Gaming Some things to get excited about

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dragon quest XI looking good, will definitely be getting it for switch over ps4 for portability, that dog game looked interesting too.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Puyo Puyo Tetris real bad. I'm done paying for PS plus so I don't want it on my PS4. I bought Zelda on Wii U and don't want the Switch yet. I looked at the 3ds english translation but I still would like an official 3ds release. Or on steam? Dangyert. Thousands of games and this is one of few I really want to play right now. I know the japanese menus are easy enough to navigate but still. Hoping someone would 100% translate it on 3ds but that thread is dead. COME ON GUYS!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Rime
Yooka-Laylee
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
The Sacred Hero
Seasons of Heaven
Super Bomberman R
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania
Shin Megami Tensei V

saved you approximately 17 minutes and 11 seconds

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want Puyo Puyo Tetris real bad. I'm done paying for PS plus so I don't want it on my PS4. I bought Zelda on Wii U and don't want the Switch yet. I looked at the 3ds english translation but I still would like an official 3ds release. Or on steam? Dangyert. Thousands of games and this is one of few I really want to play right now. I know the japanese menus are easy enough to navigate but still. Hoping someone would 100% translate it on 3ds but that thread is dead. COME ON GUYS!
Translate it yourself with google translate phone camera app, it translates in real time.
A NA release is imminent.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I'm excited for: Zelda (already out, but still excited by the game haha), MK8Deluxe, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Super Mario Odyseey, Fire Emblem Switch, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2, Yooka-Laylee, Stardew Valley, and Sonic Mania.
And then games not yet confirmed, but I'm excited for by the possibility: Smash for the Switch (almost certainly going to happen), Pikmin 4 (been rumored, wouldn't surprise me if we see this given the success that 3 actually was), Rocket League (they say they're looking into it), Overwatch (they said it'd be challenging to accomplish, but that they're considering it), GTA V (probably not going to happen, but so would love to be able to play this game on the go or at home), Monster Hunter Switch (I'm certain Monster Hunter will release a title for the Switch at some point, would be shocked if it doesn't receive one), Rune Factory 5 (I hope this gets made, but I'm a little worried that the series may be dead after the developer went bankrupt, however supposedly the team was all hired by Marvelous right after they had filed for bankruptcy, so I think it potentially could still come, but time will tell on this one), Pokemon Stars (I don't like that rumored name, would prefer it to be Eclipse or something like that, but a core pokemon game for the system could be amazing).

I'm sure there are others, but that's all that immediately jumps to my mind.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translate it yourself with google translate phone camera app, it translates in real time.
A NA release is imminent.

I've been thinking about this too. They'll give it some time on the Switch before they release it for 3DS in the US. One can hope.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is what I'm excited for: Zelda (already out, but still excited by the game haha), MK8Deluxe, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Super Mario Odyseey, Fire Emblem Switch, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2, Yooka-Laylee, Stardew Valley, and Sonic Mania.
And then games not yet confirmed, but I'm excited for by the possibility: Smash for the Switch (almost certainly going to happen), Pikmin 4 (been rumored, wouldn't surprise me if we see this given the success that 3 actually was), Rocket League (they say they're looking into it), Overwatch (they said it'd be challenging to accomplish, but that they're considering it), GTA V (probably not going to happen, but so would love to be able to play this game on the go or at home), Monster Hunter Switch (I'm certain Monster Hunter will release a title for the Switch at some point, would be shocked if it doesn't receive one), Rune Factory 5 (I hope this gets made, but I'm a little worried that the series may be dead after the developer went bankrupt, however supposedly the team was all hired by Marvelous right after they had filed for bankruptcy, so I think it potentially could still come, but time will tell on this one), Pokemon Stars (I don't like that rumored name, would prefer it to be Eclipse or something like that, but a core pokemon game for the system could be amazing).

I'm sure there are others, but that's all that immediately jumps to my mind.
I'd love a new Rune Factory, Frontier is my favourite Wii game I've not quite got round to playing much of 4 yet.

A new Monster Hunter on Switch would also be amazing, maybe after XX.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love a new Rune Factory, Frontier is my favourite Wii game I've not quite got round to playing much of 4 yet.

I loved Frontier as well, but I have to say that I liked 4 even more, I highly recommend it if you want to sink a lot of time in a game like Frontier again. It felt like it really addressed all the little nitpicks that I had with Frontier, plus I thought the 3D effect looked really nice for the series.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank youuuuu
Just to put this into perspective (not you frogboy, but in general)

The games crossed out are not exclusive to the switch:

Breath of the Wild - Its already out so I suggest going and getting a copy instead of watching videos and getting excited about it. Also playable on the wii u. From what I understand, its a 6 of one, half dozen of the other in terms of how it runs, so telling me its better on the switch does not count as a valid arguement.
Rime
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
* Not really sure where this one falls. Depends on your definition of "exclusive". I say no, because you can basically already play this on a wii u.
The Sacred Hero
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania

So in terms of Switch :switch: exclusives, you are left with this:
Super Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Seasons of Heaven
Super Bomberman R
Splatoon 2
Shin Megami Tensei V

Again, just to put things into perspective

Sorry to be such a downer but
Rune Factory Wikipedia page said:
Rune Factory 5 was said to be expected at "some point in time", according to series producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto.[7] In November 2013 Neverland Co. filed for bankruptcy, leaving the future of the series in question at the time.[8] However, in February 2014 it was revealed that the Rune Factory development team had been hired by Marvelous AQL, and that they were developing the Nintendo 3DS simulation role-playing video game Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven.

Last edited by BORTZ,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Breath of the Wild - Its already out so I suggest going and getting a copy instead of watching videos and getting excited about it. Also playable on the wii u. From what I understand, its a 6 of one, half dozen of the other in terms of how it runs, so telling me its better on the switch does not count as a valid arguement.
Rime
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
* Not really sure where this one falls. Depends on your definition of "exclusive". I say no, because you can basically already play this on a wii u.
The Sacred Hero
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania

Super Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Seasons of Heaven
Super Bomberman R
Splatoon 2
Shin Megami Tensei V

This is ultimately true. The list of true exclusives is rather short for the first year. Really off putting from a consumer point of view. However, I'm excited for what's coming. Why? Well, I skipped the WiiU. It just didn't have what I was looking for in a console. It had some good games.. But nothing enticing enough to deal with the Gamepad.

Granted the Switch is just a WiiU v2. At least, in my opinion it is. So, these games are something I have to look forward to. Just my thoughts.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rime
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
The Sacred Hero
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania

Super Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Seasons of Heaven
Super Bomberman R
Splatoon 2
Shin Megami Tensei V

I'm liking that there are some non exclusive titles on that list, DQXI for example I'm definitely going to pick up for my Switch over my PS4 so I can literally play it constantly, even when the missus/kids are tv hogging.

I just hope the non exclusives keep coming, I'm used to Nintendo exclusives but it's been a fair while since we've had options on what platform to buy regarding our Nintendo consoles.

The fact that those non exclusives are portable makes them far more enticing for me on Switch than PS4, I will take a hit on graphics because on a smaller screen games can often look fantastic.

@BORTZ Yeah I had heard that the Rune Factory team had been moved on and that 5 was unlikely to happen, I hadn't heard of their new (now old) project though so cheers for bringing that one to my attention I'm going to try that out.

@duffmmann I really liked what I played of 4, it felt like it had some real QoL adjustment over Frontier. Going back to it after the Switch 'newness' has worn off. Shame we may never see 5 though.

Last edited by Risingdawn,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rime
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
The Sacred Hero
Sonic Forces
Sonic Mania

Super Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Seasons of Heaven
Super Bomberman R
Splatoon 2
Shin Megami Tensei V

Sorry to be such a downer but

Unfortunate but true. Better to get hit with reality in the face before getting your hopes crushed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?