HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
OP
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
So basically i have been hearing a lot of problems the wii u has, one of them is the red-blue light of death, and the controller connectivity, i'm planning to get one wii u, but i want to know if newer consoles had fixed that or they still have those problems.

i have heard the red-blue light of death an be fixed by removing the clock battery, so i don't really care much about that one (since i assume it was a software error).

Please clear my mind xD

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never heard of the red blue light of death thing. But my Wii U has had the occasional connection problem. A quick reset and the RARE battery removal of the gamepad fixes this for me. It's rare to have connection issues for me though, and I use my Wii U all the time (for Netflix and such... but still!)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh what the hell is the red-blue light of death? I've never experienced that at all.

As for connectivity issues, it only happens if you stray too far off from the console itself. It can go up to about 30 feet if the path is clear.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Red-blue light of death (I just call in blinking light of death) is basically you couldn't turn Wii U on. If it does happen (rare) then simply give Nintendo a call to replace the unit.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
MY son can play his wiiu in his bedroom with te console in the lounge which is in distance around 4 metres through the roof. If i walk into the kitchen with the pad approx 3 metres from wiiu through a door way i lose all connection, Mental.. but not a problem i dont wanna play in the kitchen :)

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had the console crashing a couple of times and the controller losing connection two or three times. But it's nothing to be worried about. Generally the connection with the gamepad is fine, and the crashes are no more than on an Xbox 360.

AzureuzZetsunai

HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
OP
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
ok thank you all for answering my questions :D
so, just the gamepad connectivity is really an issue, but as some of you said i can give a call to nintendo.
GOOD!

as a final thought i will buy it with no worries.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any of these problems having my console for less than a week.

My Wiimotes usually connect intantly even though I had been having difficulties on the old Wii with them. Yesterday I did have one that took a little more work for the first time, the 4th player took around 30 seconds and a few sync button presses before it finally connected. That was the first and only time my controller didn't connect instantly.

The game pad has always connected.

The only issue I have had was trying out the youtube app/channel from the menu. It doesn't work. It froze my console once. Don't use it. You tube works incredibly well from the browser so there is no need for it.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had one since launch. Few freezes where I had to pull the plug, but otherwise no real issues. Lost gamepad connection once when the battery was low, reconnected right up when it was plugged in.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my nephew brought over his wii motion plus controller. It's a very new one that has it built in and has the sync button accessible with the battery cover on. It's the one that came bundled with his wii so I know it's an official controller.

His controller works like crap. Constant connection problems and buttons not working. Can't use it. Disappointing since I only have 2 motion plus for multiplayer nintendo land.

Strangely the controller only has issues in nintendo land and not in nsmbu.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, you should only need motion plus on two of the games (Zelda, Metroid) so you can do 2 or 3 player (1 Gamepad + 2 WiiMotionPlus) on those games and up to 5 on the rest of the multiplayer.

If you have any obstructions around the Wii U (metal, electronics) try moving away from them to see if it helps out. I had issues with the gampad once due to having the old Wii on top (from the transfer) and also had some issues with my WiiMote+ at a friends house.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we were able to play plenty of games still and one of my nephews didn't even want to play Metroid blast so it wasn't a problem.

It was a weird problem but I think it may have been a battery problem. Strangely the controller was not reporting low battery and it was working fine in NSMBU, and it was strange that it worked but would not register button presses and had connection problems while the controller was still on, but the next morning the batteries died. It had alkaline batteries and when I put some of my fully charged NimH batteries I was able to play Nintendoland with out problems.

Perhaps the motion plus features put a different demand on the battery that was causing the weird issues.

BigDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my sons completely disassembled motherboard in hand looking for broken/ burnt solder points anything disconnected, overheated or anything possibly physically wrong any ideas before we scrap it ?

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have my sons completely disassembled motherboard in hand looking for broken/ burnt solder points anything disconnected, overheated or anything possibly physically wrong any ideas before we scrap it ?
Please don't bump 7 year old threads and create a new one for you problem. Thanks

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte