Hacking Some questions about softmodding PS3

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an 80gb PS3 and am going to mod it soon with my Motorola droid. I have some questions before I get started.

1. The firmware that is currently installed is 3.01. Do I have to update to 3.41 to mod my ps3? If so how do I do this because I do not want to update to the latest firmware?

2. When I do install the required files on my droid and then to the PS3 how do I install gaja manager with Hermes payload?

3. With a game that I own that will be JB how do i install it to the internal HD? I plan on putting something bigger inside in the near future.

Thanks in Advance for anwsering my questions
yay.gif

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do a google search for the 3.41 firmware and install it from a flash drive.

There's a sticky on top look up Motorola Droid and follow the guide: Link

For the Gaia Manager search for the latest version and put the pkg file on the root of a flashdrive and install it. (on jb mode)

Installing games is pretty easy as well just use the manager.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*Yes a storage device

First update to 3.41 (you can use other firmwares, but i have not done it. search it if you want more info on that)
Then jailbreak (droid thing)
and then you'll be able to install pkg files.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cmurda187 said:
So for a flash drive you mean like Usb stick or something else. DO I do this first before installing the droid exploit?
1- Yes
2- Yes
3- You did not asked but if I (maybe just me) would upgrade only to 3.15 if you still want to keep OtherOS option.
PSgroove(the name of the softmod) has increased compatibility of games so most games will work on 3.15 I think.
You can still go at 3.41 later if youre not satisfied with 3.15 but not the opposite
wink.gif

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
Cmurda187 said:
So for a flash drive you mean like Usb stick or something else. DO I do this first before installing the droid exploit?
1- Yes
2- Yes
3- You did not asked but if I (maybe just me) would upgrade only to 3.15 if you still want to keep OtherOS option.
PSgroove(the name of the softmod) has increased compatibility of games so most games will work on 3.15 I think.
You can still go at 3.41 later if youre not satisfied with 3.15 but not the opposite
wink.gif
There isn't any point now, as you can use asbestOS with 3.41 and have the extra game compatability ect.

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the 3.41 update but how do I make sure its the right one? I mean I don't want to accidently update to 3.5 or something.

Edit : I put the update on my flash drive but the ps3 says no applicable update found.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cmurda187 said:
So I got the 3.41 update but how do I make sure its the right one? I mean I don't want to accidently update to 3.5 or something.

Edit : I put the update on my flash drive but the ps3 says no applicable update found.

Is it on the update folder? Make a PS3 folder on the root of the flashdrive, then open it and make an UPDATE folder. Put the 3.41 firmware there.

*root of flashdrive*/ PS3/UPDATE/

*Name folders in CAPS

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok its not working when I try load the freedom-droid . zip. when my phone boots back up it still allows me to make calls. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong? I followed the guide to the tee but its not working. A little help please.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cmurda187 said:
Ok its not working when I try load the freedom-droid . zip. when my phone boots back up it still allows me to make calls. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong? I followed the guide to the tee but its not working. A little help please.
I have not used this method, so I can't help you figure out what you did wrong.
Maybe this will help you:

Check the description of the video
There are many other videos and tutorials online, check them out.

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing i noticed about the video is the kernel is a little different from mine. the first numbers are the same but after the dash its a little different. Still can get it to work. If anyone has modded their PS# with moto droid please pm me.

Edit: I ended up using psfMod to JB my ps3. It worked because now I have two folders in the XMB. I take it the install package is for the Backup loaders. The other is for the games? Correct? My only concern is about the payload. How do I know if it is on there correctly? I used the new one 3.41 with PSN and 3.50 spoofing. There were three different files when I unpacked the download and wasn't sure which one to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup