to be an interested candidate in the idea. By the way, have a look at this: http://www.keysfactory.co.jp/products/new3dsll/plb/index.html
Your 'idea' already existed and I think it's not made in the same size of the regular stylus that may slide in because it might not be as durable and breaks easily at the screwing section due to the cramped construction.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Before you invent a new one, you should realize that it's a stylus.

Also why do you need to remove the backplate 'on the go'?
Probably not so much on the go as much as always having a suitable screwdriver on hand, since you have to remove the back plate to access the new3DS micro SD.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you don't go buy a small screwdriver, small for on-the-go. But why do you need to change the sd card when you're in on-the-go mode? I've had my 3DS on-the-go before and never found the urge to change the sd card in it.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not a person can spell doesn't mean they can't create something cool and useful for others It's irrelevant.

and I'm sure all you haters realized what he was talking about. Damn let's be real it's a typo. As if none of y'all ever made a mistake before. HAH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y