Hacking Some questions on CFW & NAND backup/restore

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i have a 3DS XL on 11.0.0-33E and am thinking of putting CFW on it just have a couple questions mostly on the nand backup/restore.

So after getting B9S/GodMode9 and such on it and then doing a sysnand backup i can later downgrade if i want from latest CFW back to the vanilla 11.0.0-33E via nand backup and have no trace of hax on it and will still be able to do the CFW instalation process just fine if i ever wanna go back to it at a later date after it's restored to the vanilla firmware/nand?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a 3DS XL on 11.0.0-33E and am thinking of putting CFW on it just have a couple questions mostly on the nand backup/restore.

So after getting B9S/GodMode9 and such on it and then doing a sysnand backup i can later downgrade if i want from latest CFW back to the vanilla 11.0.0-33E via nand backup and have no trace of hax on it and will still be able to do the CFW instalation process just fine if i ever wanna go back to it at a later date after it's restored to the vanilla firmware/nand?
Restoring a NAND backup on Boot9strap won't remove the hax. It will just revert your system to the state/firmware it was in/on when you created the backup. You'd have to manually uninstall Boot9Strap by following the section of the guide to get a "vanilla" system again.

If you DID remove Boot9Strap for whatever reason, you can always reinstall it for free on firmwares 11.3 or lower. Otherwise, you'll need 3rd party hardware or another hacked 3DS.

Reactions: shano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone