Hacking So Wii Pal owners are currently not supported?

KillerMiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anybody confirm that I have understood everything correct?

If you have a NTSC Wii with Wiikey you can play everything fine.
If you have a PAL Wii with Wiikey you can play ONLY Pal Games fine and "some" NTSC Games?
Why is that so?
Can,t they make a "PAL" Version of the Wiikey, or why does NTSC Wii,s have this advantage?

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
I think NTSC can only play some PAL and some NTSC-J games as well... the NTSC system certainly can't play every game out there, and if they happen to be able to play more jap games then us its because japanese run on NTSC too and obviously it would require less to convert a NTSC-J to a NTSC-U then it would to convert an NTSC-J to a PAL format.

So to say that NTSC wii plays everything fine is wrong, it can't.

rev_karol

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, it depends on the output. PAL is 480i but some games output 480p only (or maybe I have that backwards). Anyway, if you have a decent newish television, it'll be able to show both, but older televisions (which may only take composite) may not work. Some games output both standards but some don't. That's why some NTSC games will work and some won't.

If I'm wrong (it *has* happened), correct me.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
As far as I know, it depends on the output. PAL is 480i but some games output 480p only (or maybe I have that backwards). Anyway, if you have a decent newish television, it'll be able to show both, but older televisions (which may only take composite) may not work. Some games output both standards but some don't. That's why some NTSC games will work and some won't.

If I'm wrong (it *has* happened), correct me.

I believe the PAL system used to exclusively use 576i (a screen option on PAL Wii's). But newer TV's now support 480i and 480p.

There are no Wii games that output 480p only. That would mean you couldn't play them even in America if you didn't have a component cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM