Homebrew Some type of "screen burn" ?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing F-Zero GP on my 3ds using the Gameboy advanced virtual console cia, I was just playing the game as normal but I noticed some type of "burn" I guess from playing the game, more specifically one of the map displays of the game in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

But this is the even weirder part, I went ahead and backed up my current nand (with the stage in the top left corner.) and then re-installed my old nand, which fixed the weird burn and then I installed the nand I just backed up and some how that weird burn was gone as if it never happened.

Is this normal with GBA "Custom" virtual console games, because I keep playing the game and this same scenario keeps re-occurring.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got some uhhh, large vignetting from running Devmenu (mostly white screen) all night in a relatively hot place (I literally slept on it), but it was gone by that evening (having spent the day in standby mode for the step counter)

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait nevermind I see why, the color burn is probably from the constant flashing of the map along with the white fog on maps like Mist-Flow and that seems to be the only map I ever really see on the screen, that sucks :/.
I'm not sure if its temporary or permeate if you don't want to do the nand backup but that's one way to fix those problems.

As of a fix, well that's the only thing I can think of or waiting for it to just go away.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not screen burn-in if it's going away with a NAND restore.... I'd say the game is just corrupting the display when it's run, for whatever reason. It's extremely rare for software to damage physical hardware.

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was playing F-Zero GP on my 3ds using the Gameboy advanced virtual console cia, I was just playing the game as normal but I noticed some type of "burn" I guess from playing the game, more specifically one of the map displays of the game in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

But this is the even weirder part, I went ahead and backed up my current nand (with the stage in the top left corner.) and then re-installed my old nand, which fixed the weird burn and then I installed the nand I just backed up and some how that weird burn was gone as if it never happened.

Is this normal with GBA "Custom" virtual console games, because I keep playing the game and this same scenario keeps re-occurring.
nop isnt possibel becose the 3ds doesnt have the crt model for new model. the burn screen is only for plasma televions and very 80 tv like vhs. ips has the advance tech like tn and also liquid crystals that dont freeze.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nop isnt possibel becose the 3ds doesnt have the crt model for new model. the burn screen is only for plasma televions and very 80 tv like vhs. ips has the advance tech like tn and also liquid crystals that dont freeze.
I can probably take a picture of it later if it shows up well enough on camera, when taking a screenshot you can literally see nothing on the screen.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

No, LCD screens can definitely have a form of burn-in. Fortunately it can be fixed by using a stuck pixel fixer homebrew which works by turning the screen all one color and then rapidly cycling between different colors. I know there is DS mode homebrew for that (which should work fine in twloader) but I don't know if there is anything specific for the 3ds.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option in the gba inject program to stop that.
Read this post
https://gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/page-7#post-6434187
Dude thank you, your a total life savor. I set the game ghosting to "Average" (Which I think is the more-official ghosting/motion blur for regular Gameboy advanced games.) And I can see a lot less frequent erm "burns"
The only downside I can see from this is that you won't feel like your blazing down the streets like in most F-Zero games unfortunately due to motion blur (I actually prefer no ghosting at all.). But the trade off is your LCD doesn't get screwed up from the bottom left hand corner map.

Reactions: Columbo2811

IHaveABurnInNow

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Having the exact same problem, was playing F-Zero GP on my Lenovo Vibe K5 and after closing the emulator I noticed the game left a map burn-in mark on my display on the bottom left corner. Don't know why the map blinks so frenetically, LMAO, I have a burn-in now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome