Hacking Some good reasons to install Custom Firmware (CFW)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
free games if that doesnt make u switch im lost in humanity

Believe it or not - not everyone gets CFW in order to pirate games. Like the OP himself (apparently). To put that into perspective .. if CFW was like a flashcart where all it would do is let you play games for free, there would be more people who don't have CFW installed because that's not the feature they want out of CFW.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not - not everyone gets CFW in order to pirate games. Like the OP himself (apparently). To put that into perspective .. if CFW was like a flashcart where all it would do is let you play games for free, there would be more people who don't have CFW installed because that's not the feature they want out of CFW.
:rolleyes:. . . never used moonshell on your r4 i take it

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
:rolleyes:. . . never used moonshell on your r4 i take it

I don't have R4 ... only Supercard DSTWO and Gateway. Frankly I don't know what moonshell is but I'm sure you understand the point I was making nonetheless anyways. CFW opens up a lot of possibilities .. not just piracy.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have R4 ... only Supercard DSTWO and Gateway. Frankly I don't know what moonshell is but I'm sure you understand the point I was making nonetheless anyways. CFW opens up a lot of possibilities .. not just piracy.
it allowed many things like movies on my ds lite . . . . but you had a scds2 and you that gave you cheats and the ability to setup .txt documents (stratagy guides) you can open without closing your ds game ect. . . ds flashcards= more than piracy

Last edited by wormdood,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it allowed many things like movies on my ds lite . . . . but you had a scds2 and you that gave you have cheats and the ability to setup .txt documents (stratagy guides) you can open without closing your ds game ect. . . ds flashcards= more than piracy

Maybe DS flashcarts, but I just said "flashcarts" in general. Honestly when I wrote that I thought of Gateway and Sky3DS (and maybe Sky3DS even more than Gateway) so maybe I should've written those instead but even if flashcarts allow more than piracy, they don't allow nowhere near as much as CFW does. Honestly the post earlier suggested that people would only get CFW for piracy but this is simply untrue.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Maybe DS flashcarts, but I just said "flashcarts" in general. Honestly when I wrote that I thought of Gateway and Sky3DS (and maybe Sky3DS even more than Gateway) so maybe I should've written those instead but even if flashcarts allow more than piracy, they don't allow nowhere near as much as CFW does. Honestly the post earlier suggested that people would only get CFW for piracy but this is simply untrue.
I'm sorry, but due to my OCD I have to point this out.
You used a double negative.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm sorry, but due to my OCD I have to point this out.
You used a double negative.

And? I thought this thread was about CFW and not my grammar? Look at the left side of the site .. Hmm what's that .. is that a Finnish flag you see? Why yes it is. Now take a wild guess whether English is my first language .. Oh you're right, it's not. I think I do a pretty good job despite it being a secondary language .. I really don't need witty remarks about small mistakes I may or may not have.

As far as I'm concerned people just use "OCD" as an excuse when they feel like pointing out something that could otherwise be labeled as rude. And fair enough - I was pretty rude in this thread to you as well so I guess we're even on that department but I don't see what this has to do with this thread.

Last edited by Distrance,

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
And? I thought this thread was about CFW and not my grammar? Look at the left side of the site .. Hmm what's that .. is that a Finnish flag you see? Why yes it is. Now take a wild guess whether English is my first language .. Oh you're right, it's not. I think I do a pretty good job despite it being a secondary language .. I really don't need witty remarks about small mistakes I may or may not have.

As far as I'm concerned people just use "OCD" as an excuse when they feel like pointing out something that could otherwise be labeled as rude.
I never noticed that Finnish flag. I apologize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1