Gaming Sold a bunch of Wii U games to get a PS4. Anyone feeling same?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Long story short I've always wanted to just have one console for everything, but with the Wii U I'm now taking the approach of buying another console alongside it (not now, but in the future). Already have a 3DS because Wii U doesn't have enough of the variety I'm looking for (but the games it does have are awesome).

I let go of some gems too, like Zelda Wind Waker HD and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The usual stuff as well, like Wii Party U, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, and a few others. Selling these games didn't feel as bad as I thought it would.

Anyone feeling same? I really want a good racing game (and I'm sick and tired of the Burnout clone that is Need for Speed Most Wanted). I keep hearing Project CARS is coming, but why buy the inferior version later when I can get the PS4 version, which has a set release date? Not to mention there's also Driveclub.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS4 and Wii U first parties and some third parties (aka bayonetta 2) are a must for me... I currently own a ps3 and a Wii U. I intend to buy a PS4 at christmas' next year. Till there, there will be a lot of good games for ps4 (uncharted 4, project cars, driveclub, the order, a new god of war?)...

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
PS4 and Wii U first parties and some third parties (aka bayonetta 2) are a must for me... I currently own a ps3 and a Wii U. I intend to buy a PS4 at christmas' next year. Till there, there will be a lot of good games for ps4 (uncharted 4, project cars, driveclub, the order, a new god of war?)...

Yeah, that's what I'm probably going to do. Just bought Bayonetta 1+2 for Wii U. Like I said the games the Wii U has are awesome. Unfortunately, there's not much variety to them. It's always platformer/adventure/action on Wii U. I don't know of any good fighting, racing, or sports games for Wii U. And I keep wanting them, so Wii U alone won't do.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my PS4 about four months after buying a Wii U. And despite spending double on my PS4 bundle compared to the Wii U, I've enjoyed it significantly more than the Wii U. Stuff like TLoU, Infamous, Peggle, Transistor and Velocity 2x have really justified the system. And in those gaems, there's a good variety among them.

That's not saying the Wii U is complete shit but more varied software would be beneficial. SM3DW and MK8 are really really good. I just wished there was more beyond traditional Nintendo like Bayonetta. I've been playing Bayo2 and it's been great, it's a potential GOTY for me. But that's one of two Wii U releases I care about in 2014 (the other is MK8)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If I were to sell Wii U games or w/e then it'd be to get Xbox One w/ Sunset Overdrive.

There's currently nothing in terms of exclusives that PS4 makes me want one.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If I were to sell Wii U games or w/e then it'd be to get Xbox One w/ Sunset Overdrive.

There's currently nothing in terms of exclusives that PS4 makes me want one.

Guilty Gear Xrd for me. :) Not exactly "PS4 exclusive" as it's also coming to PS3, but the PS4 version is the one to get.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason I would buy a PS4 is for the new Silent hills PS4 exclusive game, apart from that I would not waste my hard earned money on one!. I bought a PS3 when they first came out and I thought at first fantastic but really further down the line of owning it I started realize the games were rubbish for it and now it gathers dust in the corner of a room! Xbox 360/One way better m8 in my opinion, if I was you invest in an Xbox One not a PS4 before its too late or sorry have I got it wrong and you have already bought one? also I have a few friends that have bought PS4's thinking the same thing, fantastic a PS4 but they wish they had not and got an Xbox One instead :)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Xbox One is very interesting to me HOWEVER, it literally has no presence in Japan and that's a huge problem for me. I'm mostly in for the JRPGs, arcade fighters, etc. PS4 is a much safer bet regarding such games, even though otherwise I like the Xbox One better right down to the controller. If/When I get the PS4, I'm leaving the DualShock 4 in the package. A good 3rd party controller from Mad Catz, Hori, whatever is a better choice. (I'm sorry, I just can't stand the DualShock 4. Xbox One controller is SO MUCH more comfortable and I've tried both extensively.)

Reactions: elmoemo

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Xbox One is very interesting to me HOWEVER, it literally has no presence in Japan and that's a huge problem for me. I'm mostly in for the JRPGs, arcade fighters, etc. PS4 is a much safer bet regarding such games, even though otherwise I like the Xbox One better right down to the controller. If/When I get the PS4, I'm leaving the DualShock 4 in the package. A good 3rd party controller from Mad Catz, Hori, whatever is a better choice. (I'm sorry, I just can't stand the DualShock 4. Xbox One controller is SO MUCH more comfortable and I've tried both extensively.)

Yeah agreed with you, the PS4 has still got that PS3 controller sucks bad effect, the xbox controller just has that melt in your hands kind of feel!. Goodluck though and I hope you make the rite choice but also of course if its good for you local then that is the best choice for you ;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I tried out the PS4 controller at a GAME store earlier this year while playing Knack (sorta felt like Crash Bandicoot) and from someone who loves the Xbox layout, I've gotta say that the PS4 controller's very comfortable and in that regard I have nothing against it any more. They even fixed the analogue triggers (they're sloppy on the PS3 controller).

There's one specific PS4 exclusive I want: Uncharted 4

It's scheduled for 2015 but if they make it out to be worse than Uncharted 3 then I'm out but if it's better than Uncharted 2 I'm gonna be all over it. lol

Eh, Sony, where's Gran Turismo 7? Oh yeah also planned for 2015. :P Sony's almost catching up with Nintendo's idiotic Mario Kart numbering than actual titles (come on skip 7 and go right to 8, Sony! lol).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah agreed with you, the PS4 has still got that PS3 controller sucks bad effect, the xbox controller just has that melt in your hands kind of feel!. Goodluck though and I hope you make the rite choice but also of course if its good for you local then that is the best choice for you ;)

Thanks! I'll see to it that as soon as either one (PS4 or Xbox One) has more compelling games, I'll pick the better option for me. Who knows, the Xbox 360 enjoyed some exclusives as well like Tales of Vesperia (in Europe/US) and the Cave Shooting Collection (for which I'd do almost anything to get) even though it didn't fare well in Japan. Like I said in my OP, I'm not getting a new console now, but in the future. Need to sell the bad Wii U stuff out of the way first and start saving for real. Don't have excess cash to put into games, so strategic measures must take place. If the damn Wii U had moar games, I wouldn't be in this situation. :/

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the PS4 was always going to be more appealing to gamers because it was blown out of all proportions with its power, they made out it was like way more powerful than the Xbox One and was the most powerful console ever on the market to date also it was Sony and the major draw was the price difference, the PS4 was much cheaper because it never came with a silly Kinect device which put the Xbox One's prices sky high and that had a ripple effect on selling the units.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I'll see to it that as soon as either one (PS4 or Xbox One) has more compelling games, I'll pick the better option for me. Who knows, the Xbox 360 enjoyed some exclusives as well like Tales of Vesperia (in Europe/US) and the Cave Shooting Collection (for which I'd do almost anything to get) even though it didn't fare well in Japan. Like I said in my OP, I'm not getting a new console now, but in the future. Need to sell the bad Wii U stuff out of the way first and start saving for real. Don't have excess cash to put into games, so strategic measures must take place. If the damn Wii U had moar games, I wouldn't be in this situation. :/

I love the WiiU m8, shame you don't like it as much as me, its one of my favorites, I can play for hours on MK8, well did do until I gave the game away but that was for a good cause! :)

Reactions: Rob Blou

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think the PS4 was alawys going to be more appealing to gamers because it was blown out of all proportions with its power, they made out it was like way more powerful than the Xbox One and was the most powerful console ever on the market to date also it was Sony and the major draw was the price difference, the PS4 was much cheaper because it never came with a silly Kinect device which put the Xbox One's prices sky high and that had a ripple effect on selling the units.

I actually had a PS4 preorder, fully paid up until 2 weeks before its release. Canceled it then and got the Wii U. I still have the receipt. :)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The PS4's certainly the better console this current-gen for multplatforms but since they're multiplatforms there's no rush to get one.

It's really a shame that Sunset Overdrive's an Xbox One exclusive because it would make the PS4 so much better.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried out the PS4 controller at a GAME store earlier this year while playing Knack (sorta felt like Crash Bandicoot)

WOzifIN.gif

Yeah Knack sorta feels like Crash

Reactions: GameWinner

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Knack is a bad game. It was one of the reasons I actually preordered the PS4, but after trying it out at GameStop, talk about a bland platformer.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Crash Bandicoot is overpraised so in a way it felt like a werehog'd version of it, I love CB but the series never did anything more impressive than what the Mario franchise has done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu