Hacking SOLVED Wood R4i not fitting in my N3DS card slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. It's just like what the title says, my R4i doesn't want to stay in the card slot of my N3DS XL. I tried putting in my Sky3DS and even my old Acekard in the slot, and they fit and stay locked in just fine, but the R4i keeps on ejecting itself out. Is this a normal thing for this cart, or should I contact the seller to exchange it for a replacement?

Edit: Problem solved! I'm going to post quotes from me and Erk on how we made the R4i fit in our N3DS here in the first post so you don't have to go through the trouble of sifting through this thread to find your answer. Hopefully our advice will work for you. Cheers!

Made an account just to post this for you, I just got one of these cards, it will not stay in my N3DS slot either. I managed to make it stay in reliably by pushing hard (not super hard, just harder than you normally would) and wiggling the cartridge. If you push down on the microSD card in the right way, it will *click* and stay locked in. Just try and wiggle it a bit until you get the hang of it, but don't push it crazy hard, would be a shame to damage your N3DS, or the card itself. Good luck and I hope you're playing DS games soon!

Hey there, good sir. I really appreciate you making an account just to help me with my problem. Guess what? Your tip did the trick! You're a genius! What I did was press down on the side where the sticker is while sliding the R4i into the card slot. I would finally hear the click by putting the R4i in this way, but it took a couple of tries to fully secure it. I did this a few more times for consistency, and this technique held up. Thanks a lot! You just brought some happiness in someone's life. :)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. It's just like what the title says, my R4i doesn't want to stay in the card slot of my N3DS XL. I tried putting in my Sky3DS and even my old Acekard in the slot, and they fit and stay locked in just fine, but the R4i keeps on ejecting itself out. Is this a normal thing for this cart, or should I contact the seller to exchange it for a replacement?
Can you post a picture of both sides of the card?

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, mine works fine. I have one of those. :)

Could you please send a picture of you putting it in the 3DS? Lol, I wanna see what happens...

I had trouble with my cartridge slot so I sent it to Nintendo and it got fixed, but before that it was hard to put it in and out of the system...

If you don't hear that "click" something's wrong lol

Reactions: Margen67

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/HqcUqZU

I can push it down some more, but I just wanted to show that it's the R4i that I'm trying to put into the slot in the picture. I can't hear a clicking noise when I push the R4i all the way down, really hard. I can hear the slot click when I put in my Acekard 2i and obviously the Gateway and Sky3DS, as well.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/HqcUqZU

I can push it down some more, but I just wanted to show that it's the R4i that I'm trying to put into the slot in the picture. I can't hear a clicking noise when I push the R4i all the way down, really hard. I can hear the slot click when I put in my Acekard 2i and obviously the Gateway and Sky3DS, as well.

It may not work on the New 3DS due to the new design I assume...

I didn't know that lol

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh... Well, thanks for responding anyway. I was hoping someone who got the N3DS and also has an R4i can shed some light on whether or not they have the same problem as me.

erk_is_my_homeboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just to post this for you, I just got one of these cards, it will not stay in my N3DS slot either. I managed to make it stay in reliably by pushing hard (not super hard, just harder than you normally would) and wiggling the cartridge. If you push down on the microSD card in the right way, it will *click* and stay locked in. Just try and wiggle it a bit until you get the hang of it, but don't push it crazy hard, would be a shame to damage your N3DS, or the card itself. Good luck and I hope you're playing DS games soon!

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, good sir. I really appreciate you making an account just to help me with my problem. Guess what? Your tip did the trick! You're a genius! What I did was press down on the side where the sticker is while sliding the R4i into the card slot. I would finally hear the click by putting the R4i in this way, but it took a couple of tries to fully secure it. I did this a few more times for consistency, and this technique held up. Thanks a lot! You just brought some happiness in someone's life. :)

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same card, and it fits perfectly. You just need to push it all the way in. You should have done some research before making this post.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same card, and it fits perfectly. You just need to push it all the way in. You should have done some research before making this post.
First of all, you should have read this entire thread before posting since the problem was just solved. You would have also known that simply pushing it down all the way was not working for me at all. Erk had the same problem as I did and took it upon himself to go out of his way to make an account just to offer a solution to me, which worked beautifully. God bless this person for helping me out.

Second of all, I have done some research. The closest thing I got was finding a similar thread on this very forum that was posted back last December, but it was unresolved. That doesn't matter now because my issue has been resolved, and hopefully someone will find this thread if they run into the same problem.

Lastly, if you REALLY insist that just pushing it down works, then I can post a video of me doing just that, show the results of trying to push it down as far as I can (spoiler alert: it doesn't work), then show the method I used with Erk's help.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously the card works now, and has been working for many people, myself included, so to come out and make a bold claim that the card doesn't fit without first trying to figure it out yourself, sounds a little premature, don't you think?

Yes, the card does take a little more work to fit, since it was designed pre N3DS, but it does fit, and if you just tried it a little more you'd gotten it to work. Posting that it doesn't fit, gives people wrong impressions.

Your making an issue out of non-issue.

Ten Pound Cow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I giving people the wrong impression? It's a legitimate concern that other people also has/had. Again, I saw another thread with the same problem with having the other flashcarts fit just fine but the R4i keeps popping out, and other posters tried to give the same advice of trying to push the cart all the way in, which still didn't work for the OP and that was it.

You turned it into an issue when the issue has been resolved already, and you should've left it that way so that when someone does have a similar problem to mine, they can reference this thread and try to follow Erk's advice and my slightly modified way of his technique to get their R4i to stay in the card slot of their N3DS.

So once again, if you really want to see me try your method of putting the R4i in my N3DS, I'll be more than happy to show you that simply pushing it down doesn't work. I'm not trying to mislead anyone by saying it doesn't work because it does, but I had to work a little extra hard to make it work.

Reactions: Lucifer666

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your question was perfectly right, and as seen you were not the only one suffering the problem.
It is great you solved it with help from a new member.
Disregard what KSP says, it was a legit issue for you, I don't know what he wants to accomplish with his post.

Reactions: Ten Pound Cow

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your question was perfectly right, and as seen you were not the only one suffering the problem.
It is great you solved it with help from a new member.
Disregard what KSP says, it was a legit issue for you, I don't know what he wants to accomplish with his post.
My point was he made a post about something that could have been solved by simply pressing a little harder on the card, seems a little retarded for a hacking forum.

It's like saying that the PS Vita doesn't work cause you can't find the card slot.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My point was he made a post about something that could have been solved by simply pressing a little harder on the card, seems a little retarded for a hacking forum.

It's like saying that the PS Vita doesn't work cause you can't find the card slot.

That comparison is not appropriate.
If you wish it may be more like you using a non-standard device, like a fake PS Vita memory card, that does not comply with the standard and you must do something weird to make it work, e.g. putting some paper in to push it down.
Of course you may think from the beginning putting some paper in there may do the trick, but after putting so much you think you may actually break the slot, you prefer to go on and ask.
In the end it resulted that you just needed to put some more paper in it (but of course, this unauthorized device is not well designed for the slot and may in the long term cause some damage).
I don't know why I just wrote this convoluted analogy.

What I am trying to say is that it is logical to ask for help in a forum where people should be helpful when you are not sure about what you are doing, specially if you are using something that is not exactly designed for your system with the supervision of the designer of your system.
(There is) No need to be an asshole if someone asks for help.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, analogy, except you don't need paper to make it work. It just works. Like it does for myself and I'm sure thousands of others who own a N3DS and a R4.

Not trying to a dick or anything, but I remember the very beginning of GBAtemp, when it used to be a place where hackers shared scene knowledge. Now it looks like your teaching people how to properly insert game cartridges.

Seems like a digression for every GBAtemp is about.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I remember the very beginning of GBAtemp, when it used to be a place where hackers shared scene knowledge. Now it looks like your teaching people how to properly insert game cartridges.
Seems like a digression for every GBAtemp is about.

Oh well, I have to agree on that. It is kind of sad, but it turned this way long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE