Hacking Some Questions about preventing Bricks and getting Emulators on the Vita...

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Guys,

Will I end up in bricking when I install Games from different Regions ?
Is it like on the N3DS that Henkaku patches the Firmware ?
Is there a A9LH for PSVita ? (I am new to Vita hacking :/)
Is there a N64 Emu :d ? (I can't find one :/)
Is there any full Tutorial on How to "hack" the Vita completely ? (with upgrade to 3.60)(already read this Tutorial)(a Video ?)(like 3ds.guide from Plailect ?)
How else can I brick my Vita ?

Hopefully I don't sound rude or anything like that :/

Thank in Advance

Lucas

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1. The Vita is region free, so you'll never brick your Vita that way. The only time you'll actually get bricked is if you do something really really stupid, like deleting something in the NAND that's required by the system or downloading a very obvious bricker game.
2. Not exactly. The hack isn't permanently saved anywhere and has to be run on boot every single time. You can install an offline installer so you don't have to go online all the time.
3. No. See #3.
4. Native Vita, nothing that runs well. PSP mode had Daedalus which runs some games ok, but most are a bit laggy.
5. You shouldn't need any "guide" as you literally just launch a website and that's it, you're hacked.
6. See #1.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The most important things I can remember are:
- When your device is hacked via http://henkaku.xyz, VitaShell is installed. It's the PS Vita homebrew file manager.
- You install homebrew programs (VPK packages) with VitaShell. If you don't see a pop up which says the program is unsafe, there is absolutely no known way to brick your device, the software won't have access to restricted operations like RW mounting of system partitions.
- When you download stuff like pirated games (which is legal if you live in Iran or North Korea), you might get some nasty stuff, so double check your sources.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I got it working but how can I install Updates ? :d
and I want to move some Games to ur0 but the Game (Rayman Legends) keeps giving me an Error a fix would be to make the Game to a System App but how ?
I already searched on Google but I found for both Themes nothing :/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by updates? If game updates, you have to get the updates from the same place you get the "backups". You can't download updates from PSN anymore, since PSN spoofing broke.

If you mean firmware updates, don't download them period. Henkaku only works on 3.60, 3.61 and above will break the hack and you'll never be able to downgrade.

As for your ur0 question, you have to move the game's app folder from ux0 to ur0 in the same directory structure, and then edit the app.db to point to the ur0 location. HOWEVER, all games in ur0 CANNOT save properly, so if you're going to do that you have to be aware you'll never be able to save.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found out that setting the application as gda makes it able to use internal storage for savedata, but I don't know about all the consequences so I'm not gonna add it in the app yet. You can try that on your own if you want but only if you know what you're doing.
(source)
Thats the Reason why I thought I could move Rayman and some other Games to ur0: (Rayman isn't starting -.-)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I found out that setting the application as gda makes it able to use internal storage for savedata, but I don't know about all the consequences so I'm not gonna add it in the app yet. You can try that on your own if you want but only if you know what you're doing.
(source)
Thats the Reason why I thought I could move Rayman and some other Games to ur0: (Rayman isn't starting -.-)
Changing the app to gda is done in the app.db as well, it's in one of the categories when you're editing the app itself. But, as that thread mentioned, nobody knows what doing that would end up doing to the system.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time you'll actually get bricked is if you do something really really stupid, like deleting something in the NAND that's required by the system or downloading a very obvious bricker game.
Was is true that someone made it possibe to scan for malicious VPK before trying to install to prevent potential bricks or was that just my imagination?:ninja:

If op really wants emulators, i recommend the PSP emulators like picodrive, Nesterj and masteboy/emumaster, and some others. The PSP emulators i found aren't that much impressive, Genesis plus can't use save states, and has very limited options and bad sound quality issues, but plays Genesis, SMS and GG games at 60 FPS, the Genesis doesn't support 6buttons and is just not good at the time, especially since the last release was the day henkaku went live. Not really a fan of retro arch but you could try.

The psp emulators are 10 work of developement to make sure it as accurate as possible on psp, and most of them are, so until a psvita emulator dedication homebrew is started, i would use those. You would need a psp game or demo from playstation store to install either the adrenaline (Full working psp inside vita) or VHBL, as either can play homebrew. The best part is the VHBL can work without henkaku active so you can still play your emulators even without needing the henkaku, but you will need it for adrenaline, so maybe just never shutdown your system, you can also just use the offline installer. Be warned though, it could take a few tries to load it as it always had this problem.:ninja:

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was is true that someone made it possibe to scan for malicious VPK before trying to install to prevent potential bricks or was that just my imagination?:ninja:

If op really wants emulators, i recommend the PSP emulators like picodrive, Nesterj and masteboy/emumaster, and some others. The PSP emulators i found aren't that much impressive, Genesis plus can't use save states, and has very limited options and bad sound quality issues, but plays Genesis, SMS and GG games at 60 FPS, the Genesis doesn't support 6buttons and is just not good at the time, especially since the last release was the day henkaku went live. Not really a fan of retro arch but you could try.

The psp emulators are 10 work of developement to make sure it as accurate as possible on psp, and most of them are, so until a psvita emulator dedication homebrew is started, i would use those. You would need a psp game or demo from playstation store to install either the adrenaline (Full working psp inside vita) or VHBL, as either can play homebrew. The best part is the VHBL can work without henkaku active so you can still play your emulators even without needing the henkaku, but you will need it for adrenaline, so maybe just never shutdown your system, you can also just use the offline installer. Be warned though, it could take a few tries to load it as it always had this problem.:ninja:
Already got Adrenaline installed ^^

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already got Adrenaline installed ^^
Okay then, well nice. Still i suggest the psp emulators over the PSvita current ones. So if you want emulators, you should maybe be able to find them on that wololo.net :)

Of course you need to use the ftp to transfer them and the roms, which i hope aren't a lot, my ftp does like less than 100KB/S which is sad, i dunno why or how to fix cause my router is decent for AC1750 and having over 50MBPS download speed and 25 Upload. :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple