Hacking SoftBricked 2ds from trying to download Luma CFW.

xxturtlederpxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softBricked my 2ds from attempting to download Luma CFW. When I try to go into recovery mode I get to the update and get the error message:"An error occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted". I've tried getting closer to internet router, switching sd card, and using no sd at all. Also my top screen is zoomed into the top left corner. Please help otherwise i don't know what to do. Thank you.

Last edited by xxturtlederpxx,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a warning at the top about using a corrupt sd card. I'm not sure if that's only when installing a9lh though. r u sure the sd card is fine?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i used: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax i got to section 2 and i put my sd in and it was soft bricked
So have you successfully installed A9LH or not? Did you perform a 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? Have you tried turning on your 2DS without the SD card? Why are you going into recovery mode in the first place? Did you remember to delete your home menu extdata from your SD? You need to give us more information.

Reactions: Zidapi and Lacius

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i might have a band backup but i'm not 100% sure. When i was installing safehax from homebrew i backed up something.
Well, check the files9 folder on your SD and tell us if there's a large file named NANDmin.bin (or something similar).

This has nothing to do with Luma3DS if you haven't actually installed A9LH yet (also note that Luma3DS and safehax are not things that are 'installed'). What happens when you try to boot your 2DS normally?

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

xxturtlederpxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you successfully installed A9LH or not? Did you perform a 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? Have you tried turning on your 2DS without the SD card? Why are you going into recovery mode in the first place? Did you remember to delete your home menu extdata from your SD? You need to give us more information.
i tried all of it and i'm still soft bricked
Well, check the files9 folder on your SD and tell us if there's a large file named NANDmin.bin (or something similar).

i put all my folders off the sd and put those in a backup
Please answer the rest of our questions. Specifically, what happens when you boot without the SD card? Be very specific.
when i boot without the sd it does the exact same thing it turns the blue light on and stays a black screen

xxturtlederpxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This has nothing to do with Luma3DS if you haven't actually installed A9LH yet (also note that Luma3DS and safehax are not things that are 'installed'). What happens when you try to boot your 2DS normally?
i checked files 9 and i do have NANDmin.bin
Does the 2DS turn itself off after a couple of seconds?
it stays on
It stay on and the console won't shut itself with or without SD card, right?
yea it stays on either way i have to manually shut it off

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs