[Solved] O3DS SD card reader specifications?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gaseoso, Mar 17, 2017.

Mar 17, 2017
  1. gaseoso
    OP

Newcomer gaseoso Member

Chile
    Hello, peeps. I've been looking around Google, and also this forum, but I haven't found anything regarding the specifications/pinout of the O3DS SD card reader.

I was looking around for a spare SD card reader for modding purposes, and I remembered I have this destroyed O3DS laying around, and I thought I could use that, so I desoldered it. The problem is that the card reader has 13 pins, and I cannot find any information regarding it. As far as I can tell, it's just a normal SD reader, but I need to know if there are some specifics to it. Here's a pic of what I think the pinout is (relative to the SD card's pins), going by simple observation:

[​IMG]

Anyone knows if this is correct? Can anybody shed some light into the specs of this? Also, what are the last 2 pins for?

Last edited by gaseoso, Mar 17, 2017
  2. proflayton123

Member proflayton123 just another user

United Kingdom
  3. gamesquest1

Member gamesquest1 Nabnut

United Kingdom
    the write protect pins I would imagine

4. gaseoso
    OP

Newcomer gaseoso Member

Chile
    I noticed that the right-most pin seems to be the "sense" pin (the one that notices if the card is inserted). I'm still in the blank regarding the 2nd right-most pin, and I don't want to destroy the reader just to find out lol.

EDIT: You were right. After some experimenting, I came up with the following:

[​IMG]

The two pins I labelled as "s" are write-protection pins. Inserting a card with the tab set to "locked", causes the copper thingy at the right side not to touch the top part, whereas unlocked, it does.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by gaseoso, Mar 17, 2017