SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have two questions about gateway 3DS:

1. There is an potion in gateway to "BACKUP 3DS SAVEGAME" and "RESTORE 3DS SAVEGAME". The save goes to and from SD card. Can I use this option to backup and restore saves from DS (not 3DS) games? If no, are there other options to do that with DS games?
2. About inject a header thing. This header can be from any 3DS game or a 3DS game with online functionality? And then I can inject it in any other ROM (not necessary the same game) and play online?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) no but there is a tool for that for sure somewhere in the ds HOMEBREW section

2)yes use gateway rom patcher and when patching, using the one legit header you have and it will fix everything for u

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1, idk tbh i haven't tried but i wouldn't think so, there is something called the R4 save dongle which allows you to backup and restore NDS game saves
2,yeah any header from any game will work on another with minor adjustments, look at the how to use scene dumps online thread

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the only way to back up NDS saves without using dongles requires wifi (WEP) and cart swapping (only NDS/NDS Lite).

Ahhhhh...not true. There was actually a program called rain or reign....that worked with card 2 devices like supercard sd. It would let you read/write card 1 saves....loved it in the early days of nds.

Now granted this guy probably doesn't have a slot 2 card buy if he does PM me and I will send your rain.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ahhhhh...not true. There was actually a program called rain or reign....that worked with card 2 devices like supercard sd. It would let you read/write card 1 saves....loved it in the early days of nds.

Now granted this guy probably doesn't have a slot 2 card buy if he does PM me and I will send your rain.
That's even worse, since it would require an NDS plus an old slot 2 device!

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for all the info guys. To sum up all I read here I think that best idea for me would be to buy R4i Save Dongle and use it in this situation. I'm not into buying DS and doing some magic. I got enough of this. I'm looking for easy not complicated way. I just find out that the shop I bought gateway 3DS in has R4i Save Dongles so I probably will go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1